4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello Dear friends,
First of all i wanted to thank you all for guiding me in all steps till now.

Today i called NVC and Finally they got our K-1 Approved case, and the representative gave me the Case Number.
she said we don't need to do anything further but when checking my visa status i am having this message.

What exactly should i do ?
what could these six steps be that we have to take ?

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
At NVC

Immigrant Visa Case Number:

Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) that list the six steps you must take before NVC can schedule your visa interview appointment. This includes submitting to NVC various fees, forms and documents. Once NVC has received all the required items, they will let you know if anything is missing or incomplete. You can also find these instructions online at http://nvc.state.gov (English) and http://nvc.state.gov/espanol (Spanish). You will find contact information for NVC at http://nvc.state.gov/ask.

post-230701-0-75026200-1470147840_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shahrooz

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Right now your case is at NVC - when they finally send it to your embassy it will say IN TRANSIT. When the embassy receives it , it will say READY. Depending on your embassy and how they do things- you will then be able to either schedule your medical and interview online or you wait and they email you packet 3 with an interview date (it varies from embassy to embassy how long they take to send you that email)

Btw- when did they say they exactly received your case? I'm still waiting 55 days for them to receive it and wasn't sure if I should call yet as it might be too early in the day? Did they say it came in today or an earlier date?

Good luck!

Since it is a k1 ignore the 6 steps they are talking about. That's usually for CR1 marriage visas if I'm correct. Just wait till it gets to the embassy and then start all your processing steps from there

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Right now your case is at NVC - when they finally send it to your embassy it will say IN TRANSIT. When the embassy receives it , it will say READY. Depending on your embassy and how they do things- you will then be able to either schedule your medical and interview online or you wait and they email you packet 3 with an interview date (it varies from embassy to embassy how long they take to send you that email)

Btw- when did they say they exactly received your case? I'm still waiting 55 days for them to receive it and wasn't sure if I should call yet as it might be too early in the day? Did they say it came in today or an earlier date?

Good luck!

Since it is a k1 ignore the 6 steps they are talking about. That's usually for CR1 marriage visas if I'm correct. Just wait till it gets to the embassy and then start all your processing steps from there

from the time my case approved till the NVC receive our case took like 32 days , Max is 6 weeks

make sure to call NVC today :)

• 2 years later...
Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hello Dear friends, 
First of all i wanted to thank you all for guiding me in all steps till now.

Today i called NVC and Finally they got our K-1 Approved case, and the representative gave me the Case Number.
she said we don't need to do anything further but when checking my visa status i am having this message.

What exactly should i do ?
what could these six steps be that we have to take ?

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
At NVC

Immigrant Visa Case Number:

Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) that list the six steps you must take before NVC can schedule your visa interview appointment. This includes submitting to NVC various fees, forms and documents. Once NVC has received all the required items, they will let you know if anything is missing or incomplete. You can also find these instructions online at http://nvc.state.gov (English) andhttp://nvc.state.gov/espanol (Spanish). You will find contact information for NVC at http://nvc.state.gov/ask.

Ive the same thing too like 3 to 4 months nw n we r like 2005 f4. Brother and sister of U. S CITIZENS.... I jus wonder how long more it will take

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.