summertime23

I-129f August 2016 Filers

2,153 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

We got an RFE today. I have mixed emotions because we hired a lawyer to submit everything so I don't know what could possibly be missing. BUT at least they finally looked at our case!

Time to fight with that lawyer. They ask money for it and get make you get RFE. What the heck???? We could do this, by our own. The reason I have lawyer is that I dont want RFE. It will take time and cost more money for me. I gotta run my business. I need to get this K1 done BEFORE March!!!!!

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

That is why we don't need a lawyer for immigration. all petition self explain..Lawyer cannot speed up process USCIS.

All they do is the same thing we did, send petition in and wait..LOL

Also, they charge thousands of dollars...for each petition

That is a waste of money...

I-129F sent August 6th 2016

NOA1 Received August 8th 2016

Approved October 11th 2016

Hard Copy NOA2 Received October 17th 2016

NVC Received October 25th 2016

NVC Case Assign October 26th 2016

Left NVC October 31st

Paid Visa Fees November 1st 2016

Embassy Received November 4th 2016

Packet 3 Received November 11th 2016

Medical December 12th 2016

Interview December 21st 2016

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Hopes being together by Christmas :):)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey August filers. I just have to lift my voice and praise God. Because not only did the hurricane Matthew turn from being a direct hit to my fiance's country of Jamaica but we were aproved today thirty days from our noa1. Its been a long five years since we met on oct 6 2011. And we took our time to get to this point just wanted to make sure that it is Gods will for us to be together and now I know and because of the storm i cant wven call him to let him know that we are on our way. I truly pray that the rest of you get aproved quickly from this point forward

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We recieved our RFE in the mail today, I'm thankful it was recieved very quickly, but I'm very annoyed about the content. They questioned how we fist met. i stated that we met on the internet and they wanted me to specifically state that we did not meet via an IMB. I sent my response immediately that we first met on the trip advisor travel forum. I'm really pissed off that this stupid IMB law has caused us a delay. Even though I stated we did not meet via an IMB in the i-129 they sent an RFE. Those of you hoping for an RFE just to know someone looked at your case should know this is a tactic that lazy workers use to get cases off thier desks. This will probably cost us a month delay even though I sent the responce the very next day. I just hope they actually finished thier review and this was the only question they had and will approve the petition when the recieve my responce.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

RJonline - I bet that's what ours is going to be about too. We met online and stated that but did not specifically say what website. :( hopefully our cases get through quickly now that that will be clear :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I got through and it's still not there. :/ NOA2 Sept 15

I GOT MY CASE NUMBER!!! you should call and see if they have yours now!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I met my fiance online too and stated which website, but didn't specifically state that it wasn't an IMBRA. should we be okay?

Also hoping for noa2 this week! Our noa1 was august 24

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

We received our NOA2 text/email at exactly 10:00 pm Eastern time last night!!! At this rate, hopefully we'll have our case number in time for my fiance's birthday which will be exactly two weeks from our NOA2. :dancing::dance:

NOA1: August 23rd

NOA2: October 3rd

Good luck to everyone waiting! This is our week! :thumbs:

K-1 Process: 

August 15th, 2016 - Form I-129f Petition sent to Dallas.

August 23rd, 2016 - NOA 1 received/re-routed to California Service Center.

October 3rd, 2016 - NOA 2 received.

November 2nd, 2016 - NVC received. 

December 8th, 2016 - Medical Exam

December 15th, 2016 - Interview (Approved)

Adjustment of Status:

January 19th, 2017 - POE (Detroit)

February 10th, 2017 - Received Social Security Card in Mail

March 4th, 2017 - Wedding!!!

May 9th, 2017 - AOS NOA 1.

May 26th, 2017 - RFE received and sent back same day. 

May 31st, 2017 - Biometrics.

June 1st, 2017 - RFE Response Received by USCIS.

June 7th, 2017 - EAD Expedite Requested.

June 15th, 2017 - EAD Online Case Status Change-New Card Being Produced. 
June 20th, 2017 - EAD Online Case Status Change-Card Was Mailed. 
June 22nd, 2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card received in mail. 
July 13th, 2017 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview.
August 18th, 2017 - Case Scheduled for Interview.
September 21st, 2017 - AOS Interview in Detroit-APPROVED!!! (Case Status Updated 6 hours After Interview-Didn't receive on spot approval). 
September 25th, 2017 - "Welcome to the United States" letter/Written confirmation of green card approval arrived in mail. 
September 26th, 2017 - Online status change to "My Card Was Mailed to Me."
September 29th, 2017 - Green Card Received! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I met my fiance online too and stated which website, but didn't specifically state that it wasn't an IMBRA. should we be okay?

Also hoping for noa2 this week! Our noa1 was august 24

As for me, i obly mentioned we met online, no specific details and not even a seperate letter statig how me met. I should filled a 3 lined statement.

No RFE ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Many sites don't consider them self's IMB's, but the USCIS does. If you pay any fee to join this can be a problem. My fiancée and I met on a trip advisor site which is a totally free website devoted to travel. But we still got an RFE. Beware this is a tactic that lazy workers use to move work off thier desk. My mistake was I was not very specific.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got approved last night! Only 33 days maybe because my fiancé is in military. I hope you all guys get approved soon too!

Congrats! My fiancé is in military too and I'm from Philippines but I'm still waiting.. Almost 2 months already :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.