dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2016

717 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Case in transit to embassy!

Grats!

Thanks, Kattrin. I hope interview date gets assigned soon. I am really getting impatience :-( waiting is so difficult now.. btw, all the best for your interview next month..

Albano_al and frakina: You should be getting your CC soon. you both had your scan date close to mine. All the best!! I have been following you guys for a while and finally many my account here...
Take care.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Thanks, Kattrin. I hope interview date gets assigned soon. I am really getting impatience :-( waiting is so difficult now.. btw, all the best for your interview next month..

Thank you!

You can look here to get an idea how long it could take for your country: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xbLl_8yDgHLeDaLnTrPdYc44J0sjPSFfYCKxlKx6uTY/edit#gid=0

And here's the current CC to Interview Thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/604433-case-complete-to-interview-september-2016/

Almost there :)

USCIS Process:

2015-09-21: I-130 sent

2015-09-28: NOA1

2016-02-03: I-130 approved (NOA2)

2016-02-11: Case sent to Department of State

NVC Process:

2016-03-01: Welcome letter from NVC

2016-03-24: Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed online

2016-03-31: AOS and IV fees paid

2016-06-26: IV application (DS-260) completed online

2016-07-05: Financial and civil documents sent

2016-07-07: Scan date at NVC

2016-08-06: Saw 3 N/As, confirmation pending

2016-08-05: Case Complete (confirmed by phone on 08/08)

2016-08-12: Interview Scheduled

2016-08-16: Case in Transit to Embassy

2016-08-17: AOS N/A changed back to "Paid"

Embassy Process:

2016-08-18: Case arrived at embassy, status changed to "Ready"

2016-09-28: Interview Date (administrative processing, missing police certificate from third country)

2016-10-20: Received police certificate

2016-10-24: Police certificate translated

2016-10-26: Taken original, translation and copy of police certificate to embassy

2016-10-31: Visa issued

2016-11-02: Visa in hand

POE:

2016-11-17: POE in New York

Timeline

Albano_al and frakina: You should be getting your CC soon. you both had your scan date close to mine. All the best!! I have been following you guys for a while and finally many my account here...
Take care.

Thank you! Your CC gives me some hope that it's just around the corner.

January 20, 2016 - Married!! :dance:

USCIS

February 1, 2016 - Mailed I-130

February 2, 2016 - I-130 Delivered

February 4, 2016 - NOA1 (got the email and text on February 5)

June 3, 2016 - NOA2 (got the email and text on February 5)

June 11, 2016 - NOA2 hard copy

June 17, 2016 - USCIS website says Case sent to NVC

NVC

June 23, 2016 - Case received at the NVC (confirmed over phone)

July 7, 2016 - Case # and Invoice ID # received over phone

July 7, 2016 - DS-261 submitted

July 8, 2016 - Welcome Letter Received; DS-261 reviewed over phone

July 8, 2016 - AOS Fee Invoiced and payment in process

July 9, 2016 - AOS and IV package mailed (FedEx next day)

July 11, 2016 - IV Fee Invoiced and payment in process
July 11, 2016 - NVC Received/Scan Date

July 12, 2016 - AOS and IV Fees show as PAID; DS-260 unlocked
July 13, 2016 - NVC said that's when they entered the AOS/IV packages into the system

July 14, 2016 - DS-260 Submitted

August 16, 2016 - Case Complete

August 23, 2016 - Interview scheduled

October 18, 2016 - Interview

Me: Husband, US Citizen

I-751 Lifting of Conditions

August 15, 2018 - I-751 Delivered to USCIS (check cashed in Phoenix 09/25)

October 24, 2018 - NOA

March 28, 2019 - Biometrics appointment

June 11, 2019 - Case transferred to Potomac

February 18, 2020 - Combined Interview with N-400

February 20, 2020 - i-751 Approved

N-400 Naturalization

August 3, 2019 - Applied online 

August 26, 2019 - Biometrics

February 18, 2020 - Interview (Scheduled on January 6th). Approved pending i-751 approval

February 24, 2020 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

March 25, 2020 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Thank you! Your CC gives me some hope that it's just around the corner.

Did you check you status? I first saw NA and then called. Strange thing is that, I called them last night and they said it will be sometime this week. Based on the research I did, most of the people get approved in their 5th week for India. So this week you should hear something from them. All the best buddy!

Are you planning to go to the interview with your when it gets scheduled?

Timeline

Did you check you status? I first saw NA and then called. Strange thing is that, I called them last night and they said it will be sometime this week. Based on the research I did, most of the people get approved in their 5th week for India. So this week you should hear something from them. All the best buddy!

Are you planning to go to the interview with your when it gets scheduled?

Still shows "PAID" for me - have had that page on auto-refresh since late last week :P

They told me the received the documents 11th July, but scanned it into the system on the 13th. Seems like most people here say that 11th would be the scan date, I called them last night and they gave me the usual "it can take up to six weeks" response. Was 12th July the day the received your documents or scanned it into the system?

Yes, I will go to the interview with my wife. New Delhi (where we'll be) seems to allow the spouse/petitioner to go into the building during the interview, but Mumbai can be a little dicey. Are you going back as well? Hope you get the interview scheduled soon!

USCIS

NVC

July 13, 2016 - NVC said that's when they entered the AOS/IV packages into the system

October 24, 2018 - NOA

N-400 Naturalization

February 18, 2020 - Interview (Scheduled on January 6th). Approved pending i-751 approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Still shows "PAID" for me - have had that page on auto-refresh since late last week :P

They told me the received the documents 11th July, but scanned it into the system on the 13th. Seems like most people here say that 11th would be the scan date, I called them last night and they gave me the usual "it can take up to six weeks" response. Was 12th July the day the received your documents or scanned it into the system?

Yes, I will go to the interview with my wife. New Delhi (where we'll be) seems to allow the spouse/petitioner to go into the building during the interview, but Mumbai can be a little dicey. Are you going back as well? Hope you get the interview scheduled soon!

Wow. Gimme some hopes as well... my scan date is 18th July.. and i am going to attend interview at New Delhi Embassy once its scheduled..praying for CC..

My Time line is Updated! 

Timeline

Wow. Gimme some hopes as well... my scan date is 18th July.. and i am going to attend interview at New Delhi Embassy once its scheduled..praying for CC..

Frankina - Yes, Delhi allows US citizens, who filed the petition, to enter the consulate. However, they may not interview you. They will have to sit down. I went with my wife last year for her K-1 visa (then she was my fiancee). They did not interview me. Conclusion on K-1 visa: They put us into AP and then sent back our petition to NVC & which then got returned to USCIS saying they determined that we were already married last year. They were concluding that based on some pictures where my wife (then fiancee) had hena on her hand in few pictures that we sent when I filed her petition and another picture in which I was hugging her. They said that's the action of a married couples because in Indian culture hugging does not happens prior to wedding... I was like #######... did CO ever stepped out of the consulate in Delhi and looked around... So, once i heard from USCIS, we planned our wedding in India and filed I-130.

I am planning to go to India for her interview because I have no clue what new situation they will create this time. So just want to be there for my wife. I hope they let me enter to the Embassy.

On the side note, whenever I call NVC, I try to be very polite and talk to them causally. Also, greet them and ask them "How are they doing or how's their day going... etc." This put us into a good conversation situation. I have noticed that their tone really change and they provide me with more information than just typical 6 weeks review period response.

abhatia: I believe you will hear something early next week. That would be your 5th week. All the best!

Timeline

Hello,

Whenever you have time, please add me to the case complete spreadsheet.

Thanks for all the help. Information in this site really helped me a lot in my case.

Thanks,

GS

Awesome,

Congrats! My case was completed on August 1st and now waiting for interview. Hopefully we will get early October interview.

Timeline

I am planning to go to India for her interview because I have no clue what new situation they will create this time. So just want to be there for my wife. I hope they let me enter to the Embassy.

Oh man that's terrible. Hope everything goes smoothly this time!

USCIS

NVC

October 24, 2018 - NOA

N-400 Naturalization

Timeline

Awesome,

Congrats! My case was completed on August 1st and now waiting for interview. Hopefully we will get early October interview.

Thanks. I hope we get it on the same day :-) . Are you planning to go to India for the interview? Also, did you try searching if you case is at Mumbai embassy? My status shows as "At NVC" and DHL doesn't give anything either... May it will take a few days...

Frankina - Thanks. I hope so too.

P.S. I noticed that VJ has restrictions on how many post I can make in a day. Is that for everyone? I have 3 more left after this until tomorrow :-(

GS

Timeline

Thanks. I hope we get it on the same day :-) . Are you planning to go to India for the interview? Also, did you try searching if you case is at Mumbai embassy? My status shows as "At NVC" and DHL doesn't give anything either... May it will take a few days...

Frankina - Thanks. I hope so too.

P.S. I noticed that VJ has restrictions on how many post I can make in a day. Is that for everyone? I have 3 more left after this until tomorrow :-(

GS

NVC will not ship our case to Mumbai Consulate until they have scheduled our interview. Case files are usually shipped 3 weeks before the scheduled interview date. I called NVC about interview date everyday lol and they only thing I hear is that they are still waiting for one. Usually they schedule an interview within 60 days after your case complete but they can't grantee anything. But to give you a positive hope my sister has same case complete date as of mine (August 8th) and her interview is scheduled for September 20th. So hopefully we can get late September or early October interview.

I am still debating if I should go to India for Interview or not. I will keep posting here if I get my interview date.

Timeline

NVC will not ship our case to Mumbai Consulate until they have scheduled our interview. Case files are usually shipped 3 weeks before the scheduled interview date. I called NVC about interview date everyday lol and they only thing I hear is that they are still waiting for one. Usually they schedule an interview within 60 days after your case complete but they can't grantee anything. But to give you a positive hope my sister has same case complete date as of mine (August 8th) and her interview is scheduled for September 20th. So hopefully we can get late September or early October interview.

I am still debating if I should go to India for Interview or not. I will keep posting here if I get my interview date.

Is her case at Mumbai Embassy as well? When did she hear about her Interview date? It is so strange that she got it and you haven't still. Sorry! We won't hear anytime soon like this week I think because Mumbai Embassy is closed until 17th. http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/holidays.html

I will post here as well if i get my interview date.

Timeline

Is her case at Mumbai Embassy as well? When did she hear about her Interview date? It is so strange that she got it and you haven't still. Sorry! We won't hear anytime soon like this week I think because Mumbai Embassy is closed until 17th. http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/holidays.html

I will post here as well if i get my interview date.

Yes her case is also at Mumbai Embassy. I think we will get early October interview. Lol

She received her interview date on August 4th I believe. It is crazy how NVC works because I have no idea how they work.

Edited by dharshal1992

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.