Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, ss24 said:

@bkthandri - I got the same notification the day before my oath ceremony so I called the USCIS and talk to Tier 2 and he mentioned to me that they run the background checking until the day before of Oath Ceremony and this is for the background check run they did on my case. I think that's what it is for you guys too but you can always call USCIS and talk to Tier 2 to clarify the email you had received.

ss24

Thanks for clarifying. At this point, I don't care what the status of my application is. I am done calling the incompetent and arrogant folks at USCIS.

If it moves, it moves. Me and my wife were discussing it would have been far better value if we had upgraded our TV to a nice OLED set instead of this farce of N400 application process. I had applied for my green card myself through EB-1 and that was much faster than N400!

Oh well, thanks for your post.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
9 hours ago, bkthandri said:

No. But I got this strange e-mail (looks like automated?)  for both me and my wife :

"

There are no updates at this time

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time. We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on April 14, 2017.

"

I am traveling last week of July till mid August, so I hope this goes on longer. April 14 was my interview date. Status says "Oath ceremony will be scheduled" in both ELIS and egov website.

This whole process is driving me crazy. I really don't understand why is it taking long to be scheduled for the oath especially for IOE case holder.

Here is a December filer who had his interview today and got scheduled for the oath right away.

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 7.40.45 PM.png

Edited by Luaytm
spilling

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 6/21/2017 at 11:58 AM, Lane O said:

I had my oathtaking yesterday, it was held in Pasadena Convention Center!  Finally! There is no booth there to apply for a passport, so we have to go the post office.

Goodluck to all who still waiting for interview or oathtaking schedule. :)

Congratulations!

Timeline
On 6/23/2017 at 7:44 PM, Luaytm said:

This whole process is driving me crazy. I really don't understand why is it taking long to be scheduled for the oath especially for IOE case holder.

Here is a December filer who had his interview today and got scheduled for the oath right away.

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 7.40.45 PM.png

Luatym

I think the case you are quoting here (trackit) is a spouse of military personnel. They do get faster processing as they are a different category.

I think our cases, which were paper applications converted to online "IOE" applications (from Apr - August 2016) have been one of the biggest screw-ups by USCIS, though they refuse to accept it. The main theory is that only few officers in any field office knew how to operate the ELIS system. On top of it, background checks to FBI were done with incomplete names, as part of the names were cut in the process, so they repeated the background checks for many IOE applicants - this is like - whaaat?  If that is the case, why even roll out a new system - right? Well, count on USCIS to deliver this crazy experiment.

I think San Antonio is one of the slowest FO, though Houston, Dallas and St Paul, Minnesota have been even slower according to posters here.

I don't think calling USCIS or even filing a service request helps, so I have stopped doing that (see my post above, 3 posts above this one).

I know it is frustrating, but I suggest you stop worrying about it as nothing can be done with the incompetent bureaucracy at USCIS. We should just let it take it's course

and we should eventually be scheduled for oath.

We personally missed the deadline by a couple of weeks, as I know for sure that by first week of Sep, all paper applications were processed as "NBC" and they stopped IOE. We are among the last batch of IOE (our luck, right?). My friend who applied in Sep 1st week got his citizenship in Feb (he is in Austin and processed by San Antonio FO through NBC).

I think December cases are getting the oath this week (6/29 in Austin). It is totally unfair, but looks like we have to wait it out.

Timeline

Alright guys, glimmer of hope in my account. PD august 14 2016.FO Mount Laurel, NJ.  After several letters to congressman, calls to L2s and a repeat Biometrics appt in May, I logged into my account and it says "interview Scheduled" . No text/email notification was sent about the update and also the interview PDF is missing. I have hope (what other choice do I have) . 

N400 filed: Aug 16 2016

N400 approved: Oct 16 2017 (14 months!)

K1 for fiance filed: Oct 19 2017

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi guys I just checked my case online after 86 days passed my interview with pending approval because of my open greencard and says last update was on 6/22/2017 can someone tell me what it means 

Timeline

I am now an American! :dance:

I had my Oath taking today. What an emotional roller-coaster. I had tears in my eyes the entire ceremony. Funnily enough I met an old colleague from a previous job, small world eh? 

Now to start the Voter Reg, Passport process as well as update my Social Security Record and I have an additional step of Renouncing my Citizen with India and getting an Overseas Citizen of India Card (kind of like an Indian Green Card)

But I am going to take a short break from the paperwork and enjoy my 4th of July Holiday! (L) Thank you all for your support and kindness, for those of you waiting - you are nearly there! Do not despair! 

PHUNKYVIDA....|05/30/13|08/20|08/16|08/25|09/15/16|09/19/16.|04/27/17.|06/05/17.|06/30/17.|Oakland Park, FL.|NBC

Met in University in Switzerland 02/10/2010

Got Married 11/09/2012

Conditional Permanent Residence (CR6):
Forms Received at USCIS Location: 02/4/2013
Form I-797C NoA Received: 02/11/2013
Biometrics Appointment: 03/01/2013
RFE: 03/20/2013
Received EAD & Advanced Parole Card in the mail 05/02/2013

Received Interview Appointment Letter: 05/02/2013
Interviewed & Approved on the spot: 05/30/2013

Received Green Card (CR6) in the Mail on 06/11/2013

(127 Days)

Removal of Conditions (IR6):

Form I-751 & Supporting Documents sent to USCIS VT via USPS: 03/09/2015

Form I-751 & Biometric Payment ($590) Processed: 03/17/2015

Form I-751 NoA Received: 03/19/2015

Form I-797C NoA Received: 04/02/2015

Biometrics Appointment: 04/16/2015

Form I-751 Approved: 11/06/2015

Received Green Card (IR6): 11/13/2015

(249 Days)

Naturalization (N-400):

Form N-400 & Supporting Documents sent to USCIS TX via USPS: 08/20/2016

Forms Received at USCIS Location: 08/22/2016

Official USCIS Acceptance Confirmation: 08/24/2016

Form Fee & Biometric Payment ($680) Processed: 08/24/2016

Form I-751 NoA Received: 08/31/2016

Form I-797C NoA Received:09/02/2016

Biometrics Appointment: 09/15/2016

In-Line for Interview: 09/19/2016

"Interview was scheduled" e-notification: 04/27/2017

Interview letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS: 04/28/2017
Interview letter was Delivered: 05/01/2017
Interview Date: 06/05/2017
Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony (N-445): 06/07/2017
Oath Ceremony: 06/30/2017
(310 Days)
US Passport (DS-11):
Applied at County Courthouse: 03/24/2019
Cheque Cashed/Trackable: 03/26/2019
Passport Received: 04/13/2019
Passport Card Received: 04/15/2019
Naturalization Certificate Returned:04/16/2019
(23 Days)

2 hours ago, phunkyvida said:

I had my Oath taking today. What an emotional roller-coaster. I had tears in my eyes the entire ceremony. Funnily enough I met an old colleague from a previous job, small world eh? 

Now to start the Voter Reg, Passport process as well as update my Social Security Record and I have an additional step of Renouncing my Citizen with India and getting an Overseas Citizen of India Card (kind of like an Indian Green Card)

But I am going to take a short break from the paperwork and enjoy my 4th of July Holiday! (L) Thank you all for your support and kindness, for those of you waiting - you are nearly there! Do not despair! 

PHUNKYVIDA....|05/30/13|08/20|08/16|08/25|09/15/16|09/19/16.|04/27/17.|06/05/17.|06/30/17.|Oakland Park, FL.|NBC

Súper!! Contrats.... I got an email yestarday .. my interview has been scheduled !! :)  

Timeline
17 hours ago, phunkyvida said:

Congrats. I had mine yesterday as well. It was emotional and a little bit of relief that the process is done. I have been beating myself up for delaying the filing after having lived here 20 some years. They had voter registration right outside and I registered. The SSN office was just a few blocks away and I updated that as well. Stopped at the DMV on my way back and it took just half hr. It was quite funny as a few that were in the ceremony were all doing the SSN, DMV circuit as well.

Monday I have an appointment at the passport agency as I am traveling in 4 weeks.

Timeline
ACUBED .......|04/10/07|08/18|08/22|08/25|09/02/16|--/--/--.|02/01/17.|03/24/17.|06/30/17.|Norfolk, VA......|IOE

Had my oath ceremony yesterday. Many that I had seen at the interview in Norfolk were taking the oath with me. It was about 35 people.

happy and relieved that I am done. Off to the passport agency on Monday as I am traveling at the end of the month. Keeping my fingers crossed for the expedited passport.

The SSN was just a few blocks away and I got that updated. Also went to the DMV as I went through a name change.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the encouragement. 

Edited by ACubed

Timeline

Anyone else on this thread still waiting for their interview to be scheduled? Or am I the only one? I had an Infopass appointment yesterday and the lady tells me my wait it typical. What a joke!

N400 filed: Aug 16 2016

N400 approved: Oct 16 2017 (14 months!)

K1 for fiance filed: Oct 19 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

My wife is still waiting as an August 16 filer.  We did not even bother with an Infopass for her as we know that St. Paul is slower than molasses in January.  We are thinking we will get an interview in August or September.

On 7/7/2017 at 11:13 AM, N400fiasco said:

Anyone else on this thread still waiting for their interview to be scheduled? Or am I the only one? I had an Infopass appointment yesterday and the lady tells me my wait it typical. What a joke!

I am still waiting as well. Dallas field office seems to be really slow. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
On 6/26/2017 at 2:54 PM, bkthandri said:

Luatym

I think the case you are quoting here (trackit) is a spouse of military personnel. They do get faster processing as they are a different category.

I think our cases, which were paper applications converted to online "IOE" applications (from Apr - August 2016) have been one of the biggest screw-ups by USCIS, though they refuse to accept it. The main theory is that only few officers in any field office knew how to operate the ELIS system. On top of it, background checks to FBI were done with incomplete names, as part of the names were cut in the process, so they repeated the background checks for many IOE applicants - this is like - whaaat?  If that is the case, why even roll out a new system - right? Well, count on USCIS to deliver this crazy experiment.

I think San Antonio is one of the slowest FO, though Houston, Dallas and St Paul, Minnesota have been even slower according to posters here.

I don't think calling USCIS or even filing a service request helps, so I have stopped doing that (see my post above, 3 posts above this one).

I know it is frustrating, but I suggest you stop worrying about it as nothing can be done with the incompetent bureaucracy at USCIS. We should just let it take it's course

We personally missed the deadline by a couple of weeks, as I know for sure that by first week of Sep, all paper applications were processed as "NBC" and they stopped IOE. We are among the last batch of IOE (our luck, right?). My friend who applied in Sep 1st week got his citizenship in Feb (he is in Austin and processed by San Antonio FO through NBC).

I think December cases are getting the oath this week (6/29 in Austin). It is totally unfair, but looks like we have to wait it out.

I got an update today that "oath ceremony notice was mailed"

i checked my account online, still no pdf. 

Timeline
On 6/26/2017 at 3:54 PM, bkthandri said:

Luatym

Mine was an IOE. I was in the same boat as you. It took the several moths just to schedule an interview and then the oath ceremony. You can reach out to your state Congressman or  even the Ombudsman for USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.