dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2016

717 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi dharshal, I thought it just takes 1 or 2 weeks to schedule the interview, hope you get it soon, we have sent an email to expedite the case and get us an interview date sooner as wife(US citizen) is pregnant and due beginning of november, not sure if it is good enough reason for an expedite

It depends when your case complete is and number of slots the embassy has available. I think you will most likely get October interview, but I wish your request is approved and can be with your wife in this wonderful time. Good Luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks MrsBurgz!

Yeah I read that somewhere so how much time should I give them in case status doesn't change?

I would give it two weeks, but its up to you.

hello everyone,

so im sending my i-864 and supporting documents first thing tomorrow, are there any FYI's before i submit my documents that i should be aware of/ include and etc? and advice is greatly appreciated !! please and thank you in advance !

Write your case number on all the docs except the coversheets. Just incase they loose any page.

3 N/A's!!! ??????

Congratulations!!! Edited by MrsBurgz

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

our scan date is 17/8 " sent AOS and IV together" confirmed with calling NVC , my questions now should it show up in ceac.state.gov after login that we submit it or it will keep show N/A on AOS and IV documents till case complete ?

wish you all good luck..

CR-1 Visa Journey

USCIS: Done

NVC: Done

Embassy : Interview Stage..

Interview DONE

POE  DONE

Card in Hand : Done

** ROC *****

NBC 

Sending File >> 1/7/2019

File received>> 1/9/2019

SMS Text Received >> 1/14/2019

Received biometric schedule letter >> 1/26/2109

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Call NVC and tell them that you would like DS261 - Choice of Agent to be reviewed over the phone (if agent says no, hang up and call again...). Once they complete that review, IV will open up within 24 hours.. all the best...

If you don't do that, DS261 can take 2 -3 weeks to be reviewed by them... why wait when you can do it quicker...

What exactly does it mean to have it "reviewed over the phone"? Do you go through question by question together?

Guys, regarding taxes I submitted my 1040s a couple weeks ago, but the transcripts shouldn't be available within the next 2 or so months... ccan I just send copies of my 1040s to NVC? is that OK?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What exactly does it mean to have it "reviewed over the phone"? Do you go through question by question together?

Guys, regarding taxes I submitted my 1040s a couple weeks ago, but the transcripts shouldn't be available within the next 2 or so months... ccan I just send copies of my 1040s to NVC? is that OK?

You need the w2 to go along with the 1040. However you might get a case complete checklist for you to take the missing docs to the interview.

There isn't any questions to go over when you asked them to review the Ds-261. They just simply look it over to make sure it's done correctly.

Timeline

Im curious to know where and how people see the "3 N/A". My online case status still says "At NVC", however the representatives at NVC via phone call confirmed our case was complete on 8/19/16. (We made two phone calls, one last friday and one again this morning to confirm the results). We are still waiting for the interview date. They also told us it takes about one week from case complete to receive any email notifications.

2/10/16 - Mailed out package
2/11/16 - Picked up at 3:30 PM at Chicago Lockbox
2/23/16 - Received notification of acceptance via SMS at 4:40 PM

2/23/16 - NOA1

5/13/16 - NOA2

7/19/16 - Sent out NVC package

7/21/16 - Scan Date

8/19/16 - Case Complete

8/26/16 - Interview Scheduled *Oct 3rd @ Mumbai Consulate*

10/3/16 - Interview Completed *** VISA APPROVED! **

**Awaiting printed VISA**

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You need the w2 to go along with the 1040. However you might get a case complete checklist for you to take the missing docs to the interview.

Since I've been living abroad my whole life I don't have the W2s... I do have something equivalent in Portuguese though... could I try to use that?

Timeline

All the best! I hope it all works out for you. Did you engage Senator to expedite your process?

Thanks a lot, we actually did not engage the senator, we thought of doing it but apparently senator's office take about 2 months to do approve that and hopefully we should get an interview before that so there was not point in doing that, we just sent an email to the nvcexpedite@state.gov, hoping for the best

Timeline

It depends when your case complete is and number of slots the embassy has available. I think you will most likely get October interview, but I wish your request is approved and can be with your wife in this wonderful time. Good Luck.

Harry, thanks a lot, hope the delhi embassy isnt very busy at this time, and good luck to you too as well!!

Timeline

Harry, thanks a lot, hope the delhi embassy isnt very busy at this time, and good luck to you too as well!!

Hopefully we all will get interviews soon.

Edited by Harry13

Timeline

Im curious to know where and how people see the "3 N/A". My online case status still says "At NVC", however the representatives at NVC via phone call confirmed our case was complete on 8/19/16. (We made two phone calls, one last friday and one again this morning to confirm the results). We are still waiting for the interview date. They also told us it takes about one week from case complete to receive any email notifications.

Yes you might get email notification saying your case is complete and now in queue for the interview. Mostly they will start scheduling again this week or next week for October interviews.

Instead on the AOS fee stating "PAID" it will change to "N/A" when your case is completed. Good Luck on the journey.

Timeline

Hello everybody,

We got our CC on August 18th and saw the 3 N/A's, we called NVC the other day and confirmed and they said that the case is approved, but on August 19th we received an email from NVC stating that we have a checklist and that we have need to provide them with my Australian Police clearance Cert, where as we have already sent them my PCC from Australia and India, so what does this really mean?

Is this an mistake on their end and what should we do now?

We will be calling NVC later today, any other suggestions?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.