Eric-Pris

90 Day Fiance- Season 4

567 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

90_Day_Fiance_Season_4_Nicole_Azan.jpg

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

What's with all the generalizations in this thread assuming that no man who is not desperate is attracted to "fat" women? I see couples of all shapes and sizes around me all the time. Love, affection and sexual attraction are not reserved for any particular body type, skin color, etc. I completely agree that there are some egregious mismatches on the show (I'm looking at you Danielle) but that does not mean that any foreign fiance(e) marrying a larger person is only in it for the gc.

I think it is more that he made comments about her eating less and he seems to recoil when she shows affection. I think of a couple I've followed for a while https://www.youtube.com/user/glowpinkstah/featured and they are pretty different body shape wise but definitely in love.

The things that make this different to me are that Nicole seems to be chasing this man and doesn't have too much common sense. A mother just can't up and leave her small child to go to a foreign country to spend time with a man she's never met before. It is dangerous and ill advised (what if it didn't go well, what would she do for the remaining time?). What's his face (I'm sticking to it) doesn't seem perturbed that Nicole, who very likely would have his children in a genuine relationship, isn't exactly prime mothering stock. Just a lot of red flags and it just doesn't feel genuine.

Would she have even gone to see him without the camera crew or a friend to tag along? I don't know, but I sure hope not.

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I was quite shocked that Nicole went to meet his family, who seem at least moderately religious, in shorts way above the knee and a lot of skin showing. Even without knowing a lot about the culture, you'd thing she'd at least have worn long pants and maybe a shawl/ long sleeved shirt, out of respect.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Speaking of disrespect, I moved from Team Chantel to Team Pedro when she was backing that train up against other guys in front of him. And her plan makes no sense. What if a family friend watches "90 Day Fiancée" and calls up her family? Plus, the clips will be on YouTube forever.

I thin the 90 days has passed for all of them, the series is not filmed "in real time". So Chantel's plan likely was that her family would fall in love with him and then she;d tell them everything, way before the wedding/ the TV series was shown. However, if I was Pedro I'd have serious doubts right about now. I agree with you, the way she danced was way inappropriate, no matter what culture.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I thin the 90 days has passed for all of them, the series is not filmed "in real time". So Chantel's plan likely was that her family would fall in love with him and then she;d tell them everything, way before the wedding/ the TV series was shown. However, if I was Pedro I'd have serious doubts right about now. I agree with you, the way she danced was way inappropriate, no matter what culture.

I guess we will have to wait for their seasons version of "Happily Ever After"

I dont see Nicole and Azan making it, another Danielle and Moh. Nicole was disrespectful at his parents house, with her clothing choice, and the burying her face in his shoulder like a shy 3yr old when she asked a question or they looked at her. She's very immature and whiny.

I really like Alla, and i agree with the poster that Matt needs to stop letting his friend and family treat her poorly.

Edited by Mary Lou

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Has anyone seen this show, 90 day fiancé? I'm watching for the first time now and I don't know what to think about. Seems interesting but seems very sensationalized. What are your thoughts?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process and merged with ongoing Off-Topic Thread~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I love this car crash of a show but it's starting to get too ridiculous even for me.

I have always had issues with TLC portraying the K-1 visa as a "try before you buy" arrangement. They don't have 90 days to decide if they want to get married or not. They have 90 days to organise a legal wedding. The deciding should be done before the I-129F is filed.

Jorge apparently has a criminal record that Anfisa doesn't know about. Why doesn't she? Was that not addressed in her interview at least? My husband has a criminal record and has done prison time. He told me all about it very early in our relationship. I have read all the documents and I'm fully aware of it. I even sent a copy of the paperwork with our I-130 and signed the top right of each copied page so that USCIS could see that I was fully aware. We also addressed this issue in our covering letter. They would have run a background check on Jorge. Why hasn't he told the woman he intends to marry?

Nicole and Azan. I see couples like that on visa forums all the time. By that I mean couples who claim to have been talking "constantly" for months but know nothing about each other. Take the food, for example. He seemed shocked that she doesn't eat vegetables and has a very poor diet. During their months of talking did they ever discuss favourite foods, what they just ate for dinner, and so on? It was one of the first things my husband and I talked about in getting to know each other. The same with fitness. He's obviously very much into fitness so did they ever talk about exercise? It seems to be his biggest hobby. How could he be surprised by her lifestyle when they finally meet if they have been talking "constantly" for months?

I found it very odd when Alla arrived and Matt had no food in the house (but he's a man who until that point was living on his own and probably ordered in for the most part or ate at diners and probably didn't ever shop for groceries) but she referred to the house as "Matt's house" and he referred to it as "my house". It's their house now. She lives there. She's almost his wife. I haven't moved to my husband yet but our apartment has been "our apartment" since we became serious and decided to spend the rest of our lives together.

And every season we have the work issue. Fiances arriving from various places with ideas of the work they want to do. There is a wannabe model in every series. This time Anfisa, last time Paola, before that Cassia and before that Kirlyam. But they choose the very visa type that doesn't allow them to work for several months! I've never been a fan of a K-1 and I wonder why anyone with a career would even consider it especially now that we are seeing CR-1s being completed in less than 10 months. But why all the whining when they chose this route?

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Chantelle's storyline makes me cringe. I learned the hard not to lie about anything but to lie about the visa is making me scream internally. I told my family the truth from the beginning of my relationship. My mother still isn't on board but at least they know. It's gonna be a lot worse when they find out.

Edit: this whole show is cringeworthy but I can't stop watching.

It's also frustrating how this process is portrayed.

Edited by Kay&Epi