Love_A_Brit

What causes delay between NOA2 and NVC case number?

179 posts in this topic

Farzram and Greg- have either of your cases been forwarded to your embassy yet? I'm bouncing around like crazy checking the CEAC site but it still says my petition is at the NVC :( Booo!!

Teacat, our wait time from the NVC to the London embassy was just over two weeks. I began to wonder if the paperwork had been dropped into the ocean. ;-)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

We got our case number assigned on Monday so I guess it's only been two days.. but it still feels like ages! :P Hopefully it will get moved soon by the end of the week, and yours too Farzram! Fingers crossed ^_^

Hey! Decided to randomly check again- says IN TRANSIT NOW. (Checked at 4:40pm est time) check the site maybe yours is too!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey! Decided to randomly check again- says IN TRANSIT NOW. (Checked at 4:40pm est time) check the site maybe yours is too!!!

WOOHOOO! YES omg ours is in transit too!! Our spiritual visa bond continues!! <3 Do you by any chance have the message "Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."? I thought we needed to send out some forms to get the interview date?

Timeline

WOOHOOO! YES omg ours is in transit too!! Our spiritual visa bond continues!! <3 Do you by any chance have the message "Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."? I thought we needed to send out some forms to get the interview date?

YAYYY❤️ we really are bonded in this journey hahah! YES mine says the SAME THING. But I think I once read somewhere that it just says that...to ignore it. We need to follow the embassy instructions etc (depending on the embassy). For me- the embassy contacts through email about interview and medical.

I've been trying the DHL trick but not sure if it's just not updated yet because it's too soon or I'm doing it wrong..... also, did NVC ever email you anything ? I only got a response on Monday from NVC research saying they received my petition and to way 5-6 weeks for visa processing instructions (bologna!!!)

Timeline

YAYYY❤️ we really are bonded in this journey hahah! YES mine says the SAME THING. But I think I once read somewhere that it just says that...to ignore it. We need to follow the embassy instructions etc (depending on the embassy). For me- the embassy contacts through email about interview and medical.

I've been trying the DHL trick but not sure if it's just not updated yet because it's too soon or I'm doing it wrong..... also, did NVC ever email you anything ? I only got a response on Monday from NVC research saying they received my petition and to way 5-6 weeks for visa processing instructions (bologna!!!)

<3 Ohhh dang okay. Oh well! I think London embassy still does all their stuff through the post but hopefully it won't take too long. :)

What's the DHL trick?! :o I did get an email from the NVC research goofballs on the day our petition got recieved: "The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry. We recently received your visa petition. We will send detailed instructions to the petitioner, principal applicant, and/or attorney of record soon." I am so glad we don't have to deal with them anymore, I have no idea whats going on at that office lol

Timeline

<3 Ohhh dang okay. Oh well! I think London embassy still does all their stuff through the post but hopefully it won't take too long. :)

What's the DHL trick?! :o I did get an email from the NVC research goofballs on the day our petition got recieved: "The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry. We recently received your visa petition. We will send detailed instructions to the petitioner, principal applicant, and/or attorney of record soon." I am so glad we don't have to deal with them anymore, I have no idea whats going on at that office lol

search up dhl trick on visa journey, apparently it helps you track down packages sent to country on what day....I'm not sure if I'm doing it right because even when I dont choose a specific country and switching up the dates its not working. i'm so confused because I heard this works lol. Let me know if you find the info and try it out and it works for you??? im just straight confused but then again thankful and happy we are both in transit and done with the NVC and USCIS nightmare. lets see how the embassies treat us

Timeline

HEY, so i finally got it to to work. Since we both are bonded in the visa journey put this in....

go to dhl.com and go to track by shipper's reference. put in EXP 03 OCT 2016A

Then - put in the date range, the first one 03 10 16 - 06 10 16

then select the location. it works! mine is apparently supposed to get there by end of the day monday october 10th! check it out and play around with it im sure you will be able to figure it out. excited for us!

Timeline

Yay!! Thank you so much! ^_^ Yes it worked for me too! Looks like ours will get there tomorrow! WOOT ^__^ I'm so excited we're finally moving in the right direction, and so quickly too, but at the same time I'm a little sad because I guess this is the point where our petitions go their separate ways :-( Please please keep in touch and keep me/us updated on your continued progress! <3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask when I should start taking the actions you have taken? I am on day 21 after approval with my case still not received by NVC and I know a couple of you said when it hits a full month it is not looking good, and I am only 9 days shy of that and I am trying not to panic.

According to my I-797 it says you can send an email after day 30 to put in an inquiry, but I just wanted to get my ducks in a row if I end up being in that same situation as you guys have unfortunately been in.

When should I contact my congressman if I don't get any news?

I am so glad that all of you have finally been able to move forward! I hope the rest of your journeys go much more smoothly!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Very happy to hear that you are moving in the right direction. I would give it 48 hours and then start calling NVC everyday. Generally, petitions are received in batches on Fridays and some are actually assigned case numbers the same day. Others take a few days. Remember, NVC is staffed until midnight M-F EST).

I called nvc and she said it can take 6 weeks to arrive? I said it's already been 9 weeks. She said no from when they said they've sent. My heart is just breaking

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask when I should start taking the actions you have taken? I am on day 21 after approval with my case still not received by NVC and I know a couple of you said when it hits a full month it is not looking good, and I am only 9 days shy of that and I am trying not to panic.

According to my I-797 it says you can send an email after day 30 to put in an inquiry, but I just wanted to get my ducks in a row if I end up being in that same situation as you guys have unfortunately been in.

When should I contact my congressman if I don't get any news?

I am so glad that all of you have finally been able to move forward! I hope the rest of your journeys go much more smoothly!

We sent the email enquiry at 6 weeks but we only heard back at 8 weeks that they were going to look into it - so send it the best is that they would have received it by the time you get the I'm looking into it email!

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
October 3 - USICIS sent to NVC
October 12 - NVC received (69 days in limbo)
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - call NVC to review DS-261 and get IV invoice unlocked
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Timeline

I would advise both of you to speak to the USCIS, ask to talk to a Tier II officer about your case, and ask them whether or not they ever sent your cases to the NVC. The NVC can only tell you so much, right now it's the USCIS you should try and get in touch with since they were the last people to have your petition.

I would advise both of you to speak to the USCIS, ask to talk to a Tier II officer about your case, and ask them whether or not they ever sent your cases to the NVC. The NVC can only tell you so much, right now it's the USCIS you should try and get in touch with since they were the last people to have your petition.

Unfortunately in our case tier 2 says it's been sent as per the latest update - so they told us to contact nvc - nvc says to contact USCIS

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Did they tell you what date it was sent on?

October 3

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.