dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2016

717 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just an FYI for all those that are wondering where your documents are once you case is closed and your documents are in transit to your embassy. You can track your package via DHL. You just need to know the date your documents were sent out. It works ive managed to see exactly where my documents are in transit.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/194465-how-to-track-your-case-from-nvc-to-embassy/page-24

Did you try this? It did not work for me. It doesn't allow more than 10 character for tracking number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi,

This is a question for anyone that can answer. I submitted my documents in July and my scan date is July 21st. I have been reading on this forum that you have to submit with the 1040 the w2s but I did not know that when I submitted my documents so I did not submit any w2s. If somone can please tell me their experience as to whether this will cause me to get a checklist and if yes what should I do next. Thanks in advance.

If you didn't submit the 2015 tax documents you might get your case completed but with a checklist to bring the taxes to the interview. I saw a few persons with case complete checklist for missing taxes. So just have the taxes ready to bring to the interview.

If you didn't submit the 2015 tax documents you might get your case completed but with a checklist to bring the taxes to the interview. I saw a few persons with case complete checklist for missing taxes. So just have the taxes ready to bring to the interview.

Thanks MrsBurgz for replying. I did submit the tax returns for 2013, 2014 and 2015 but not the w2s and so that's what I was wondering about if it will create a checklist and therefore my case won't be complete. And another question if I was to mail out the w2s since they are not using my income could I just mail out my joint sponsor's w2s only. If I do that will that create a new scan date and have to wait another 6 weeks. I can't find my 2013 and 2014 w2s and for 2015 I did not work.

Timeline

The W2 is considered tax document. So hopefully you're lucky like the rest that got case complete checklist and ask to bring it to the interview.

If you mail the tax docs. make sure to use the AOS barcoded cover sheet and yes it will create a new scan date and a wait another 6 weeks.

I believe if you didn't work in 2015 you would have to write a note explaining the reason why you didn't file taxes. That might trigger a checklist.

The W2 is considered tax document. So hopefully you're lucky like the rest that got case complete checklist and ask to bring it to the interview.

If you mail the tax docs. make sure to use the AOS barcoded cover sheet and yes it will create a new scan date and a wait another 6 weeks.

I believe if you didn't work in 2015 you would have to write a note explaining the reason why you didn't file taxes. That might trigger a checklist.

@MrsBurg - Ok, got it.I hope so too. I did file 2015 tax return to get my education credit but I filed as single instead of married. Is that a cause for concern? I did not know how to go about filing married since this is my first time.

Edited by Janneh15268

It's been averaging 30 days

Thanks for the answer...

so i am a bit confused about the scan date for me. I got an email that NVC received my packages on august 5, however it wasn't put in the system until august 8. Which will be my scan date then? Please help.

@MrsBurg - Ok, got it.I hope so too. I did file 2015 tax return to get my education credit but I filed as single instead of married. Is that a cause for concern? I did not know how to go about filing married since this is my first time.

So how long you have been married for? if you got married this year then you do not need to file as married for last years taxes. if you got married last year or the year before that, you needed to file them as married. If you didn't, I believe you can make amendments to it. so you may get a checklist for that. but I would advise you to go make the amendments before they send you a checklist. I would certainly say that when you send in the amended ones, do put your document cover sheet when sending.

For example, I got married this year so this year I will have to file them as married even if my husband is not in the US. But for last year's one, I was still single so I filed them as single.

So this is my understanding, hopefully someone else can help you here better or give you an insight based on their experience.

My scan date is july 8th

On august 6th I got the 3 N/As

BUT today i received an email with a CHECKLIST!!!

They want civil documents (nothing specified) and I-864 !!!

My husband already sent these documets...I am sooo tired of this.....

It seems like a possible false checklist. if your husband sent everything, i would tell you to call and confirm with them or tell them you sent everything and ask them for a supervisor to review it.

Timeline

There are a few persons that I know on VJ that didn't file their taxes a ssingle and it wasn't a problem with NVC nor at the interview. I filed single and my case completed just fine. Just keep in mind that you have 3 years to ammend your taxes. So although we should have filed Married filing seperate it doesn't pose a problem with this Journey whatsoever just with the IRS. When my husband get here I will ammend my 2015 taxes. To ammend your taxes it will 8-12weeks for the taxes to be ammended so don't worry about going through the hassle now. You have 3 years to do so. As others have stated falsely you will NOT get a checklist for that.

Edited by MrsBurgz

Timeline

There are a few persons that I know on VJ that didn't file their taxes a ssingle and it wasn't a problem with NVC nor at the interview. I filed single and my case completed just fine. Just keep in mind that you have 3 years to ammend your taxes. So although we should have filed Married filing seperate it doesn't pose a problem with this Journey whatsoever just with the IRS. When my husband get here I will ammend my 2015 taxes. To ammend your taxes it will 8-12weeks for the taxes to be ammended so don't worry about going through the hassle now. You have 3 years to do so. As others have stated falsely you will NOT get a checklist for that.

I meant to say "DID" file their taxes as single.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Thanks for the answer...

so i am a bit confused about the scan date for me. I got an email that NVC received my packages on august 5, however it wasn't put in the system until august 8. Which will be my scan date then? Please help.

I would take the August 8 for the scan date and you could get CC earlier than expected rather than count from August 5 and stress over it being late :) I assume the processing and therefore the (approximately) 30 days period don't start until the case is entered in the system.

Thanks! Same to you! ☺

Thank you :)

Just an FYI for all those that are wondering where your documents are once you case is closed and your documents are in transit to your embassy. You can track your package via DHL. You just need to know the date your documents were sent out. It works ive managed to see exactly where my documents are in transit.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/194465-how-to-track-your-case-from-nvc-to-embassy/page-24

Thanks for letting us know. I thought this didn't work anymore :)

USCIS Process:

2015-09-21: I-130 sent

2015-09-28: NOA1

2016-02-03: I-130 approved (NOA2)

2016-02-11: Case sent to Department of State

NVC Process:

2016-03-01: Welcome letter from NVC

2016-03-24: Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed online

2016-03-31: AOS and IV fees paid

2016-06-26: IV application (DS-260) completed online

2016-07-05: Financial and civil documents sent

2016-07-07: Scan date at NVC

2016-08-06: Saw 3 N/As, confirmation pending

2016-08-05: Case Complete (confirmed by phone on 08/08)

2016-08-12: Interview Scheduled

2016-08-16: Case in Transit to Embassy

2016-08-17: AOS N/A changed back to "Paid"

Embassy Process:

2016-08-18: Case arrived at embassy, status changed to "Ready"

2016-09-28: Interview Date (administrative processing, missing police certificate from third country)

2016-10-20: Received police certificate

2016-10-24: Police certificate translated

2016-10-26: Taken original, translation and copy of police certificate to embassy

2016-10-31: Visa issued

2016-11-02: Visa in hand

POE:

2016-11-17: POE in New York

So how long you have been married for? if you got married this year then you do not need to file as married for last years taxes. if you got married last year or the year before that, you needed to file them as married. If you didn't, I believe you can make amendments to it. so you may get a checklist for that. but I would advise you to go make the amendments before they send you a checklist. I would certainly say that when you send in the amended ones, do put your document cover sheet when sending.

For example, I got married this year so this year I will have to file them as married even if my husband is not in the US. But for last year's one, I was still single so I filed them as single.

So this is my understanding, hopefully someone else can help you here better or give you an insight based on their experience.

@Mrs Burg - I got married last year in August. Thank you for all of that information. I will just wait then til my husband comes to the US to ammend my 2015 return. Thank you once again for all your replies.

Sorry about that I meant to reply to MrsBurgz response to my questions.

Edited by Janneh15268

Timeline

@Mrs Burg - I got married last year in August. Thank you for all of that information. I will just wait then til my husband comes to the US to ammend my 2015 return. Thank you once again for all your replies.

Sorry about that I meant to reply to MrsBurgz response to my questions.[/quote

You're welcome. Good luck on your Journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Scan Date 07/11. Past 30 days today, no CC yet :(

Getting really impatient.

January 20, 2016 - Married!! :dance:

USCIS

February 1, 2016 - Mailed I-130

February 2, 2016 - I-130 Delivered

February 4, 2016 - NOA1 (got the email and text on February 5)

June 3, 2016 - NOA2 (got the email and text on February 5)

June 11, 2016 - NOA2 hard copy

June 17, 2016 - USCIS website says Case sent to NVC

NVC

June 23, 2016 - Case received at the NVC (confirmed over phone)

July 7, 2016 - Case # and Invoice ID # received over phone

July 7, 2016 - DS-261 submitted

July 8, 2016 - Welcome Letter Received; DS-261 reviewed over phone

July 8, 2016 - AOS Fee Invoiced and payment in process

July 9, 2016 - AOS and IV package mailed (FedEx next day)

July 11, 2016 - IV Fee Invoiced and payment in process
July 11, 2016 - NVC Received/Scan Date

July 12, 2016 - AOS and IV Fees show as PAID; DS-260 unlocked
July 13, 2016 - NVC said that's when they entered the AOS/IV packages into the system

July 14, 2016 - DS-260 Submitted

August 16, 2016 - Case Complete

August 23, 2016 - Interview scheduled

October 18, 2016 - Interview

Me: Husband, US Citizen

I-751 Lifting of Conditions

August 15, 2018 - I-751 Delivered to USCIS (check cashed in Phoenix 09/25)

October 24, 2018 - NOA

March 28, 2019 - Biometrics appointment

June 11, 2019 - Case transferred to Potomac

February 18, 2020 - Combined Interview with N-400

February 20, 2020 - i-751 Approved

N-400 Naturalization

August 3, 2019 - Applied online 

August 26, 2019 - Biometrics

February 18, 2020 - Interview (Scheduled on January 6th). Approved pending i-751 approval

February 24, 2020 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

March 25, 2020 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.