Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

while this is not a measurable update in terms of what can be put into the table, it is an official response to an inquiry I made on Monday in writing (still, just boiler plate). On Monday i sent an inquiry via secure email asking whether the weekend news (Rep. Goodlatte's inquiry) had any effect on my case and if they would be able to give me a status update, for example whether I am through the background check and so on; here is the answer I received:

"Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for interviews at their local Field Office. Interview appointments are scheduled as slots become available at the Field Office. [...]"

Based on the language used (and yes it is a standard response) I am "in line for an interview" -- so great news :)

That is the same stock answer I got two weeks ago when I asked about my being scheduled for an interview for over a month and never receiving anything in the mail. I don't think they can really divulge any real news via the website.

Elizabeth and Ryan's K1 Journey

-07/20/04 Sending away I-129f to TSC
-11/18/04 APPROVED IN MONTREAL (122 days since start)
-12/8/04 POE Buffalo Peace Bridge (easy, but long line to wait)

-12/13/04 Married!!

*** APRIL 26th 2005 APPROVED CF-1 ***
05/02/05 PR card received in mail -- 9 month process from start to finish

-8/25/16 - N-400 process started

-04/26/17 - Oath Ceremony at Jacksonville USCIS office

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

That is the same stock answer I got two weeks ago when I asked about my being scheduled for an interview for over a month and never receiving anything in the mail. I don't think they can really divulge any real news via the website.

I agree on the stock answer, but considering that IOE doesn't get "in line" notifications anymore, the stock response: "has been entered into the system ..." indicates that a step has been taken and that it's moving along, and as scheduling is up to the field office, I would assume that the person copying and pasting does not know when this actually will be (and to be honest, I am not sure if an L2 would be able to really tell you either -- idk)

Timeline

Interview pdf has been posted in my account. It is on Jan 11. Time to study.

congratulations!!!!!

regarding studying: in my haste a few month ago, I started studying and downloaded an app (NOT MULTIPLE CHOICE) for the phone, it has been helpful and fun (we played civics test at thanksgiving with the family)

Interview pdf has been posted in my account. It is on Jan 11. Time to study.

That's great news!!!

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1
10/04/12 - NoA2 (210 days)

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1
08/15/13 - NoA2 (199 days)

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

11/02/15 - NoA2 (164 days)

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

03/16/17 - Oath Ceremony (217 days)

US citizen

Total time start to finish: 5 years, 12 days (1,838 days)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

congratz! :dancing: what is your PriorityDate and Field Office?

Thanks. Priority date is 08 Aug 2016 and field office - Baltimore. We are moving August filers. Hope everyone gets their interview scheduled soon.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Had an Infopass appointment. I got the interview appointment has been scheduled notice but no letter. The officer was friendly, patient and informative. She said they have being seeing a lot of that and it has to do with the new ELIS system. The system is glitchy and they are working through the kinks. She also mentioned they are now doing fewer interviews because of the newer system - about 6-7 per day by an officer compared to the 12 or so they did with the old system. I did ask her if she knew which priority dates they are now interviewing and she mentioned early June.

I did ask her about the Goodlatte letter. She said that interviews are not being held up and are proceeding. She added that anyone that has been approved are just being verified to ensure they have gone through the check but that in no way has halted the process.

I have surgery scheduled and she gave me information on how best to expedite the process.

Edited by ACubed

Timeline

Had an Infopass appointment. I got the interview appointment has been scheduled notice but no letter. The officer was friendly, patient and informative. She said they have being seeing a lot of that and it has to do with the new ELIS system. The system is glitchy and they are working through the kinks. She also mentioned they are now doing fewer interviews because of the newer system - about 6-7 per day by an officer compared to the 12 or so they did with the old system. I did ask her if she knew which priority dates they are now interviewing and she mentioned early June.

I did ask her about the Goodlatte letter. She said that interviews are not being held up and are proceeding. She added that anyone that has been approved are just being verified to ensure they have gone through the check but that in no way has halted the process.

I have surgery scheduled and she gave me information on how best to expedite the process.

Thank you for this! and good luck with your surgery!

Filed: Timeline

I just found in my USCIS account - the uploaded letter saying that I have to go local USCIS office to do fingerprint on Dec 22. I had done since Aug 31. Do I need to bring that letter and go to USCIS or should I call them that I had done it. Kindly advise. My receipt number is IOE... . Omaha Field office.

Timeline

I just found in my USCIS account - the uploaded letter saying that I have to go local USCIS office to do fingerprint on Dec 22. I had done since Aug 31. Do I need to bring that letter and go to USCIS or should I call them that I had done it. Kindly advise. My receipt number is IOE... . Omaha Field office.

If i were you, I would try to call them, but i would definitely prepare to go and have fingerprinting re-done. It seems like this is happening to several people right now (see June and July filer forums).

I hope that it's not too long of a journey to get there, again!

If i were you, I would try to call them, but i would definitely prepare to go and have fingerprinting re-done. It seems like this is happening to several people right now (see June and July filer forums).

I hope that it's not too long of a journey to get there, again!

Thank you so much for your advice. I will try to call tomorrow and will update here. Will also go for fingerprint re-done and should I inform them the same time that I had done on Aug 31 ? Will it help?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys,

Last week I sent a secured message and received the response "Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for interviews at their local Field Office I decided to call the NBC to find out if I’m in line but they the pretty much gave me the same response. I tried calling back last Friday to speak with an L2 but was told that there were very busy and wasn’t taking any calls until after 5pm.
I called back today around 2:30pm and had to request an automatic call back which I received at 5:31pm and the rep informed me that my case was still at the NBC. I informed her that this was not what I was told last week including the secured message response I received which she read while reviewing my account. She claimed that the background check may not have been completed but as soon as it’s done, the NBC generally send it off immediately to the local. At this point, I became a little irate about the delay so she then offered to send a request for the NBC to send it off to my local office. I am now confused because how can she say in one breath that the NBC generally send it off when they are finish but all of a sudden she can send a request to the NBC asking them to send my application packet to the local office with makes no sense. She claimed that they will respond within 2 weeks. I asked her about the 5-month timeline and she told me that they are working on May 2016 and that my application is within the 6-9 month timeline. She explained to me that the 5-month is calculated from the time the local office receive my file. She preceded to tell me that the reason why there is a delay is due to the election and a lot of people filed their N-400 around the same time I filed. I honestly don’t think she knew what she is talking about. She didn’t sound confident throughout the conversation and I also I had a difficulty understanding her when she talked due to her thick Hispanic accent.
I’m not sure what to make of this but do you think I should call back and speak with another L2 or just schedule an INFOPASS appointment. What are your thoughts?

Timeline

Hey guys,

Last week I sent a secured message and received the response "Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for interviews at their local Field Office I decided to call the NBC to find out if I’m in line but they the pretty much gave me the same response. I tried calling back last Friday to speak with an L2 but was told that there were very busy and wasn’t taking any calls until after 5pm.
I called back today around 2:30pm and had to request an automatic call back which I received at 5:31pm and the rep informed me that my case was still at the NBC. I informed her that this was not what I was told last week including the secured message response I received which she read while reviewing my account. She claimed that the background check may not have been completed but as soon as it’s done, the NBC generally send it off immediately to the local. At this point, I became a little irate about the delay so she then offered to send a request for the NBC to send it off to my local office. I am now confused because how can she say in one breath that the NBC generally send it off when they are finish but all of a sudden she can send a request to the NBC asking them to send my application packet to the local office with makes no sense. She claimed that they will respond within 2 weeks. I asked her about the 5-month timeline and she told me that they are working on May 2016 and that my application is within the 6-9 month timeline. She explained to me that the 5-month is calculated from the time the local office receive my file. She preceded to tell me that the reason why there is a delay is due to the election and a lot of people filed their N-400 around the same time I filed. I honestly don’t think she knew what she is talking about. She didn’t sound confident throughout the conversation and I also I had a difficulty understanding her when she talked due to her thick Hispanic accent.
I’m not sure what to make of this but do you think I should call back and speak with another L2 or just schedule an INFOPASS appointment. What are your thoughts?

Thank you for this! It is a bit scary and concerning that we get so many differing answers. I am not sure what I'd do next, but I THINK Infopass would be the next "step" -- just because you have a real person in front of you and it's at the field office, so they should know if they have your application or not -- that's my 2 cents.

Thank you so much for your advice. I will try to call tomorrow and will update here. Will also go for fingerprint re-done and should I inform them the same time that I had done on Aug 31 ? Will it help?

I just talked to officer and he told me to go local office and do the finger print again. He told me to bring both first letter for finger print and second one to local office. Hope my file is moving soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.