soco7tech

2 year restriction

77 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I would try to get the police certificate before leaving Bulgaria. Meanwhile, find out also how to get it if you are out of the country because you may have to request for another one while back in Maldova. If it will expire before your interview date, get a new one ahead of time since it will probably be time connsuming (you know how it is like dealing with the government or anything related to it).

If you estimate that the rest of your HRR will end before your NOA2 extension is up, you don't have to do anything -- no waiver, no withdrawal of the petition, no nothing. Just hurry up and go back to Maldova and look forward to your NOA2, remember to request for an extension when it's time to do so, wait for the HRR to be over, then schedule an interview.

See??? it is not that bad, right???

:) Good luck.

Click here to look at my K-1 journey and AOS adventure on my profile -- signature & story tab...

----------------------------------------------------

973181_1238682260.jpg

Check out our dog's blog here.

My ROC Adventure:

January 13, 2010----------Mailed out I-751 to VSC

January 15, 2010----------Package delivered

January 19, 2010----------NOA

January 21, 2010----------Check cashed

February 17, 2010---------Biometrics

April 8, 2010----------------Card production ordered

April 19, 2010---------------Card received in the mail

The Most Powerful Force in Life is Love

1095_thumb.gif1332_thumb.gif807_thumb.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Kinzaza,

What is the country you have listed on your DS2019 as the country listed as "Legal Permanent Residence Country" ?

Whatever country is stated there....that must be the country you spend your 2 years in.

Moldova :( I only wish I knew :(

Since finishing your program.....how much time (could be in parts)......have you spent in Moldova?

I came sometimes on June 17, 2002 and left for Bulgaria at the end of August 2003 so that makes it 14.5 months. Over three years I came on 7 spring/fall breaks of 7 days each so that makes it around 2 more months so it's 16.5 months.Then i came for four winter breaks (3 weeks each)...ok...there are 2.5 more months so it's 20 monts.

Kinzaza:

I think you should get a 'real' number of months and days you spent in Moldova since coming back from the US on that J-1 with the HRR. You should have a clear idea how much more time you need to be there to meet the HRR. Go to your passport and check the dates stamped on there for every entry and departure.

This is what they do at the consulate to determine if you have completed your 2 yr HRR.

Good Luck & Take care. (F)

Yeah....except my stampt are starting to wash out....:( poor quality Ink ...

THANK YOUUUUUU (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F)

Removal of conditions...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Elena,

I'm glad to see people that are able to help you out with this situation. It makes me feel good to know hope is always there! :dance:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Elena,

I'm glad to see people that are able to help you out with this situation. It makes me feel good to know hope is always there! :dance:

joe,

any ideas on how to sharpen the stamps color so i could actually see the dates to write them down?

Removal of conditions...

Timeline

Geez...I don't know...maybe if you can scan them at a large resolution where they are magnified on the computer screen. Wouldn't the customs office have a record of all your entries and exits of Moldova that you could request? :unsure:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Geez...I don't know...maybe if you can scan them at a large resolution where they are magnified on the computer screen. Wouldn't the customs office have a record of all your entries and exits of Moldova that you could request? :unsure:

should be...but who the hell knows? with those guys u never really know

Removal of conditions...

Timeline

If scanning them at a large resolution onto the computer does not work where you can see all the visa stamps, I am hoping someone can come along and add more information to help you. I am sorry I do not know more about it. You know I'd love to help you however I can! :blush:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

joe,

any ideas on how to sharpen the stamps color so i could actually see the dates to write them down?

Try making a simple black/white copy of the page in the passport, w/ a good quality copier. Sometimes that works to highlight the color in the stamps...since usually the ink they use in the stamps is red, but on a b/w copy it is black and could be more visible.

Just an idea. :)

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

If scanning them at a large resolution onto the computer does not work where you can see all the visa stamps, I am hoping someone can come along and add more information to help you. I am sorry I do not know more about it. You know I'd love to help you however I can! :blush:

lol :) u suck at falsifying stuff Joe :)))))))) thank you hun...i will try that

joe,

Try making a simple black/white copy of the page in the passport, w/ a good quality copier. Sometimes that works to highlight the color in the stamps...since usually the ink they use in the stamps is red, but on a b/w copy it is black and could be more visible.

Just an idea. :)

wow...cool...i will try that too :) feel like a hacker :)))))))))))) thank youuuuu :-P

Removal of conditions...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Elena,

joe,

Hello elena:)

just wanted to say something that I think might help you a ltl:)

the company I work at had the problem of determing for how long the foreigners who work in the country have spent here and we found out that if you are for example from the EU u can enter the country only with ur ID card, there is no way you can actually prove for the authorities for how long they have been in or out of the country.

So i was wondereing what if u had to change ur passportor entered on ID card(no stamps in it)?

How are they gonna approach that? Cause i am sure no records are stored at the border proving entry...

If it is the same in Moldova then you should see if you can somehow report longer stays...

just thougth I might be useful:)

All the best

2007-03-26 I 129F Package sent

2007-03-29 NOA1 issued

2007-04-03 "touched"

2007-04-07 "touched" (Saturday)

2007-04-10 NOA!!!!!!!!Yoo-hooo

2007-04-11 "touched"

2007-04-19 consulate received

2007-04-24 Package 3 received

2007-05-21 Interview - Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2007-05-23 Visa received

2007-08-28 JFK entry

2007-09-08 Married:)

2007-09-12 Sent AOS application

2007-09-14 AOS Received in Chicago

2007-09-24 NOA1 for GC, EAD, AP

2007-11-09 Biometrics app.

2007-11-XX EAD and AP received

2007-12-20 Transfered to CSC

2008-01-06 "touched"

2008-01-07 "touched"

2008-01-08 "touched"

2008-02-08 'touched"

2008-02-10 "touched"

2008-02-14 Card pruduction ordered :)

2008-02-15 "touched"

Elena,

joe,

Hello elena:)

just wanted to say something that I think might help you a ltl:)

the company I work at had the problem of determing for how long the foreigners who work in the country have spent here and we found out that if you are for example from the EU u can enter the country only with ur ID card, there is no way you can actually prove for the authorities for how long they have been in or out of the country.

So i was wondereing what if u had to change ur passportor entered on ID card(no stamps in it)?

How are they gonna approach that? Cause i am sure no records are stored at the border proving entry...

If it is the same in Moldova then you should see if you can somehow report longer stays...

just thougth I might be useful:)

All the best

Moldova is not yet an EU country, as far as I know....so all of E's entries to her home country Moldova are stamped in her passport. ( Not sure about Bulgaria, did it just join right along w/ Romania in January of this year, or is Bulgaria still waiting to join?)

I'm curious to see if the b/w copying will work. The reason I suggested it was because I had the same trouble deciphering the dates on entry/exit in my US passport (entry stamps for Hungary and Romania, which were both done in red ink) . Since the pages in the US passport are kind of a light blue, some of my stamps were not visible at all, but when I made a b/w copy I was able to tell the dates clearly. :)

Good luck!

Edited by Paula&Minya

Timeline

I am glad this suggestion was brought up copying the passport stamps into black & white. I'll definitely be keeping this information handy for the next time asks about this. ;)

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Filed: Other Country: Poland
Timeline

I'm glad I only started with a "simple" question. :P:whistle::blink:

So let me see if I have everything sorted out.

1. My beautiful bride to be needs to research the exact virbage of her restriction to verify that she has to be living in her country of origin for a total of two years (or not),

2. About 5 months prior to her restriction being fulfiled, I need to start the paperwork for the K1 visa.

3. Then it's a waiting game hopeing that the timing is right so that the K1 interview is scheduled for after the restriction is lifted.

It almost sounds like it would be easier to go to Poland, get married there, then apply for a K3 visa 3 months before her restriction is up.

So which would be easier and/or faster in the end, the K1 or the K3 route?

I would also like to thank and wish the best of luck to:

Altimixdj

Kinzaza

Tonyeck

Paula&Minya

Rebeccajo

Ladywhite

Zyggy

TracyTN

Alex+R

Ivelina Andrew

MPGGPM

May neighbours respect you, Trouble neglect you, The angels protect you, And heaven accept you.

I'm not sure about the K3 visa, if applying for it 3 months before your fiancee's 2 year restriction is up will get her here w/in three months. It seems that the K1 visa is a little bit faster to get than the K3, but that's just what I've seen from reading people's posts here. Look at the Immigration Timelines page here and weigh your options. The fact is that one can only resolve the 2 year restriction by obtaining a waiver OR waiting your the period in one's home country. Marriage to a USC (regardless of what country the marriage occurs in) does not nullify the restriction.....so if you're thinking of pursuing the K3, instead of the K1 route in order to achieve this, I'm afraid that won't work.

Your wife's 2 year restriction is up towards the end of this year in November...I think if you spend the next month or two gathering all the documentary proof you will need and file in early say June, by the time the interview rolls around, your fiancee should be finished w/ her HRR.

Your profile does state your location, so I'm not sure if once you file your petition it will be processed by Vermont Service Center or California? Vermont is significantly faster in processing K1 applications, so if that will be your Service center you my want to push your filing date further into the summer. The imigration timelines page shows the average processing times it takes for K1/K3 at each service center.

Good luck w/ your visa journey!

-P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.