Eric-Pris

90 Day Fiance- Season 4

567 posts in this topic

Just watched the latest Happily Ever After...

Alexei's parents...talk about fishing for a green card. All this "we miss you so much, we can't cope without you". They knew Loren wouldn't leave the USA so they were basically saying "petition for us as soon as you have citizenship". Honestly, they are not even that old. He's not even 30 so his parents are in their 50s or 60s. But they are all acting like they are in their 90s with this "they need my help" business. My mother is in her 60s and still works full time, lives on her own and doesn't need any help. She'd be offended if I suggested she needed my or anyone else's help.

I feel sorry for Kyle. Spends over $1500 bringing Noon over and filing her AOS, leaves New Orleans for her, gives up his job for her, takes her to Portland to eat Thai food and speak to Thai people and she's still not satisfied. In their series I think they were the only couple truly in love and I'm disappointed that she's not prepared to change her lifestyle when she came to a new country.

Next week promises more Brett and Dayah - the girl who "gave up everything in the Philippines" for an expensive house in Washington. That must have been tough on her. Can't wait!

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

I feel sorry for Kyle. Spends over $1500 bringing Noon over and filing her AOS, leaves New Orleans for her, gives up his job for her, takes her to Portland to eat Thai food and speak to Thai people and she's still not satisfied. In their series I think they were the only couple truly in love and I'm disappointed that she's not prepared to change her lifestyle when she came to a new country.

Next week promises more Brett and Dayah - the girl who "gave up everything in the Philippines" for an expensive house in Washington. That must have been tough on her. Can't wait!

Kyle seems like he is madly in love with his ungrateful wife. He has no family so I think he will do anything not to lose her, seems like he's afraid of being alone. He quit his job for her, he now moved across the country only because she wanted to be around Thai people, and she's still not happy. Maybe her family is just fishing for more money. If she wants to be near more Thai people, maybe he should sent her back to Thailand.

My wife and I have disliked Daya since the beginning. Remember when she arrived at the airport, and he gave her a nice big bouquet of flowers, she complained that they weren't roses. Then she made him take her to a jewelry store to verify that the ring was a real diamond. If my fiancé demanded that, she would be on the next flight back to where she came from (without the "fake" ring).

Kyle seems like he is madly in love with his ungrateful wife. He has no family so I think he will do anything not to lose her, seems like he's afraid of being alone. He quit his job for her, he now moved across the country only because she wanted to be around Thai people, and she's still not happy. Maybe her family is just fishing for more money. If she wants to be near more Thai people, maybe he should sent her back to Thailand.

My wife and I have disliked Daya since the beginning. Remember when she arrived at the airport, and he gave her a nice big bouquet of flowers, she complained that they weren't roses. Then she made him take her to a jewelry store to verify that the ring was a real diamond. If my fiancé demanded that, she would be on the next flight back to where she came from (without the "fake" ring).

Oh yes Daya at Sea-Tac airport (it brought a tear to my eye as the very same airport has been the venue for many, many tearful goodbyes with my husband but I digress) and the flowers and the ring! Good thing she didn't get engaged to my hubby. My engagement ring was the black plastic ring on a bottle of Mountain Dew when you take the cap off.

Kyle is completely lovesick. He adores that girl but I'm starting to dislike her. It's America. It's not Thailand. It's different. Not necessarily better. Not necessarily worse. But different. Get used to it or go home.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I saw this show for the first time last week!! O...M...G !!!! I saw at least 3 couples who I give less than a 1% chance of lasting more than a year...I don't remember the names, but :

1. The weed grower and girl from Russia- Her tastes are too expensive.

2. The girl from Florida and guy from Morocco- Extreme culture shock

3. The lady and the guy from Nigeria- More red flags than I can describe in the space I have to write

Like someone else said......Like watching a train wreck.

Are some of these people actually on VJ?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

On the contrary, Anfisa has stated multiple times that she wants to be famous and to be a model. What better place to do it than LA?

Very true. I guess I'm having a hard time seeing past the $10k/mo allowance request (which I know was likely a joke... I hope. But that's where my head was). I do still think she'd take up with anyone who could give her bottomless funds. Then she could jet set around the world to any photoshoot her heart desires.

To play devil's advocate for a moment... he has no family, and just about the most portable profession on earth. Why should they stay in the US? So he can be around Americans and eat American food? So he doesn't have to give up his country and culture and friends (but not country, culture, friends and family like his wife...).

There is no shortage of Americans or American food in Thailand. I don't think that means that he should go or that he's selfish for not going (although, I could see someone's case for that opinion)-- just that what may seem unreasonable of her, might sound totally reasonable of him, and that's not a fair assessment of the situation.

Plus, her father could be legitimately very sick. They haven't said what it is, have they? What if it's some form of cancer and he has a 50% chance of living longer than a year? You'd want to be there even with the 50/50 chance you lose your green card. Because the other 50/50 chance (dad dying) is a significantly bigger deal than a green card and needing to apply for a spouse visa. And finally if something like this scenario is true, there are ways to apply for justifying leaving for so long and I think that would probably qualify.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Kyle is completely lovesick. He adores that girl but I'm starting to dislike her. It's America. It's not Thailand. It's different. Not necessarily better. Not necessarily worse. But different. Get used to it or go home.

She is trying to go home. That's what we're watching unfold. How they're going to navigate this wanting to go home vs wanting to stay married. At some point, she'll have to decide if she wants to be married to Kyle more, or go home more. Just like he'll have to decide if he wants to stay married to Noon more or stay in the US more. Barring some sort of compromise I can't quite picture, that is essentially what it boils down to which sucks but is true.

All of us here and our partners have made that decision at some point or another (and most of us here the decision was "want to be married more" and our foreign partners moved to the US). What really stinks is for people like Noon (and my husband, and countless other partners on VJ) who had to make that choice sight-unseen. I can't imagine. Truly, I cannot, and I remain in awe of their trust and bravery for doing it (even if the US is objectively "better" than any of these countries, which is a point I won't concede, it is still signing up to move to a foreign country long term to permanently that you have never once seen). I can't imagine how difficult having second thoughts/buyers remorse/ coming to the realization that this place is Not For You must be under these circumstances. At least if you chose the wrong university, you can transfer. Bought in a boring neighborhood? Can sell it. But their decision to move to the US is intrinsically wrapped up in someone who they love very much (enough to move for them) and it's not quite so easy to leave when "leaving" can mean divorce and heartache.

Edited by CatherineA

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

She is trying to go home. That's what we're watching unfold. How they're going to navigate this wanting to go home vs wanting to stay married. At some point, she'll have to decide if she wants to be married to Kyle more, or go home more. Just like he'll have to decide if he wants to stay married to Noon more or stay in the US more. Barring some sort of compromise I can't quite picture, that is essentially what it boils down to which sucks but is true.

All of us here and our partners have made that decision at some point or another (and most of us here the decision was "want to be married more" and our foreign partners moved to the US). What really stinks is for people like Noon (and my husband, and countless other partners on VJ) who had to make that choice sight-unseen. I can't imagine. Truly, I cannot, and I remain in awe of their trust and bravery for doing it (even if the US is objectively "better" than any of these countries, which is a point I won't concede, it is still signing up to move to a foreign country long term to permanently that you have never once seen). I can't imagine how much having second thoughts/buyers remorse/ coming to the realization that this place is Not For You must be under these circumstances. At least if you chose the wrong university, you can transfer. Bought in a boring neighborhood? Can sell it. But their decision to move to the US is intrinsically wrapped up in someone who they love very much (enough to move for them) and it's not quite so easy to leave when "leaving" can mean divorce and heartache.

oh no, this is gonna make me cry!!!

All of us here and our partners have made that decision at some point or another (and most of us here the decision was "want to be married more" and our foreign partners moved to the US). What really stinks is for people like Noon (and my husband, and countless other partners on VJ) who had to make that choice sight-unseen. I can't imagine. Truly, I cannot, and I remain in awe of their trust and bravery for doing it (even if the US is objectively "better" than any of these countries, which is a point I won't concede, it is still signing up to move to a foreign country long term to permanently that you have never once seen). I can't imagine how difficult having second thoughts/buyers remorse/ coming to the realization that this place is Not For You must be under these circumstances. At least if you chose the wrong university, you can transfer. Bought in a boring neighborhood? Can sell it. But their decision to move to the US is intrinsically wrapped up in someone who they love very much (enough to move for them) and it's not quite so easy to leave when "leaving" can mean divorce and heartache.

I don't think any foreign spouses come into the country "sight-unseen". Even those who have never touched American soil prior to the immigrant visa being granted are in love with someone from that country and must therefore have a lot in common with that person and understand the culture otherwise what foundation does the relationship have? I'm fortunate to be from a VWP country and to have been able to visit over 40 times because of my job with an airline. I'm also from an English-speaking country. But the USA is still a foreign country to me. However, my husband is my soulmate. We share the same tastes in almost everything. We laugh at the same jokes. We want the same things in life. We have the same goals and desires. We have the same faith (a minority faith in both the UK and the US). He has always been fascinated by the UK and our history. The very first time I saw him he was wearing a Union Jack flag on his t shirt. I sometimes joke that he's more British than me (since I have dual nationality due to my parents being from two different countries). My husband isn't a foreigner to me. I am totally in tune with him and his way of life.

So what was it about Kyle that made Noon decide he was worth leaving everything for? He appears to be quite an average American man. He's never lived in Thailand so there must be something about his average American-ness that Noon could connect with. They must share some common values, interests, goals. So although she had never been to the country, she must have felt a connection to it because she fell in love with a 100% American boy.

And I think he is within his rights to be hesitant about moving to Thailand. He doesn't speak the language. What is healthcare like there? Would he want to raise children there? What about retirement plans? We don't know but maybe Kyle has a medical condition like diabetes or asthma that requires a constant supply of medication and good healthcare? What if he gets there and then someone close to him in the USA becomes sick with cancer and has a 50/50 chance of living? He isn't close to his mother but there were people at the wedding who were close to him (aunt? Cousin? Can't remember).

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

I saw this show for the first time last week!! O...M...G !!!! I saw at least 3 couples who I give less than a 1% chance of lasting more than a year...I don't remember the names, but :

1. The weed grower and girl from Russia- Her tastes are too expensive.

2. The girl from Florida and guy from Morocco- Extreme culture shock

3. The lady and the guy from Nigeria- More red flags than I can describe in the space I have to write

Like someone else said......Like watching a train wreck.

Are some of these people actually on VJ?

I feel bad for Pedro, its painful to watch because Chantel has him going along with the lie.I think he really does love her. When he met Father Chantel at the gym he should have spilled the beans, i cant imagine he is ok with her lying about him to her family.

A few of the people have profiles on VJ

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I feel bad for Pedro, its painful to watch because Chantel has him going along with the lie.I think he really does love her. When he met Father Chantel at the gym he should have spilled the beans, i cant imagine he is ok with her lying about him to her family.

A few of the people have profiles on VJ

Exactly..

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Freakin Chantel. It looks so bad now. Because she waited so long to tell her family it now seems like Pedro is using her because they're now rushing to get married.

I actually feel bad for Mohammed because Danielle is screwing him finacially. It just sucks bc he said the lease is in his name and it also seems like some of the bills are in his name too. He wasn't expecting his situation to turn out that way and now he wants out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I actually feel bad for Mohammed because Danielle is screwing him finacially. It just sucks bc he said the lease is in his name and it also seems like some of the bills are in his name too. He wasn't expecting his situation to turn out that way and now he wants out.

Small price to pay for maybe using her to get a greencard?

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't feel bad for Mohammad one tiny bit! He's a user. He never had any intention of staying married to Danielle.

Chantel's parents said they aren't mad at Pedro. They're angry with her and rightfully so. Shame on her putting Pedro in that spot to make him tell her parents about HER lie. Glad it threw it back to her.

Small price to pay for maybe using her to get a greencard?

Yep karma