44 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My question is, if USCIS does take action, how long would it take if I reported as Marriage Fraud? or do they just wait until his green card expires 2 years?

Here is my situation:

He got here November 2015 got married, same month, right of way, he said, he did not want to waste anytime, I made the adjustment right of way, so he could get his green card, after that he got his green card everything went sour, I honestly believed, it was real love and he cared for me.

It was all false, all evidence submitted to USCIS were just pretended, not on my part but his, I really loved him and fell in love with him, this is killing me, I can not believe this happened to me, I did reported as fraud already.

I know he is at peace, because, he is going to use the mental abuse card, that I mentally abused him, I will explain why, he says that.

All through out the relationship, I have always know him to be a compulsive liar, I thought after marriage things would change because, we both have faith in God, I told him, that the only way this marriage would last if, we both went to church and turn our self to God completely.

I had several red flags, one was, as soon as he got here in the States, I say 2 months after, he moved in to the guest room, did not want nothing to do with me, I told him that, I would be withdrawing all papers and cancel everything, because there was really no relationship, as soon as I said that, he said, Ok so you are threatening me with deportation?

He got his green card, he has worked 2 jobs already, works for 3 days, stops goes to another job quits, he is not even working right now, sleeps all day.

I found evidence of an on going relationship with somebody else on the computer, I confronted him and of course, he denies everything, said it was not him, no body uses that computer, only him and myself, plus my son is always out of town, never goes in the guest room, it just the 3 of us living in the household.

He stays on the internet all night until next morning with his other relationship in Mexico, he thinks, he is going to stay here and bring his new love to the States.

This went on for months and months, I never to took action or reported, but I let it go.

I do not want him in my house, I have also made several police reports, he gets violent and can't control his anger when he gets mad, I have made several police reports.

He did threat me, if he gets deported, he would do something to me and my son.

Stupid me, I spent over 25 thousand on him, I do not care about the money, I just want him gone forever.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is definately a fear that is involved somewhere in the whole process and I feel badly for you that it has gone this way. I would definately make sure to report the fraud and back it up with all your other evidence as relating to the other relationship, the abuse. The immigrations should take care of this and hopefully should revoke the green card; but do not wait much longer or it will seem like youre the one who had a last minute change of heart.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

take your valuables with you, leave the house, stop all communication and go somewhere safe

initiate divorce proceedings

if you started anything joint with him-credit cards, bank accounts etc, close those down

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Filed: Timeline

I have no where to go that is my house, I purchased my house 10 years prior to marriage, we do not have anything together, thank God, he never wanted to.

I did start the divorce on my own, i no longer have that much money anymore, more less to do a divorce, I tried to get legal advise, he did tell me, he would not sign a divorce, if it was going to affect his immigration status.

Im in Texas, I was informed by police officer.

Yes, I pay for everything, he is not working or doing anything.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Please follow through with what the others have told you.

Make a plan to get set free as it will help you to recover emotionally and REMEMBER, this is not your fault. Put that head back up, straighten your crown and move on like the Queen you are.

K1 filed September 4, 2015

K1 Issued Feb 25, 2016

Entered the US June 3, 2016

Married June 13, 2016

AOS filed June 28, 2016

Paperwork received June 29, 2016

NOA dated July 11, 2016 for 485, 131, 765

RFIE mailed August 13, 2016

RFIE sent express August 22, 2016 ***Make sure you all use the latest forms from USCIS or RFIE***

RFIE accepted August 24, 2016

EAD Card is being produced September 13, 2016

Green Card is being produced November 17, 2016

AOS Approved November 18, 2016

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10766;472/st/20160711/e/NOA+1/k/25e6/event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I tried the restraining order, from what I gather, I was informed, I really do not have enough evidence to really get a restraining order.

Yes, you are right im hooked on the I-864.

There is no burden of proof usually required for a civil protection order. Some states have a worksheet that you can go through, but basically in consists of you stating that you feel threatened because of their threatening/violent behavior that you will sometimes have to list off for the court. In general, that should be enough.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Looks like you are more interested in his deportation than your own safety. You helped prove that this is genuine and you will need a whole lot to prove "marriage fraud". I know we all can get fooled but you were and still using deportation threat against him. That's how he could use emotional abuse against you..You tried restraining order and couldn't get one even though it is fairly easy to get in Texas.

You can't just send him back.

Get away from him. Your safety and that of your son is important. And channel your energy to something else. All that you are doing now is leaving paper trail for him to ROC no difficulty.

Good luck to you!

the fact that he stated that something bad will happen to your kid and you if he gets deported should be enough proof to get away from him . you should be recording your conversations with him and report him to the police. Get the divorce as soon as possible.

^^ it is illegal in the state of Texas to record conversations between parties without consent.. She can't do that.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Be sure you secure your important papers somewhere else than your house. Put them all in a safe deposit box at a bank or something.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.