dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2016

717 posts in this topic

Usually it goes to paid in 2 to 3 business days. Hope you sent your AOS and IV package to NVC. Once your IV fee goes to paid your DS-260 form will get unlocked.

I didn't know that I was supposed to send the documents before I fill out the application. Should i?

I needed a confirmation, I think someone did answer this for me before but I forgot. I am sending just the tax transcripts and not the 1040 or W2, should I mark the 1040 and W2 as unavailable or not applicable in this case?

Also I have a cover letter that I created with all the documents, should I put that on top of the document cover letter or after it? Also I am using a co-sponsor, should I put all of mine and his documents in the order they asked for, for example put my i-864 and his i-864A and then both our tax transcripts and so on, or should I do separate order of his and my documents, such as my i-864 then my tax transcripts and so on and then begin with his? Or it doesn't matter?

I think I am thinking too hard on this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Quick question, I sent my documents on the 17th of June, and were supposedly scanned on the 21st. I submitted the DS260 on July 1st.

Should I be concerned? It has been more than 40 days since my docs were scanned.

I would definitely call NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I didn't know that I was supposed to send the documents before I fill out the application. Should i?

I needed a confirmation, I think someone did answer this for me before but I forgot. I am sending just the tax transcripts and not the 1040 or W2, should I mark the 1040 and W2 as unavailable or not applicable in this case?

Also I have a cover letter that I created with all the documents, should I put that on top of the document cover letter or after it? Also I am using a co-sponsor, should I put all of mine and his documents in the order they asked for, for example put my i-864 and his i-864A and then both our tax transcripts and so on, or should I do separate order of his and my documents, such as my i-864 then my tax transcripts and so on and then begin with his? Or it doesn't matter?

I think I am thinking too hard on this.

Yes you should mail the documents. You don't have to wait till you fill DS-260 online. Just check whatever documents applies to you and rest you can mark as not applicable.

You can keep your tax forms together with your AOS and then have co sponsors documents. I don't think the order matters for this situation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello everyone! Joining the thread (and the forum)!

Scan date is July 7 so I hope everything goes smoothly and we get a CC in a couple weeks :)

Will NVC send us an email if they have received our AOS & IV Packet?

They might but we didn't get one. It's best to call to confirm.

Edited by Kattrin

USCIS Process:

2015-09-21: I-130 sent

2015-09-28: NOA1

2016-02-03: I-130 approved (NOA2)

2016-02-11: Case sent to Department of State

NVC Process:

2016-03-01: Welcome letter from NVC

2016-03-24: Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed online

2016-03-31: AOS and IV fees paid

2016-06-26: IV application (DS-260) completed online

2016-07-05: Financial and civil documents sent

2016-07-07: Scan date at NVC

2016-08-06: Saw 3 N/As, confirmation pending

2016-08-05: Case Complete (confirmed by phone on 08/08)

2016-08-12: Interview Scheduled

2016-08-16: Case in Transit to Embassy

2016-08-17: AOS N/A changed back to "Paid"

Embassy Process:

2016-08-18: Case arrived at embassy, status changed to "Ready"

2016-09-28: Interview Date (administrative processing, missing police certificate from third country)

2016-10-20: Received police certificate

2016-10-24: Police certificate translated

2016-10-26: Taken original, translation and copy of police certificate to embassy

2016-10-31: Visa issued

2016-11-02: Visa in hand

POE:

2016-11-17: POE in New York

Yup! It should look like this:

attachicon.gif3rd N:A.png

It takes 30-35 days to review your documents, so you might have to wait at least another week or two.

What is the web address to get there? What I see does not look like that at all.

Can anyone tell me what is the most up to date or last scan date to get CC? Basically, where are they now? Our scan date is July 8.

Edited by kjcamara

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

What is the web address to get there? What I see does not look like that at all.

Here you go: https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

Can anyone tell me what is the most up to date or last scan date to get CC? Basically, where are they now? Our scan date is July 8.

And you can see the latest reported scan date to CC here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/592291-scan-date-to-case-complete-spreadsheet/

USCIS Process:

2015-09-21: I-130 sent

2015-09-28: NOA1

2016-02-03: I-130 approved (NOA2)

2016-02-11: Case sent to Department of State

NVC Process:

2016-03-01: Welcome letter from NVC

2016-03-24: Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed online

2016-03-31: AOS and IV fees paid

2016-06-26: IV application (DS-260) completed online

2016-07-05: Financial and civil documents sent

2016-07-07: Scan date at NVC

2016-08-06: Saw 3 N/As, confirmation pending

2016-08-05: Case Complete (confirmed by phone on 08/08)

2016-08-12: Interview Scheduled

2016-08-16: Case in Transit to Embassy

2016-08-17: AOS N/A changed back to "Paid"

Embassy Process:

2016-08-18: Case arrived at embassy, status changed to "Ready"

2016-09-28: Interview Date (administrative processing, missing police certificate from third country)

2016-10-20: Received police certificate

2016-10-24: Police certificate translated

2016-10-26: Taken original, translation and copy of police certificate to embassy

2016-10-31: Visa issued

2016-11-02: Visa in hand

POE:

2016-11-17: POE in New York

Wow very helpful Kattrin Thanks so much.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hello everyone,

If my case is complete but also have some checklist for the interview day, I also see 3 N/A at ceac site or only via phone I can confirm that my case was complete?

Timeline

Hello everyone,

If my case is complete but also have some checklist for the interview day, I also see 3 N/A at ceac site or only via phone I can confirm that my case was complete?

Congratulations your case is complete.. u can cofirm calling nvc :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Cheers to starting another lovely month with my fellow VJ folks!

Still waiting on my interview date since July 20th, any news from my Canadians waiting for a date as well?

USCIS Process:

Sent I-130 (via Canada Post): Feb 29, 2016

NOA1 hardcopy received: March 16, 2016

NOA2 approval text & email: June 9, 2016

-------------------------------------------------------

NVC Process:

Case number and IIN Assigned: July 5, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: July 6, 2016

IV application (DS-260) completed: July 12, 2016

Sent AOS & IV packets (Electronic Processing): July 14, 2016

CC: July 20, 2016

Medical: September 13, 2016

Interview: September 19, 2016 APPROVED!

POE: October 31, 2016

-------------------------------------------------------

ROC Process:

Submitted I-751 (USPS Overnight): August 2, 2018

Approved: August 21st, 2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Congratulations your case is complete.. u can cofirm calling nvc :)

I wish to, but I was just asking :P If I also see 3 N/A at Ceac even if I have some checklist to interview day...

Timeline

I wish to, but I was just asking :P If I also see 3 N/A at Ceac even if I have some checklist to interview day...

i guess if ur interview is scheduled with checklist it should be a case complete... u can always call nvc n confirm.. best of luck :)

Timeline

You will still see 3rd N/A if NVC completes your case and even if you have checklist for interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.