dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2016

717 posts in this topic

Hi,

Does anyone know if you will get 3 na's on a CR2 that is joined with a CR1? CR1 already completed and changed to 3 na's. I'm checking several times a day on the CR2's to see if it changes. Just wondering if I am looking for something that is not going to change?

Thanks

06/28/15 Married in Costa Rica

11/25/15 sent 3 I-130's

12/01/15 3 NOA1's

04/14/16 3 I-130's approved

04/19/16 NVC received 3 cases

04/28/16 Received DS-261/AOS bill

04/28/16 Received IV-Bill's

04/28/16 Pay AOS Bill (1 fee)

04/28/16 Pay IV Bill (3 fees)

05/17/16 Submit 3 DS-261's

06/07/16 Send AOS Package

06/07/16 Send 3 IV packages

06/14/16 NVC scan date 3 cases

07/15/16 CC for CR-1(was told on phone case complete and waiting for 2-CR-2 cases)

07/18/16 Checklist for 2 CR-2's (missing I-864 for both children)('correction' agent failed to send individual I-864 for each applicant, sent 3 copies of I-864 for wife)

07/19/16 Send response to checklist via FedEx (two I-864's for two CR-2's )

07/21/16 2nd scan date, NVC received checklists responses

07/27/16 Sent expedite email request to NVC. Request children's cases to join Wife's completed case.

08/11/16 Email from NVC; US Embassy, San Jose is willing to expedite, 3 cases/ waiting for review of checklists

09/02/16 call to NVC, 6 weeks point, now waiting for supervisor review

09/22/16 CC for both CR-2 cases (took 2 months to review)

09/27/16 3 expedited visa statuses changed to "in transit"

10/04/16 3 cases at embassy status changed to "ready", waiting for interview instructions

10/05/16 Received instructions email from embassy, without interview date

10/07/16 Wife and kids went to medical (Walk-in). Completed X-ray, Urine, Blood. Scheduled physical for 10/12/16

10/12/16 Wife and Kids completed physical and received sealed medicals.

10/19/16 Interview request email sent to embassy

10/26/16 Embassy provided interview date

11/03/16 Interview - APPROVED ALL 3!!

11/14/16 Picked up passports with visas?

12/01/16 Entry at Atlanta?

10/16/18 I-751 Mailed to California

10/19/18 I-751 Delivered

11/05/18 I-751 Check posted to account(no text or email, account says Phoenix on transaction)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone, what should i do? file I-130 for my 17 yrs old stepdaughter on the 03-17-2016 noa1 received hardcopy on the 03-29-2016 got noa2 on the 07-19-2016 and case sent to nvc on the 08-02-2016. what now to expect? and thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone, what should i do? file I-130 for my 17 yrs old stepdaughter on the 03-17-2016 noa1 received hardcopy on the 03-29-2016 got noa2 on the 07-19-2016 and case sent to nvc on the 08-02-2016. what now to expect? and thanks.

NVC Process - US Immigration Wiki - VisaJourney

Thought I'd call NVC today to see if I have a case number yet. Knew it would be too early but couldn't resist.

I'm going to call again on Monday.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

After submitting AOS and IV packet i swear this is the longest month ever !!!!! its only been two weeks since our scan date but feels like years :P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My case was complete at the NVC today. Does anybody know how long (on average) it takes to schedule an interview? I will be having mine at the US Embassy in London.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks MrsBurgz, also when they do they police certificate who do they address it to? is it the NVC or the U.S Embassy Kingston Jamaica?

I've called the NVC to request a status, some reps tell me the marriage certificate is missing, other say it is in file. It has been 40 days since my scan date and one month since i filled the ds260.

Should I resend the marriage certificate? Or is this something normal?

did you get a checklist?

Thanks MrsBurgz, also when they do they police certificate who do they address it to? is it the NVC or the U.S Embassy Kingston Jamaica?

some checklists are country specific and others are general and you send them to NVC.

Like for my case, I do not need a police report at the embassy or at the NVC as they both told me. however for passport pics, the NVC doesnt need it but the embassy will. So yea it depends. why not call the NVC and find out.

So I have a question on the side: does anyone here knows how many people applied for CR1 visa got a checklist after submitting their documents the first time around?

I have a feeling that NVC has a tendency to loose some documents for each case no matter what, I also think that those who live in states or those who have been married for more than 2 years don't usually get checklists unlike those of us who are newly married and applying right away. Just my theory...

Soooo frustrated! I sent both packages together on July 20th along with cover sheets, cover letters summarizing what's enclosed and guess what i got - a checklist. According to them I have not submitted an affidavit of support form, beneficiary's passport and birth cirtificate (copies, of course). I asked the lady which affidavit of support they are missing - mine or the one filled out by my joint sponsor. She said she doesn't even see I have a joint sponsor. I am 10000% sure I have sent all the documents in one folder in the right order with the case number written on top of every single page. Please advise what shall i do. I really don't want to wait another 2 weeks gathering documents from my joint sponsor again....

I don't know if you read the first page to this thread, there is a link to someone's experience and advice on NVC process. Since you mentioned there are documents missing even though you included them. Call NVC and speak to them. This link might help on how to approach this: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/520888-nvc-filers-november-2014/page-37#entry7335479

So to keep that post short and helpful, call and ask the rep to speak to a supervisor to look at your file carefully because you sent everything. Be polite and patient. I saw other entries where people confirmed that speaking to supervisor can help. I am wondering if that case is still true today. Can someone please confirm this?

Edited by rooji

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

National Visa Center. That's what was on my husband's police certificate.

Just a side note:The passport photos are not required. The guide list it there but not required for nvc only for the embassy.

Edited by MrsBurgz

I did get a check list for the DS261 after I filed it a week later.

I called and they asked me to ignore it.

You always get the initial checklist with the welcome letter and you get the same one after ds 261, which is the same. but did you get a checklist after submitting everything, even after ds 260 and AOS and IV packages were submitted? If yes, then what did that checklist say?

If you haven't filed anything yet and have not filled out ds 260 or sent your packages then you have to follow what the welcome letter states.

Edited by rooji

Hi there! Hope you could help me here. We already sent our AOS and IV PACKET TO NVC and just got a scan date. My husband sent me the copies he had sent NVC, I just received it now. While checking his Federal income tax return and w2s, and the I-864EZ that wwas filled up I noticed something wrong. I just saw that the amount he entered for the total income for his 3 year tax returnS in I-864EZ is different from what is written in his fed tax return total income, he used the gross pay in his w2 line 1 in the I-864EZ instead of the total income in the fed tax return. To top it off, for the recent fed tax return 1040A was used, and the last 2 years 1040 form was used, was it correct for us to use the I-864EZ form? Will this give us a checklist? I really feel bad right now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.