zoomzoom1980

I751 Interviews ONLY

15 posts in this topic

I just wanted to start a new topic about if you received an interview, from where and how did it go ?

Any specific points you want to share with us.

Thanks.

May 3rd - Send to Lockbox Chicago

May 4th - Signed (Fedex Overnight)

May 12th - RFE (Send back because of incorrect fee)

May 14th - Send to Lockbox Chicago

May 15th - Signed

April 1st - Email notifications received (12:20am)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The interview was from the USCIS, it went well, piece of cake. Had tons of documentation, joint accounts, joint utilities, both on title to the house, 3 years taxes, etc. The CO had no idea idea why were interviewed (or so he told us). If you have your documentation and a legit marriage I would say you got nothing to worry about.

Any request to separate you guys apart and ask questions individually, or is it just like you guys were answering questions like where this photo is taken etc ?

Which month did you file ? year ?

And where did you file ? VSC ? CSC?

When was the time frame that you got the interview ? did you get it in 8 - 9 months or did you get an RFE first ?

I am asking these questions to help others that is reading the topic...

If anyone else can share their experience , It will help others as well.

May 15th - Signed

They would only seperate you if they suspect you of not being in a genuine relationship or they suspect fraud - it's called a stokes interview.

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Any request to separate you guys apart and ask questions individually, or is it just like you guys were answering questions like where this photo is taken etc ? We were interviewed together. Basic questions like the AOS interview. Asked us about our plans and he told us about his plans when he retires. Spent more time BSing than being actually interviewed. Only got halfway through our documents as he said we had a stellar package.

Which month did you file ? year ? See our timeline as I don't recall right now.

And where did you file ? VSC ? CSC? CSC

When was the time frame that you got the interview ? did you get it in 8 - 9 months or did you get an RFE first ? No RFE, got the interview pretty quickly I recall, see timeline.

I am asking these questions to help others that is reading the topic...

If anyone else can share their experience , It will help others as well.

As I mentioned before, if you have kept the proper documentation and have a real marriage, it's just another bump on the immigration road to citizenship.

My interview was on June 29th. The officer only asked me 5 questions and we were done. Mostly about my ex-wife and dates. I was told to wait for a decision in about 30 days. Surprisingly I put in a service request and the confirmation number ended with CSC instead of DAL which is my local office. My last request was made when the file was in Dallas and the confirmation number ended in DAL. When I made SRs before when the file was in CSC, the confirmation number ended with CSC. Not sure whether the file went back there.

Thank you for the input Macarena. Did you get your GC ? Or still waiting ?

When did you file it ? Did you get any RFE's ?

Thank you.

May 15th - Signed

I had an interview last wednesday. We also had an RFE in April so honestly didn't expect to get an interview as well.

It was a really simple and quick interview though, like 15 minutes.

We weren't separated, the IO asked us about our recent trip overseas and she took a couple of the pictures we had printed out.

Then she asked us how come we didn't have kids yet, and then she asked if we had any additional information or documentation we could give her. We gave her whatever extra information we printed out and at the end of the interview she said she would approve us that night.

Yesterday our uscis status changed to card in production so it took exactly a week. Hoping it arrives soon :)

Goodluck!

K1 visa

17/08/2012 - Filed for I-129f

22/08/2012 - NOA 1 for I-129f

29/03/2013 - NOA 2 for I-129f

08/04/2013 - Consulate received

17/04/2013 - Medical examination

21/05/2013 - Interview for K-1 (Approved)

25/05/2013 - Visa received

01/06/2013 - POE (San Francisco)

03/07/2013 - Married!

Adjustment of status

18/07/2013 - Filed for AOS, EAD, AP

25/07/2013 - NOA

19/08/2013 - Biometrics

08/10/2013 - Interview for AOS (Approved)

17/10/2013- Green Card received

Removing of Conditions

16/09/2015 - Filed for RoC

18/09/2015 - NOA

14/10/2015 - Biometrics

11/04/2016 - RFE

27/07/2016 - Interview

03/08/2016 - Approval!

10/08/2016 - 10 yr GC received

Citizenship

--/--/----

Thank you for the input Macarena. Did you get your GC ? Or still waiting ?

When did you file it ? Did you get any RFE's ?

Thank you.

No. I am still waiting. I put in a service request so we will see. It has been about 34 days now.

Macarena, you must be CSC ? I am sorry for the tough wait... When did you originally filed ? Did you get a RFE as well ?

Kenaura , RFE and an interview...smh... It must be tough... Are you guys CSC as well ? What was your timeline when you received RFE and interview ?

Good luck to us ALL!.

May 15th - Signed

I filed in January. No RFE. My interview letter said I had been randomly selected for an interview. Interviewer said they do that with about 5% of filers for quality control.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Then she asked us how come we didn't have kids yet,

Wow that's pretty nervy of her. I know that it is USCIS and that basically they can ask anything that they want but still...

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

spring333'

Where did you file ? Did you get any RFEs ?

Its sad that they randomly pick 5% and it happens to be the ones that waited the longest it seems like...

Especially, when you receive a RFE, I think you should not be interviewed, I mean what else do they wanna know...

Whats our account passwords ?

May 15th - Signed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.