Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Hi guys I filed my n400 on August 2nd 2016.

I received my appointment for biometrics on 8/25/2016 which was scheduled for 9/12/2016.

On 3/26/2017 I received my interview notice which was on 5/4/2017.

I wasn't approved on the spot but soon after recommended for approval. 

On 5/15 I was scheduled for my oath ceremony which was on 7/5/2017.

Edit: I should have mentioned that I had a name change done too. Also I have since then received my passport book & card (was processed within two weeks) and updated my SSN with my new name and status. 

Edited by Frage

11 hours ago, alexmz78 said:

Dallas filer here.  Filed August 26, 2016. Biometrics Sept 2016.  Status still on "biometrics appointment scheduled"

On 8/16/2017 at 1:43 AM, rana300 said:

Hi Everyone,

Did any of the Dallas Filers receive an Oath Letter yet?

Hi there,

Dallas filers here. I don't know if this is related but I filed online on July 26 2017. I had my bio on Aug 15, 2017. Since I filed online on USCIS website, it gave me an estimated processing time 19 months from now! Estimated waiting time to interview is 18 months. I know they are slow but 2 years seems excessive.:blink:

Just thought I will add some info to the mix that yes we may be waiting for a long time. Can you guys keep me updated if you receive any case updates from USCIS?

Thanks!

Conditional GC expired : 10/18/16

I751 journey - CSC

09/12/16 : package received

10/11/16: Biometrics

07/28/17: I551 stamp on passport expired 07/27/18

10/25/17: Combined interview N 400 and I 751. I751 approved on the spot. Read the I 751 interview Here.

N400 journey : Dallas Field Office

07/26/17 : applied online, got NOA online, CC charged

07/28/17 : biometrics scheduled online

08/01/17: NOA received on the mail

08/02/17 : biometrics online PDF posted

08/05/17 : biometrics letter received on the mail

08/15/17 : biometrics done

08/19/17 : Online MYUSCIS and ELLIS posted interview scheduled and will mail interview letter

09/20/17: received text messages and emails that interview has been scheduled

09/22/17: Interview PDF posted online on MYUSCIS

09/27/17: Interview Letter received on the mail

10/25/17: Interview Date...Passed the test and case recommended for approval . Read the N400 and I 751 interview here.

10/25/17: In line for Oath Scheduling

10/27/17: Online MYUSCIS and ELLIS posted oath ceremony scheduled

10/30/17: Oath ceremony PDF posted online for 11/20/17

11/20/17: I am a citizen of The United States of America!!!:D

1 hour ago, ARDallas said:

Hi there,

Dallas filers here. I don't know if this is related but I filed online on July 26 2017. I had my bio on Aug 15, 2017. Since I filed online on USCIS website, it gave me an estimated processing time 19 months from now! Estimated waiting time to interview is 18 months. I know they are slow but 2 years seems excessive.:blink:

Just thought I will add some info to the mix that yes we may be waiting for a long time. Can you guys keep me updated if you receive any case updates from USCIS?

Thanks!

So you just had your biometrics 2 days ago?  I never got an estimated wait time but it would not surprise me since it has been almost 12 months for me.  However, I seem to recall someone else from Dallas who had their interview scheduled.   

I noticed last night that the whole layout of the ELIS website changed.  In the new layout, it says that the last time they looked at my application was September 15, 2006.  I have no idea what is going on

49 minutes ago, alexmz78 said:

So you just had your biometrics 2 days ago?  I never got an estimated wait time but it would not surprise me since it has been almost 12 months for me.  However, I seem to recall someone else from Dallas who had their interview scheduled.   

I noticed last night that the whole layout of the ELIS website changed.  In the new layout, it says that the last time they looked at my application was September 15, 2006.  I have no idea what is going on

Yes, I filed about 3 weeks ago. Within 6 days, they posted my biometrics notice online for 2 weeks later. It went so fast up until then hahaha...

Which layout? I used this link to log in to my online account : https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

I751 journey - CSC

10/25/17: Combined interview N 400 and I 751. I751 approved on the spot. Read the I 751 interview Here.

08/19/17 : Online MYUSCIS and ELLIS posted interview scheduled and will mail interview letter

10/25/17: Interview Date...Passed the test and case recommended for approval . Read the N400 and I 751 interview here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

16 hours ago, Avi30 said:

Does spouse needed in n400 interview?

no, my wife didn't come with me and no problems / no questions asked

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, alexmz78 said:

I'm a Dallas IOE filer (8/15/16 priority date) and have my interview next Wed (8/23), so hopefully you other Dallas filers will get scheduled soon.  

On 8/14/2017 at 6:08 PM, 5unny` said:

Congratulations.

btw what is the category of your N-400 application?

just curious about RFE after interview & request for tax returns

N400 through marriage. 

August 2016 filer here, PD Aug 19, 2016. Sent two mails to my congressman, did InfoPass before, filed a case online. All saying I am on the queue for interview but that has been months ago! My case status still shows biometric schedule sent December 2016 but that was the second. I had my first done September 2016, had to go to the field office to verify if I still need to do another one. Staff there said no need, they even stamp the second biometric schedule with not needed, biometrics already on file. Now my congressman sent and inquiry to the National Benefits Center to inquire what is happening to my case. I received a mail from USCIS last week saying the same thing and that if I do not receive a notice from them in 90 days, to call their customer service number. what good would that do when the agents answering those phones are not even immigration agents but call center agents? They will just be reading from a script. USCIS has screwed my application so bad! and YES mine is IOE. My son is turning 18 on November so I will lose the option of him turning citizen automatically when I become one! That would mean filing another application for him and of course, paying the fee. Very disappointed and frustrated.....

Oh and by the way, Baltimore Field Office says they do not have my case file with them. When I went for my InfoPass, the agent said if she had my paper at that time she could have interviewed me right there and then, this is in contradiction to what the Customer Service hotline saying that my papers has been forwarded to my field office. 

Edited by ladytech

On 8/16/2017 at 1:43 AM, rana300 said:

Hi Everyone,

Did any of the Dallas Filers receive an Oath Letter yet?

On 8/17/2017 at 0:02 PM, alexmz78 said:

On 8/18/2017 at 7:28 AM, TXBrazil said:

I'm a Dallas IOE filer (8/15/16 priority date) and have my interview next Wed (8/23), so hopefully you other Dallas filers will get scheduled soon.  

Dallas Filers,

My status has changed to USCIS has scheduled your interview appointment and will mail you the appointment notice. See my timeline in my signature...

I notice lots of people got that status here but then waited for months before seeing anything. Has it happened to you or anyone you know that filed in Dallas? I dont want to get my hopes up since Dallas processing time averages a year.

Thanks!

I751 journey - CSC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Had my interview this morning in Dallas (PD 8/15/16).  Passed the English and civics portion, went through all the yes/no questions but at the end got a piece of paper that says "A decision cannot be made yet about your application".  The interviewer did say that she didn't see any issues, but it's frustrating to start waiting again.  My spouse saw other people go in and come out of their interviews in 15 mins saying they got approved (assuming they were naturalization interviews b/c they went in solo), but I was in for 35 mins.  For some reason, my current employment wasn't in the computer system, even though I listed it on the application, so maybe that is the issue, but not sure what that means.

Anyone else go through this?

10 hours ago, TXBrazil said:

Had my interview this morning in Dallas (PD 8/15/16).  Passed the English and civics portion, went through all the yes/no questions but at the end got a piece of paper that says "A decision cannot be made yet about your application".  The interviewer did say that she didn't see any issues, but it's frustrating to start waiting again.  My spouse saw other people go in and come out of their interviews in 15 mins saying they got approved (assuming they were naturalization interviews b/c they went in solo), but I was in for 35 mins.  For some reason, my current employment wasn't in the computer system, even though I listed it on the application, so maybe that is the issue, but not sure what that means.

Anyone else go through this?

Congrats on the interview!!!!! The waiting is never fun! But I am sure at the end it will all be worth it.

Sorry I have a question. Has your status moved to "interview scheduled, USCIS will mail you the interview notice before?" If yes, how long did you wait until you actually got the letter?

I751 journey - CSC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.