Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, ACubed said:

Fantastic, that's my oath date as well. 

At 8 am

Congratulations and best of luck! Exciting times, isn't it?

Met in University in Switzerland 02/10/2010

Got Married 11/09/2012

Conditional Permanent Residence (CR6):
Forms Received at USCIS Location: 02/4/2013
Form I-797C NoA Received: 02/11/2013
Biometrics Appointment: 03/01/2013
RFE: 03/20/2013
Received EAD & Advanced Parole Card in the mail 05/02/2013

Received Interview Appointment Letter: 05/02/2013
Interviewed & Approved on the spot: 05/30/2013

Received Green Card (CR6) in the Mail on 06/11/2013

(127 Days)

Removal of Conditions (IR6):

Form I-751 & Supporting Documents sent to USCIS VT via USPS: 03/09/2015

Form I-751 & Biometric Payment ($590) Processed: 03/17/2015

Form I-751 NoA Received: 03/19/2015

Form I-797C NoA Received: 04/02/2015

Biometrics Appointment: 04/16/2015

Form I-751 Approved: 11/06/2015

Received Green Card (IR6): 11/13/2015

(249 Days)

Naturalization (N-400):

Form N-400 & Supporting Documents sent to USCIS TX via USPS: 08/20/2016

Forms Received at USCIS Location: 08/22/2016

Official USCIS Acceptance Confirmation: 08/24/2016

Form Fee & Biometric Payment ($680) Processed: 08/24/2016

Form I-751 NoA Received: 08/31/2016

Form I-797C NoA Received:09/02/2016

Biometrics Appointment: 09/15/2016

In-Line for Interview: 09/19/2016

"Interview was scheduled" e-notification: 04/27/2017

Interview letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS: 04/28/2017
Interview letter was Delivered: 05/01/2017
Interview Date: 06/05/2017
Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony (N-445): 06/07/2017
Oath Ceremony: 06/30/2017
(310 Days)
US Passport (DS-11):
Applied at County Courthouse: 03/24/2019
Cheque Cashed/Trackable: 03/26/2019
Passport Received: 04/13/2019
Passport Card Received: 04/15/2019
Naturalization Certificate Returned:04/16/2019
(23 Days)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
11 minutes ago, phunkyvida said:

Congratulations and best of luck! Exciting times, isn't it?

Thank you and you as well. I know. I have been living here almost 20 years and not sure why I waited until now to apply. I am glad it is now out of the way. I have been really tired of the process.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well , yesterday I received the Passport Card, this being the last piece of mail I was waiting for since the passport booklet and the naturalization certificate came back during the week.

Tomorrow I'll be going to the Social Security office to make the name change and process the new card, then in a couple of weeks I'll be going to the DMV to change the name on the Driving License and hopefully this will conclude my whole Visa Journey ( pun intended ) .... it just took me 12 years.... any how.

Good luck to the ones that will get their oath ceremonies soon!

Filed: Timeline
On 6/16/2017 at 1:38 AM, Kamex009 said:

Hello everyone, seems I haven't been in this forum forever.... anyhow , I just wanted to inform you that I received my passport today!!!

It took 3 weeks and it was normal processing,  so far I only got the book passport,  I should be getting the passport card in a separate mailing as well as my Naturalization Certificate.

Next steps are to update SS Card and when that is done the Driving License

Do you have to go to SS after getting your Citizenship? 

HI All Dallas August filers,

Anybody has gotten an interview notice? I noticed that all July'16 filers have gotten interview and all September and October filers have already received interview notices, too.

I have August 12th priority date and have not heard anything after Biometrics in September. I have called and visited USCIS many times, but have been asked to wait.

Thanks,

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
3 hours ago, N-400delaydelay said:

Anybody has gotten an interview notice? I noticed that all July'16 filers have gotten interview and all September and October filers have already received interview notices, too.

I have August 12th priority date and have not heard anything after Biometrics in September. I have called and visited USCIS many times, but have been asked to wait.

Thanks,

Dallas FO is 10 months, you should have heard by June 12, since it's only the 20th just wait a few more weeks.

9 hours ago, kobiams said:

They advise you to go to SS within 30 days of receiving naturalization for a name change.

9 hours ago, kobiams said:

They advise you to go to SS within 30 days of receiving naturalization for a name change.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
11 hours ago, N-400delaydelay said:

Thanks,

Hello, I am with 19 Sept. PD. I received interview notice on May 4 with June 8 interview. Few days later, I got another notice saying my interview is canceled and to wait for new notice. So... not every September filer got their interviews. I called my attorney and she told me that now they have interviews with July and August filers. She also mentioned that they had more officers now, working in naturalization cases. It should get better. Hope you will receive your notice any day now. Dallas FO is moving very slow and the processing time increases every month. 

18 minutes ago, Vicky358 said:

Hello, I am with 19 Sept. PD. I received interview notice on May 4 with June 8 interview. Few days later, I got another notice saying my interview is canceled and to wait for new notice. So... not every September filer got their interviews. I called my attorney and she told me that now they have interviews with July and August filers. She also mentioned that they had more officers now, working in naturalization cases. It should get better. Hope you will receive your notice any day now. Dallas FO is moving very slow and the processing time increases every month. 

This is bizzare  that they would just cancel interview after scheduling it. Sorry to hear that. I have seen few others from September filers finished their interview.

Last week, I was able to submit a online case inquire for outside normal processing time. I got an answer in an hour that my case is in line for interview and I should just wait. When I tried to submit same inquire again yesterday, the system says that I am within their processing time.

8 hours ago, ChristianZane said:

Dallas FO is 10 months, you should have heard by June 12, since it's only the 20th just wait a few more weeks.

I see that it make sense to have 10 months wait because they were processing June 30th case as of April 30th. But I have seen person with priority date 08/03/16 getting interview letter on 04/24/17 on the other forum, that would be much shorter.

I had my oathtaking yesterday, it was held in Pasadena Convention Center!  Finally! There is no booth there to apply for a passport, so we have to go the post office.

Goodluck to all who still waiting for interview or oathtaking schedule. :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lane O said:

I had my oathtaking yesterday, it was held in Pasadena Convention Center!  Finally! There is no booth there to apply for a passport, so we have to go the post office.

Goodluck to all who still waiting for interview or oathtaking schedule. :)

Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
On 6/13/2017 at 4:28 PM, bkthandri said:

Hearing about all these same day oath ceremonies and San Antonio hasn't even scheduled us after 2 months of interview which was approved - this is ridiculous..

Yes, I think we are in for a long wait. If we get oath ceremonies in Austin, the next one is on 9/27 (3 months later). There is one oath ceremony each in San Antonio

during July and August. Since it is already mid-June, we are looking at July 27th or later for oath ceremony. I am going to be out of country by end of July, so might be

more delay for me. I just can't wait for this to be over.

(info from Western District of Texas )

The next three ceremonies in Austin are:

June 17th @ Bob Bullock Museum

June 29th @ Delco Center

September 27th @ Delco Center

The next three ceremonies in San Antonio are:

June 22nd @ Institute of Texan Cultures

July 27th @ Institute of Texan Cultures

Aug 24th Edgewood High School

Have you been scheduled for oath? 

I am still waiting... 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
14 hours ago, Luaytm said:

Have you been scheduled for oath? 

I am still waiting... 

No. But I got this strange e-mail (looks like automated?)  for both me and my wife :

"

There are no updates at this time

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time. We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on April 14, 2017.

"

I am traveling last week of July till mid August, so I hope this goes on longer. April 14 was my interview date. Status says "Oath ceremony will be scheduled" in both ELIS and egov website.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 6/17/2017 at 3:12 PM, N400/Houston/Aug said:

Hi Houston August filers, 

The processing time has change to be july 4th. We are getting closer to get our turn. Please guys share more experience and hang tight. Our turn is coming :);)

Hi, I am also a Houston filer. My PD is 8/5/2016. I haven't heard anything from them after my FP done.  I checked my status message it saids "USCIS has scheduled your interview appointment and will mail you the appointment notice." I called them yesterday and they told me that they have not scheduled my interview yet. It's a little confusing to me. I hope we can get our interview letter soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

@bkthandri - I got the same notification the day before my oath ceremony so I called the USCIS and talk to Tier 2 and he mentioned to me that they run the background checking until the day before of Oath Ceremony and this is for the background check run they did on my case. I think that's what it is for you guys too but you can always call USCIS and talk to Tier 2 to clarify the email you had received.

Edited by ss24

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.