M&M&J

Required document for IR1 Interview in Cairo

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello All,

This is my first post here and I'm sure I will find my answer. I've received appointment letter from NVC. The following documents are needed and I'm not sure that I'm familiar with all of them. Also I wanted to know what other documents are needed.

Documents requested in the appointment letter ( I marked with >>>>>>> the ones that I've question about ) :

Document Name Document Status
CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS C >>>>>>>>>> Is that the appointment letter I recieved?
1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1 R >>>>>>>>>> which part of DS-260?
1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 2 R >>>>>>>>>> which part of DS-260?
PASSPORT J
3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE J
4 - ADOPTION F >> I've daughter,she isn't adopted, she is my birth bio daughter, so what should I get?
5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE J
6 - MARRIAGE TERMINATION F >>>> I didn't terminate any mariage , what should I get?
7 - COURT RECORDS F >>>> I didn't get to the court before , what should I get?
F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE Y >>>> New Affidavit support and IRS transcript?
9 - MILITARY RECORDS F
10 - EGYPT POLICE CERTIFICATE J
FEE PAYMENT $ >>>>>> Are there additional payment at embassy ? and How much ?
PHOTOGRAPH A
F - PETITIONER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE F
F - PETITIONER BIRTH CERTIFICATE F

Document Name Document Status

CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS C >>>>>>>>>> Is that the appointment letter I recieved? Yes, this refers to the checklist page

1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1 R >>>>>>>>>> which part of DS-260? DS260 confirmation page (should have the barcode)

1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 2 R >>>>>>>>>> which part of DS-260?

PASSPORT J

3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE J

4 - ADOPTION F >> I've daughter,she isn't adopted, she is my birth bio daughter, so what should I get? Birth certificate showing the name of both the parents. Assume you are immigrating with your daughter. So, your birth certificate with your name and your parents name on it. AND your daughter's certificate with her name and your and your wife's name on it.

5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE J

6 - MARRIAGE TERMINATION F >>>> I didn't terminate any mariage , what should I get? You don't need to get anything, if you never divorced

7 - COURT RECORDS F >>>> I didn't get to the court before , what should I get? All you need is a police clearance certificate. That certificate shows if there are any court records against your name.

F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE Y >>>> New Affidavit support and IRS transcript? All financial evidence documents that you submitted to NVC

9 - MILITARY RECORDS F

10 - EGYPT POLICE CERTIFICATE J

FEE PAYMENT $ >>>>>> Are there additional payment at embassy ? and How much ? Not really.

PHOTOGRAPH A

F - PETITIONER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE F

F - PETITIONER BIRTH CERTIFICATE F

I would highly recommend to you to contact NVC as well and verify this. The general rule of thumb is to bring originals (and photocopy) of all documents you submitted to NVC. But please do call NVC too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

There should be a "key-code" listed for "R" "$" "A" "F" "J" etc that will tell you what is going on with the checklist items, such as received, N/A, money to be paid at the interview, etc. if I remember correctly it was a list on the last page of the packet.

01/28/2013 I-130 package sent

01/31/2013 Notice of Action Date After POE
02/01/2013 Received e-mail and text notification of acceptance
11/26/2013 Applied for SS#
02/04/2013 Received hard copy NOA1 (case not found in on-line system) 12/02/2013 ELIS site still states "accepted"
03/12/2013 Transferred to the local office 12/27/2013 received green card
04/10/2013 Case still not found in on-line system
04/15/2013 INFO-PASS appointment

05/01/2013 NOA2 sent petition approved

NVC Stage...of course it has to be complicatedreading.gifrolleyes.gif

05/09/2013 Case received by NVC

05/23/2013 Received case #'s from NVC

05/23/2013 DS-3032 sent from husband's e-mail

06/03/2013 First day I can not access payment portal

06/04/2013 AOS Fee invoiced and payment made

06/04/2013 DS-3032 resent with Supervisor Review

06/05/2013 DS-3032 acceptance e-mail

06/05/2013 AOS Fee shows "PAID"

06/06/2013 AOS package express mailed

06/07/2013 IV bill invoiced and payment made (still waiting on documents from Hubby)

06/08/2013 IV package express mailed

06/25/2013 IV reviewed - Checklist (2 errors, Birth document & date on DS-230)

06/26/2013 Requested supervisor review by e-mail & verbal request for birth document (fingers crossed)

06/27/2013 AOS accepted

06/28/2013 Checklist response sent for corrected DS-230 (I had my husband sign extra's just in-case)

08/02/2013 NVC requested a supervisor review on the checklist item over 20 business day window

08/05/2013 Case Complete!!! kicking.gif

08/27/2013 Interview Assigned

10/30/2013 Interview

11/04/2013 Pick up Passport

11/12/2013 POE @ JFK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.