Love_A_Brit

What causes delay between NOA2 and NVC case number?

179 posts in this topic

Okay then it actually sounds like you're in good shape. Give it 1-2 weeks to arrive at the NVC. :)

Thanks I was just down as its been 9 and nvc say it can take another 6 before I can do anything again :( I was hoping that because they sent it to the wrong department the first time they would at least fast track getting it to nvc. We were approved August 4

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
October 3 - USICIS sent to NVC
October 12 - NVC received (69 days in limbo)
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - call NVC to review DS-261 and get IV invoice unlocked
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh wow they sent it to the wrong department? They are such idiots. At least it got sent back though, mine and farzram's were lost to oblivion lol! Honestly when you speak to the NVC people on the phone (think Greg has said this already) they literally.. LITERALLY have no idea what they're talking about. They are either reading off a prompt or are making stuff up, even my congresswoman's staffer has told me that. Do not listen to anything they tell you. Don't let them get you down.

The best way to look at this is like this is the first time your petition is being sent to the NVC, as much as it sucks, you just have to forget about all the time it spent in limbo, and treat the situation like this is your first time around. Normally it only takes a week or two for the case to be sent to the NVC, and almost all petitions make it there in that timeframe. You're doing just fine, everything is ok ^_^

Oh wow they sent it to the wrong department? They are such idiots. At least it got sent back though, mine and farzram's were lost to oblivion lol! Honestly when you speak to the NVC people on the phone (think Greg has said this already) they literally.. LITERALLY have no idea what they're talking about. They are either reading off a prompt or are making stuff up, even my congresswoman's staffer has told me that. Do not listen to anything they tell you. Don't let them get you down.

The best way to look at this is like this is the first time your petition is being sent to the NVC, as much as it sucks, you just have to forget about all the time it spent in limbo, and treat the situation like this is your first time around. Normally it only takes a week or two for the case to be sent to the NVC, and almost all petitions make it there in that timeframe. You're doing just fine, everything is ok ^_^

Thank you!

Just pissed if you'll excuse the expression that I am operating as a single parent for extra time that nothing was done!

But you are right at least mine was found, all I can hope is that all of it was found and I won't have to recreate once they actually receive it.

Someone once said if the glass is half full or half empty is irrelevant, you can always top it up ?

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We're on day 21 since getting our NOA1. NVC still hasn't received our petition etc. Following this topic for moral support and also to stop me freaking out.

Even if reading this topic made me freak out about your struggles!!

Met: May 15, 2013

Engaged: May 21, 2015

Our K1 Process

Filed I-129F: August 8, 2016

NOA1: August 15, 2016

NOA2: September 15, 2016

NVC Received: October 13, 2016

NVC Left: October 17, 2016

Consulate Received: October 24, 2016

London Medical: November 23, 2016

Interview: December 7, 2016

Arrived in US: December 29, 2016

Married!!!!: February 11, 2017

Our AOS Process:

Filed: August 15, 2017

Signed for: August 20, 2017

NOA1: August 29, 2017

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Yay!! Thank you so much! ^_^ Yes it worked for me too! Looks like ours will get there tomorrow! WOOT ^__^ I'm so excited we're finally moving in the right direction, and so quickly too, but at the same time I'm a little sad because I guess this is the point where our petitions go their separate ways :-( Please please keep in touch and keep me/us updated on your continued progress! <3

Hey there - just an update. according to DHL it was signed for Friday night our time - saturday morning their time (embassy is open on saturdays in Kabul). But status on ceac site still says in Transit. Probably because it was just delivered and what not? What about you? any updates? so excited for us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

It s day 70 after NOA2 approval and we have no news other than:

Thank you for your inquiry. On September 26, 2016, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-129F to notify us that you believe your case is over normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

What We Have Done

This case was approved and notification was mailed to the address of record on August 1, 2016.

Once an initial petition has been approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, your case file is in the middle of transferring to the National Visa Center(NVC), which is an entity of the State Department. The State Department controls visa issuance. Once with the State Department, USCIS no longer has jurisdiction or access to the petition.

'your case file is in the middle of transferring to the National Visa Center(NVC)' - like i dont know right?

They didn't reply to senator yet and it's been a while he contacted them.

I wish they would tell us: yes we lost your case, let's rebuilt your case, or some valid answer, at lest to know what's going on

I don't know how to deal with severe emotional distress anymore, we asked to expedite due to huge financial loss, and all we got is extra delay.

So sick to deal with this inhuman machine that separating families for no other reason than being inefficient and incompetent.

I'm happy about everyone who already got their answers.

I guess is just me and Green Day user, who is stuck still

Edited by ninz

03/18/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

03/30/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

04/04/16....$340 check cashed

04/06/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC

04/08/16....NOA1 hardcopy received by post

04/11/16....called to USCIS inform about Name typo

04/27/16....Name typo updated

06/29/16....Got RFE

07/15/16....RFE was received by USCIS

08/01/16....NOA2 approved

WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS..CONTACTING USCIS SUPERVISER..CONTACTING SENATOR..

10/03/16....Case sent to NVC (THEY LOST OUR CASE AND STOLE 2.5 MONTHS OF OUR HAPPINESS. Only senator's involvement helped to sort it out.)

10/13/16....NVC assigned case number (after waiting more than average)

WAIT/CALLING TO NVC.. WAIT/CALLING TO NVC...WAIT/CALLING TO NVC...LOSING MY MIND AGAIN..

11/16/16....NVC status changed to IN TRANSIT. Yay!

11/20/16....US Embassy received file but never contacted me

11/26/16....packet 3 received by consulate (packet 3 instructions was never sent by embassy, I sent packet 3 regardless)

11/28/16....interview scheduled on 12/22/2016

12/22/16....CO refused to consider self-earned income and refused co-sponsor. Refused to take in consideration my own assets and property income and well established freelance business. Asked to show $100K++ on bank account while he knew that we have maybe only $70K cash. 

03/22/17....After several fights was interviewed in Paris. They kept my passport. Was told Administrative Processing won't take more than 2-3 weeks.

It s day 70 after NOA2 approval and we have no news other than:

'your case file is in the middle of transferring to the National Visa Center(NVC)' - like i dont know right?

They didn't reply to senator yet and it's been a while he contacted them.

I wish they would tell us: yes we lost your case, let's rebuilt your case, or some valid answer, at lest to know what's going on

I don't know how to deal with severe emotional distress anymore, we asked to expedite due to huge financial loss, and all we got is extra delay.

So sick to deal with this inhuman machine that separating families for no other reason than being inefficient and incompetent.

I'm happy about everyone who already got their answers.

I guess is just me and Green Day user, who is stuck still

Write to this email NVCResearch@state.gov

We did after 6 weeks transit and nvc chased USCIS for us!

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Timeline

Write to this email NVCResearch@state.gov

We did after 6 weeks transit and nvc chased USCIS for us!

we did it already and we did way more than that already

and it didnt help

06/29/16....Got RFE

WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS..CONTACTING USCIS SUPERVISER..CONTACTING SENATOR..

10/03/16....Case sent to NVC (THEY LOST OUR CASE AND STOLE 2.5 MONTHS OF OUR HAPPINESS. Only senator's involvement helped to sort it out.)

WAIT/CALLING TO NVC.. WAIT/CALLING TO NVC...WAIT/CALLING TO NVC...LOSING MY MIND AGAIN..

11/26/16....packet 3 received by consulate (packet 3 instructions was never sent by embassy, I sent packet 3 regardless)

12/22/16....CO refused to consider self-earned income and refused co-sponsor. Refused to take in consideration my own assets and property income and well established freelance business. Asked to show $100K++ on bank account while he knew that we have maybe only $70K cash. 

03/22/17....After several fights was interviewed in Paris. They kept my passport. Was told Administrative Processing won't take more than 2-3 weeks.

we did it already and we did way more than that already

and it didnt help

I'm sorry thought I was helping

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We're on day 21 since getting our NOA1. NVC still hasn't received our petition etc. Following this topic for moral support and also to stop me freaking out.

Even if reading this topic made me freak out about your struggles!!

I am in the same boat as you! Same approval date and everything! I am hoping our cases are together somewhere and we hear news soon!

Per some of the advice in this topic I called USCIS last Friday and got no information, including if it had been sent or not... so I did as the Tier 2 officer told me and put in an inquiry. Hopefully if they give me an update they will have one for your case at the same time... I assume they are in the same post at this point... here is hoping anyway!

I am glad to see that some of you guys are getting updates... I can't believe how absurd this nonsense is with the USCIS... honestly how hard is it to mail something from one state to the next.... this really should be digitized by now!! I got my mortgage all done through online and that was LOADS more paperwork than this was!!!

Ninz- Did you contact your Senator again? I know you said they haven't responded to him, but maybe if you get on his tail they will get more on their tails and get you an answer soon!

Edited by Kat&Jon

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Timeline

Senator told us today that our case was sent to NVC on October 3 (new date). 2nd tier officer could not tell us that (we called after october 3 almost every day).

I still can't believe, I hope it's true. I will not believe this until we will get NVC case number (because you never know with them).

Senator told us, that he understands why we are frustrated with messy USCIS because he experienced bunch of nonsenses with this current request and even before :rolleyes:

What a relief when you know at least what is happening.

So I would recommend again to use senator and congressman as soon as you can, in our case 2nd tier was useless.

06/29/16....Got RFE

OMG just to give you guys some hope?

Our petition was approved August 4, October 3 they send to NVC and October 12 NVC just confirmed received (69 days in limbo) - so now to wait the 2 weeks to get numbers etc :)

However, I found out that the batch that ours was done by, although we were approved August 4, that person put everything in a pile and didn't send anything to NVC until all of May 6 files were approved or rejected! I tell you it would have been kinder to not update us and let us think they were still working on it. I get that whoever was being fair to everyone's that arrived on that day BUT argh!!!!

Anyway onwards and upwards and thank you so much for your support - especially TeaCat - I was about to go mental over here!

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Timeline

Omg now I'm sure they found our case! Sent to NVC on October 3. NVC got it and they assigned a number today.

What about others?

06/29/16....Got RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.