Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iceland
Timeline
On 8/23/2017 at 11:13 AM, ladytech said:

August 2016 filer here, PD Aug 19, 2016. Sent two mails to my congressman, did InfoPass before, filed a case online. All saying I am on the queue for interview but that has been months ago! My case status still shows biometric schedule sent December 2016 but that was the second. I had my first done September 2016, had to go to the field office to verify if I still need to do another one. Staff there said no need, they even stamp the second biometric schedule with not needed, biometrics already on file. Now my congressman sent and inquiry to the National Benefits Center to inquire what is happening to my case. I received a mail from USCIS last week saying the same thing and that if I do not receive a notice from them in 90 days, to call their customer service number. what good would that do when the agents answering those phones are not even immigration agents but call center agents? They will just be reading from a script. USCIS has screwed my application so bad! and YES mine is IOE. My son is turning 18 on November so I will lose the option of him turning citizen automatically when I become one! That would mean filing another application for him and of course, paying the fee. Very disappointed and frustrated.....

Oh and by the way, Baltimore Field Office says they do not have my case file with them. When I went for my InfoPass, the agent said if she had my paper at that time she could have interviewed me right there and then, this is in contradiction to what the Customer Service hotline saying that my papers has been forwarded to my field office. 

So Infopass and letters from to my congressman would probably be a waste of time then for me?  I am in the same boat as you, PD August 26, 2016, and IOE case, nothing happening.

Thanks,

Emil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, ARDallas said:

Congrats on the interview!!!!! The waiting is never fun! But I am sure at the end it will all be worth it.

Sorry I have a question. Has your status moved to "interview scheduled, USCIS will mail you the interview notice before?" If yes, how long did you wait until you actually got the letter?

yes, the status moved to Interview Scheduled about a month before the interview date.  I was able to download the notice about a day after I got the text and received the paper notice in the mail about 4 or 5 days after that.  After the interview it still says the same status.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

PD 08/18/2016

Office: Charlotte, NC

Had my interview on March 15 — "decision cannot be made" 

After 130 days with no updates after the interview I was preparing to file a 1447(b) petition. 

Miraculously, USCIS scheduled my oath before I had to take legal action & I took the oath yesterday on August 24. 

Very relieved to be done with my immigration journey. 

It took me 370 days to get naturalized.

RTX11BDdd.jpg.870bd070838a77b89320859ded25d8e3.jpg

Amazing helpful people on this forum, thank you and I wish you all the best!

Cheers!

Paul

Timeline
On 8/23/2017 at 10:08 PM, TXBrazil said:

Had my interview this morning in Dallas (PD 8/15/16).  Passed the English and civics portion, went through all the yes/no questions but at the end got a piece of paper that says "A decision cannot be made yet about your application".  The interviewer did say that she didn't see any issues, but it's frustrating to start waiting again.  My spouse saw other people go in and come out of their interviews in 15 mins saying they got approved (assuming they were naturalization interviews b/c they went in solo), but I was in for 35 mins.  For some reason, my current employment wasn't in the computer system, even though I listed it on the application, so maybe that is the issue, but not sure what that means.

Anyone else go through this?

So today, exactly one week after my interview in Dallas, case status on the general uscis.gov website was updated to "Case Was Submitted For Quality Review Based On An Approval Recommendation".  When I signed on to my ELIS account, though, it says "Oath Ceremony Scheduled", but the letter with the date of the oath ceremony isn't available yet (based on my research, the next oath ceremony in Dallas is Sept 21).  I'm hoping that the ELIS status that I've been scheduled for an oath ceremony is the correct one, but either way it's a step in the right direction from what I received at the interview last week (No decision can be made...), so I'm thrilled.   I was so disappointed after getting that letter at the interview, so this was a welcome update.  

I'm hoping all the other folks in Dallas and other slow offices see some movement soon.  It's been a tough process of over 1 year, but having the support and info from this blog has been a tremendous help.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

More than a year and some of us still waiting. Must feel horrible. I finally have my interview scheduled for Sep 26. With my luck, not likely to become citizen that day, but lets hope!  All this while my (now pregnant) fiance is patiently awaiting overseas so I can file her fiance visa when I become citizen. I have taken 8 trips overseas (never exceeding 10 days) since my N400 was filed. Any idea how much this is is likely to complicate adjudication on the spot at my interview?

PS: For those waiting,  I did contact my congresswoman and I did think it helped push the local field office (mt laurel, NJ) to request my file from the NBC, so don't give up on this avenue of followup. 

N400 filed: Aug 16 2016

N400 approved: Oct 16 2017 (14 months!)

K1 for fiance filed: Oct 19 2017

On 8/23/2017 at 5:17 PM, ARDallas said:

Dallas Filers,

My status has changed to USCIS has scheduled your interview appointment and will mail you the appointment notice. See my timeline in my signature...

I notice lots of people got that status here but then waited for months before seeing anything. Has it happened to you or anyone you know that filed in Dallas? I dont want to get my hopes up since Dallas processing time averages a year.

Thanks!

My status in the USCIS site still shows Appointment for Biometrics scheduled (since Sept 2016).  The ELIS website says Appointment has been scheduled, but that status has been there since at least January with no update.  When I contacted them for information, they sent an automated message saying that the case has not been reviewed since Sept 2016 and I had to keep waiting.  Then I got a letter saying they had forwarded it to Dallas Field office for review but havent heard from them.  I have an Infopass appt scheduled tomorrow.  We will see what they say

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 8/25/2017 at 2:21 PM, paul_pope said:

PD 08/18/2016

Office: Charlotte, NC

Had my interview on March 15 — "decision cannot be made" 

After 130 days with no updates after the interview I was preparing to file a 1447(b) petition. 

Miraculously, USCIS scheduled my oath before I had to take legal action & I took the oath yesterday on August 24. 

Very relieved to be done with my immigration journey. 

It took me 370 days to get naturalized.

RTX11BDdd.jpg.870bd070838a77b89320859ded25d8e3.jpg

Amazing helpful people on this forum, thank you and I wish you all the best!

Cheers!

Paul

Such a great picture!

N-400 Naturalization Journey SAN FRANCISCO FIELD OFFICE

Total processing time from last successful submission to Oath Ceremony: 253 days (8 months and 11 days)

Spoiler

02/26/2012: Arrived SF airport. 

11/28/2016: Eligible for early-filling.

Day 00 - 12/23/2016: Sent N-400 + I-942 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox via USPS.

Day 03 - 12/26/2016: N-400 application marked delivered.

Day 25 - 01/17/2017: Sent email to support regards to application.

Day 26 - 01/18/2017: N-400 rejected because incorrect payment amount.

Day 32 - 01/24/2017: N-400 + I-942 resent.

Day 34 - 01/26/2017: N-400 application marked delivered.

Day 49 - 02/10/2017: N-400 rejected again because incorrect payment amount.

Day 52 - 02/13/2017: Email form USCIS support responded package was rejected in error (!?) for the first and second time submissions, they requested 3rd resubmission + tracking number in order to apply my earliest priority date. 

Day 52 - 02/13/2017: N-400 + I-942 resent on the same day, also sent a response to Lockbox to provide information to USCIS.

Day 54 (Day 0) - 02/15/2017: N-400 application marked delivered.

Day 62 (Day 8) - 02/23/2017: E-notification, E-mail from USCIS, E-mail from Support announced Resubmission was accepted.

Day 66 (Day 12)- 02/27/2017: Notice of Acceptance as Fees Waiver Approval received. (All fees were waived instead of reduced by half as supposed by filing form I-942)

Day 69 (Day 15) - 03/02/2017: Online Status Update: Fingerprint Appointment was scheduled. 

Day 70  (Day 16) - 03/03/2017: Fingerprint Appointment Letter received. Biometric will be on 3/15/17. 

Day 70  (Day 16) - 03/03/2017: Early Walked-In for Biometric at 3:45 PM.

Day 87 (Day 33) - 03/20/2017: Online Status Update: Case was placed in line for interview. 

Day 234 (Day 180) - 08/14/2017: Online Status Update: Interview has been scheduled.

Day 239 (Day 185) - 08/19/2017: Interview Letter received.

Day 269 (Day 215) - 09/18/2017: Interview 2:30 PM at USCIS SF Field Office. Recommended For Approval. 

Day 280 (Day 226) - 09/29/2017: Oath Ceremony Letter received. N400 is approved.

Day 291 (Day 237) - 10/10/2017: Last Online Status Update: Oath Letter was mailed. Too late!

Day 307 (Day 253) - 10/26/2017: Oath Ceremony in Oakland, CA. Citizenship granted.

Day 307 (Day 253) - 10/26/2017: Passport applied.

Day 321 (Day 267) - 11/09/2017: Passport Booklet received. 

Day 321 (Day 267) - 11/09/2017: Naturalization Certificate received. Journey done.

20 hours ago, alexmz78 said:

My status in the USCIS site still shows Appointment for Biometrics scheduled (since Sept 2016).  The ELIS website says Appointment has been scheduled, but that status has been there since at least January with no update.  When I contacted them for information, they sent an automated message saying that the case has not been reviewed since Sept 2016 and I had to keep waiting.  Then I got a letter saying they had forwarded it to Dallas Field office for review but havent heard from them.  I have an Infopass appt scheduled tomorrow.  We will see what they say

You are not alone, my status says the same thing, biometric scheduled Dec 2016 (2nd one) my ELIS account says Interview scheduled. I don't know if my papers landed in the black hole and got lost ... 

Timeline
2 hours ago, ladytech said:

You are not alone, my status says the same thing, biometric scheduled Dec 2016 (2nd one) my ELIS account says Interview scheduled. I don't know if my papers landed in the black hole and got lost ... 

I have the exact same story.  Starting to think that cases at the tail end of their computer system period (they shut it down end of August) are the ones that ended in a black hole.  I can't even get an infopass meeting, no appointments available.  Please keep us post how your infopass goes.

Thanks,

Emil

Timeline
23 hours ago, alexmz78 said:

I have the exact same story.  Starting to think that cases at the tail end of their computer system period (they shut it down end of August) are the ones that ended in a black hole.  I can't even get an infopass meeting, no appointments available.  Please keep us post how your infopass goes.

Thanks,

Emil

Timeline

My oath letter showed up on ELIS today (9/12 oath ceremony).  Filling in the final dates of my timeline below.  Fingers crossed for those few of the August '16 filers still waiting.

UserName......|GC-Date|Sent.|Cashd.|NOA.|Fprints.|In Line..|Int ltr.....|Intrview.|Oath.....|Field Office.....|NBC/IOE
TXBrazil..........|10/28/13|08/09|08/16|08/15|09/06/16|--/--/--.|7/19/17|8/23/17.|9/12/17.|Dallas, TX.......|IOE

Timeline
On 9/1/2017 at 0:56 PM, ladytech said:

Did you try contacting your congressman? I am in the same situation and finally have my interview on Sep 26. I think contacting my congresswoman helped me as they had the field office request the file from the NBC where it had been stuck. I took Infopass appointments, but they were all pretty useless. It was more helpful calling the L2 support guys to get (still limited) insight. 

32 minutes ago, N400fiasco said:

Did you try contacting your congressman? I am in the same situation and finally have my interview on Sep 26. I think contacting my congresswoman helped me as they had the field office request the file from the NBC where it had been stuck. I took Infopass appointments, but they were all pretty useless. It was more helpful calling the L2 support guys to get (still limited) insight. 

I did but my congressman was given the run around by Field Office and NBC. They were pointing at each other, FO saying they cannot schedule until they get the file, NBC saying they do not schedule appointment and that FO should schedule me first then they will send the file to FO. So I am going for another InfoPass next week after to show to FO the letters I got from my congressman and see what they say. 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, ladytech said:

I did but my congressman was given the run around by Field Office and NBC. They were pointing at each other, FO saying they cannot schedule until they get the file, NBC saying they do not schedule appointment and that FO should schedule me first then they will send the file to FO. So I am going for another InfoPass next week after to show to FO the letters I got from my congressman and see what they say. 

This is exactly the runaround I got as well. I finally pleaded with my congressman that this is affecting me personally (my fiance is pregnant overseas and I am waiting for citizenship to bring her in) . They finally sent a formal letter to the FO and the FO responded that they will order file from NBC and schedule me ASAP. Whether it was just the process taking its course normally or if it was the congresswoman's pressure I will never know, but I would say keep in touch with congressional aide and keep pleading your case. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.