Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline
On 5/18/2017 at 2:22 PM, N400fiasco said:

Repeat Biometrics: Had my biometrics done again today at Newark  after getting them done in Sep last year. Feel like I am at the back of the line again. Anyone else get a repeat biometrics? 

I had multiple notices for additional FP. I was told not to attend since they were already in the system and were valid.

The other say i git this message "

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time. We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on December 17, 2016."

That was the date of the last FP notice.

I dont know... This system sucks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
16 minutes ago, sepiu said:

I had multiple notices for additional FP. I was told not to attend since they were already in the system and were valid.

The other say i git this message "

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time. We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on December 17, 2016."

That was the date of the last FP notice.

I dont know... This system sucks!

who asked you not to go for the FP? I took an infopass and also called an L2 officer who both suggested that I should not miss the appointment.  The L2 officer said that their target is to schedule an interview date within 90 days of the biometrics and to call back if I dont get anything in 90 days. Damn thing will drag on for a year. I don't know who to believe anymore. BTW my online account doesn't reflect the new biometrics action.

N400 filed: Aug 16 2016

N400 approved: Oct 16 2017 (14 months!)

K1 for fiance filed: Oct 19 2017

Timeline
3 minutes ago, N400fiasco said:

who asked you not to go for the FP? I took an infopass and also called an L2 officer who both suggested that I should not miss the appointment.  The L2 officer said that their target is to schedule an interview date within 90 days of the biometrics and to call back if I dont get anything in 90 days. Damn thing will drag on for a year. I don't know who to believe anymore. BTW my online account doesn't reflect the new biometrics action.

An L2 officer did. I also got a letter stating my FP are valid and in the system, and the officer in the ifopass confirmed that.

I sent a request to the ombudsman and requested a new infopass

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 5/17/2017 at 5:20 PM, EastCoast_Guy said:

Hi Bill,

I am in exactly the same situation (April 5th interview, no oath notice). My officer said I should call if I don't get the notice by May 20th  (I never thought that this might be the case)

Nothing yet. Have you heard anything?

9 hours ago, Kamex009 said:

Tomorrow is the Oath Ceremony at the LA Convention Center, last step on a 12 year journey for myself, will report how things went.

Congrats! 

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I wanted to report to ya'll that as of today I have become a US Citizen !!! it took me 12 years from when I started the process to get sponsored by my job , then getting the GC and finally obtaining the Citizenship.

There were 4,459 people becoming citizens today, it was jammed packed with hundreds and hundreds of guests, the speeches, although good ones, took longer than I wanted, but that's the ceremonial part we all get to enjoy. I can confirm that there's still no video from our president nor a welcome letter in  the package we get from USCIS.

I have yet to sign my certificate and make all the copies and scans needed.  I'll be applying for the US Passport this week and hopefully get it before the 4th of July when I will celebrate my first Independence day as a US Citizen.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for interviews and oath ceremonies, the process sure does take longer now with the ELIS system but there's light at the end of the tunnel. 

58 minutes ago, Kamex009 said:

I wanted to report to ya'll that as of today I have become a US Citizen !!! it took me 12 years from when I started the process to get sponsored by my job , then getting the GC and finally obtaining the Citizenship.

There were 4,459 people becoming citizens today, it was jammed packed with hundreds and hundreds of guests, the speeches, although good ones, took longer than I wanted, but that's the ceremonial part we all get to enjoy. I can confirm that there's still no video from our president nor a welcome letter in  the package we get from USCIS.

I have yet to sign my certificate and make all the copies and scans needed.  I'll be applying for the US Passport this week and hopefully get it before the 4th of July when I will celebrate my first Independence day as a US Citizen.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for interviews and oath ceremonies, the process sure does take longer now with the ELIS system but there's light at the end of the tunnel. 

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your experience. Still no video with the president? His name wasn't mentioned once in mine and they had a president Obama quote. It's almost June! I wonder if he'll ever do a video for the new citizens. 

Hi!

I would like to ask how long the processing time of N400 after i've done the biometric since sept. 2 2016? I was filed on august 2016

but until now  i did'nt received any notice after biometric.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kamex009 said:

I was at ceremony as well, my immigration journey is over.  They allowed guests to sit in a separate area in same room, so that was a change, although still glad I didn't bring whole family; hours of waiting, lots of screaming children and no food allowed with heavy security. If you have your oath at LA Convention Center, don't bring food/water that is opened as you will have to throw it away.  Anyways good luck to the rest of you LA filers!

Timeline
16 hours ago, Lyn12 said:

Hi!

I would like to ask how long the processing time of N400 after i've done the biometric since sept. 2 2016? I was filed on august 2016

but until now  i did'nt received any notice after biometric.

Hi

I filed in Aug2016 as well and no real developments occurred yet

so disappointing...

Last week I submitted a request for help at the ombudsman office and yesterday with my senator. Next week I have a second infopass.

I don't know...

18 hours ago, ChristianZane said:

I was at ceremony as well, my immigration journey is over.  They allowed guests to sit in a separate area in same room, so that was a change, although still glad I didn't bring whole family; hours of waiting, lots of screaming children and no food allowed with heavy security. If you have your oath at LA Convention Center, don't bring food/water that is opened as you will have to throw it away.  Anyways good luck to the rest of you LA filers!

Congrats again! Your immigration journey is over! Yay! Hopefully, I'll get my oathtaking letter soon! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.