journeybeginsnow

F-1 Army reservist wife...NEED HELP!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I posted this in the military forum as well; yet, I decided to reach out to as many people as I can to ask for answers.

My husband is currently in AIT training, and I am filing a green card application for myself.

1. What should I put in G325A for his employer and current address? Do I put "US Army" then his base address?

2. Do I list the annual income that is "expected" for him in the form? He has been receiving his bi-weekly pay in BCT/AIT trainings yet the amount is far greater than what you would get as a reservist - because you are considered on active duty while in training.

http://www.goarmy.com/reserve/benefits/money.html

3. Do I check that he is on "Active" duty even if he is a reservist? (Is there any other way of indicating that he is a reservist?)

Thank you!

Hello,

I posted this in the military forum as well; yet, I decided to reach out to as many people as I can to ask for answers.

My husband is currently in AIT training, and I am filing a green card application for myself.

1. What should I put in G325A for his employer and current address? Do I put "US Army" then his base address?

2. Do I list the annual income that is "expected" for him in the form? He has been receiving his bi-weekly pay in BCT/AIT trainings yet the amount is far greater than what you would get as a reservist - because you are considered on active duty while in training.

http://www.goarmy.com/reserve/benefits/money.html

3. Do I check that he is on "Active" duty even if he is a reservist? (Is there any other way of indicating that he is a reservist?)

Thank you!

1. Yes put US Army and the address of his base.

2. List only his income that he is receiving. I don't think you can use projected income.

3. I'm not sure. Hopefully someone can help with that question. My husband is a full time reservist which comes under active duty. I'm nor sure about part time reservists.

Good luck on your AOS journey :)

Filed: Timeline

1. Yes put US Army and the address of his base.

2. List only his income that he is receiving. I don't think you can use projected income.

3. I'm not sure. Hopefully someone can help with that question. My husband is a full time reservist which comes under active duty. I'm nor sure about part time reservists.

Good luck on your AOS journey :)

Thank you so much for your comment!

For #2,

the question on the paperwork is "my current annual income is"

He has been in the army for the past three months, so there is no annual income for me to report.

Can you please help? Thank you!

Has he been getting paid a salary for the past three months? If so then it is ok to put down his new annual income as long as he will be getting this salary in the future.

Edited by xlynsayloux

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.