Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, N400/Houston/Aug said:

Hi Guys, 

My Journey is about to be over.

I am done my interview on july 31st. Was more than easy. Just remember the officer has all your file in front of him. Do not lie be honest and tell the truth and youwill be fine. 

Decision can't be made. In the same day got a notification online that I've been approved. Then today got my oath letter In houston Aug 23rd. 

I am so happy. It was long wait. It took 1 year and 1 month to get it done. God bless America. I am happy and wish you all best of luck.

Fyi my filung date Aug 1st 2016

Congratulations! It is over a year to get this process done. 

N-400 Naturalization Journey SAN FRANCISCO FIELD OFFICE

Total processing time from last successful submission to Oath Ceremony: 253 days (8 months and 11 days)

Spoiler

02/26/2012: Arrived SF airport. 

11/28/2016: Eligible for early-filling.

Day 00 - 12/23/2016: Sent N-400 + I-942 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox via USPS.

Day 03 - 12/26/2016: N-400 application marked delivered.

Day 25 - 01/17/2017: Sent email to support regards to application.

Day 26 - 01/18/2017: N-400 rejected because incorrect payment amount.

Day 32 - 01/24/2017: N-400 + I-942 resent.

Day 34 - 01/26/2017: N-400 application marked delivered.

Day 49 - 02/10/2017: N-400 rejected again because incorrect payment amount.

Day 52 - 02/13/2017: Email form USCIS support responded package was rejected in error (!?) for the first and second time submissions, they requested 3rd resubmission + tracking number in order to apply my earliest priority date. 

Day 52 - 02/13/2017: N-400 + I-942 resent on the same day, also sent a response to Lockbox to provide information to USCIS.

Day 54 (Day 0) - 02/15/2017: N-400 application marked delivered.

Day 62 (Day 8) - 02/23/2017: E-notification, E-mail from USCIS, E-mail from Support announced Resubmission was accepted.

Day 66 (Day 12)- 02/27/2017: Notice of Acceptance as Fees Waiver Approval received. (All fees were waived instead of reduced by half as supposed by filing form I-942)

Day 69 (Day 15) - 03/02/2017: Online Status Update: Fingerprint Appointment was scheduled. 

Day 70  (Day 16) - 03/03/2017: Fingerprint Appointment Letter received. Biometric will be on 3/15/17. 

Day 70  (Day 16) - 03/03/2017: Early Walked-In for Biometric at 3:45 PM.

Day 87 (Day 33) - 03/20/2017: Online Status Update: Case was placed in line for interview. 

Day 234 (Day 180) - 08/14/2017: Online Status Update: Interview has been scheduled.

Day 239 (Day 185) - 08/19/2017: Interview Letter received.

Day 269 (Day 215) - 09/18/2017: Interview 2:30 PM at USCIS SF Field Office. Recommended For Approval. 

Day 280 (Day 226) - 09/29/2017: Oath Ceremony Letter received. N400 is approved.

Day 291 (Day 237) - 10/10/2017: Last Online Status Update: Oath Letter was mailed. Too late!

Day 307 (Day 253) - 10/26/2017: Oath Ceremony in Oakland, CA. Citizenship granted.

Day 307 (Day 253) - 10/26/2017: Passport applied.

Day 321 (Day 267) - 11/09/2017: Passport Booklet received. 

Day 321 (Day 267) - 11/09/2017: Naturalization Certificate received. Journey done.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, N400/Houston/Aug said:

Hi Guys, 

My Journey is about to be over.

I am done my interview on july 31st. Was more than easy. Just remember the officer has all your file in front of him. Do not lie be honest and tell the truth and youwill be fine. 

Decision can't be made. In the same day got a notification online that I've been approved. Then today got my oath letter In houston Aug 23rd. 

I am so happy. It was long wait. It took 1 year and 1 month to get it done. God bless America. I am happy and wish you all best of luck.

Fyi my filung date Aug 1st 2016

Congratulations!!! I am also a Houston Aug Filer and my interview was last week. I got notifications yesterday said that the Oath letter was mailed. Are you be able to see the PDF now?

32 minutes ago, Kaylee said:

Congratulations!!! I am also a Houston Aug Filer and my interview was last week. I got notifications yesterday said that the Oath letter was mailed. Are you be able to see the PDF now?

Thanks. No pdf. But fyi Houston only holds the ceremony on 23rd of each month 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
2 minutes ago, N400/Houston/Aug said:

Thanks. No pdf. But fyi Houston only holds the ceremony on 23rd of each month 

Yes the pdf still don't show on my account. Hope we can attend the ceremony this month ;)))

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
32 minutes ago, tiase777 said:

Add me to August filer sent online 08/08/2017

Hi tiase777,

you are in the wrong thread: we are 2016 filers, and most of us have had their oath ceremony (a few unlucky ones are still waiting) -- but to track your progress, you want to search for August 2017 :)

Good luck on your journey!

ECG

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, EastCoast_Guy said:

Hi tiase777,

you are in the wrong thread: we are 2016 filers, and most of us have had their oath ceremony (a few unlucky ones are still waiting) -- but to track your progress, you want to search for August 2017 :)

Good luck on your journey!

ECG

Oh I'm sorry 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iceland
Timeline
On 8/1/2017 at 10:57 PM, ChristianZane said:

They will send a letter within 10 business days to the address they have on file for you, it will tell you where and when to go for interview and what documents to bring.

I am afraid I will not see a letter within 10 business days, this notification has been there for months.  I did ask the Fargo IO questions and he as nice enough to reply with a letter.  Then, back in May 9 2017, they were "processing" application from May 9, 2016, so exactly a year backlog. Can anyone tell me what "processing" means, with regards to actual interview notice/date?  

Thanks,

Emil

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just got the update from ELIS that my wife's ceremony has been scheduled. There's a ceremony on August 25th and September 15th, so I'm going to guess it's on the 25th of this month.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Hi,
I am new to VJ
First of all I would like to congratulate to all those who acquired their us citizenship & wish good luck for those who are waiting like me.
I am a August 2016 filer from Georgia, more details below
PD: 08-15-16
FP: 09-01-16
No movement till now.
called IO, had SR & Infopass, even contact local congressional rep, but seems still stuck in background check...
Any suggestions ??

BTW i'm from India, no involvement in any illegal issues

Thanks for viewing my post and any suggestion would be appreciated

I filed 8/1/16. I had my interview last July 31, 2017. Got an RFE right after my interview. They needed my tax returns. Submitted it Sept 2, then got approved sept 4. Now I received my Oath ceremony notice. Oath taking on Aug 23 at 7Am, in Houston Texas. Finally, journey will be over soon.

On 8/11/2017 at 8:25 PM, 5unny` said:
Hi,
I am new to VJ
First of all I would like to congratulate to all those who acquired their us citizenship & wish good luck for those who are waiting like me.
I am a August 2016 filer from Georgia, more details below
PD: 08-15-16
FP: 09-01-16
No movement till now.
called IO, had SR & Infopass, even contact local congressional rep, but seems still stuck in background check...
Any suggestions ??

BTW i'm from India, no involvement in any illegal issues

Thanks for viewing my post and any suggestion would be appreciated

Only option is wait.

You can contact Ombudsman to see , if they can help , because your case is outside of normal processing window.

Is it IOE case ?

Timeline
4 hours ago, txaim said:

Yes its IOE, & I did contact Obudsman as well

Only option is wait.

You can contact Ombudsman to see , if they can help , because your case is outside of normal processing window.

Is it IOE case ?

Timeline
10 hours ago, Barbie2017 said:

I filed 8/1/16. I had my interview last July 31, 2017. Got an RFE right after my interview. They needed my tax returns. Submitted it Sept 2, then got approved sept 4. Now I received my Oath ceremony notice. Oath taking on Aug 23 at 7Am, in Houston Texas. Finally, journey will be over soon.

Congratulations.

btw what is the category of your N-400 application?

just curious about RFE after interview & request for tax returns

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.