Murf & Reggie

I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, AustinCanada said:

Ummmm... I thought N-400 online application system had nothing to do with I-751 application processing time?  :huh:

Well, the N-400 online application seemed to be going well (according to the N-400 July 2017 thread) so I'm not sure if there is a connection with the I-751 processing timeline at CSC (then, how come VSC is not affected)?  :huh2:

Same question i have been asking for a long time

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, shell20 said:

It is only my theory what is going on and reading online.  Firstly, according to a answers and questions debate ROC is not important to USCIS for processing times as AOS or N400.   It takes a back seat.  According to an Ombudsman report the new computer system for N400 has had major problems causing a back log, which they wanted to address before other back logs, which would have a knock on effect.  As for VSC, I think some of their other cases have been transferred to Pontemac service centre (or whatever the new place is called) However, CSC has had work loads of other visas transferred to them, causing a bigger workload for them.  Just my theory of why things are so slow, its workload, compared to staffing and issues with other visas. Not only did the new system for N400 have major issues there was also more applicants for N400 than anticipated adding to the workload. So I guess my theory and its only a theory, is that it has had a ripple effect.

Did the Ombudsman report state that USCIS has managed to fix the N-400 online application system?  :huh2:

Since CSC is still slow, they may be still trying to fix the N-400 online application system?  :bonk:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

1 hour ago, AustinCanada said:

Did the Ombudsman report state that USCIS has managed to fix the N-400 online application system?  :huh2:

Since CSC is still slow, they may be still trying to fix the N-400 online application system?  :bonk:

You can read the report here  https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/DHS Annual Report 2017_0.pdf

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, shell20 said:

Great!  :dance:  I've just finished reading selected sections!  :dancing:

Although I didn't find much information on I-751, reading this report about ELIS on N-400 helped me to decide how I should apply for the N-400 application!  :idea:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

2 hours ago, AustinCanada said:

USCIS’ fee review process does not provide for sufficient flexibility to account for unexpected changes that can significantly affect the number of incoming filings. For example, USCIS received 972,151 naturalization applications in FY 2016, nearly 200,000 more than the 774,634 it projected.303 Likewise, since 2012, over one million applications have been submitted under the DACA program.304 Unpredictable fluctuations in case receipts, and the ensuing reallocation of staff and resources, require a more dynamic fee review process, one that recognizes the potential need for additional resources to respond to changing circumstances. 

A snippet of what I was talking about, 200,000 more naturalization application in 2016, nearly 200,000 more than the expected 774,634. So that alone without the computer issues, would cause a back log with naturalization and if naturalization has priority it will most definitely have a knock on effect to the ROC that just is not priority.

7 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

Although I didn't find much information on I-751, reading this report about ELIS on N-400 helped me to decide how I should apply for the N-400 application!  :idea:

Ailia report from 2015 which says USCIS  priorities AOS and N400 over ROC. I am aware its an older article but it wont change, so more N400 with higher priority overtake ROC and because they had 200,000 more applications for N400 than expected well ROC then has delays.  https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Notes from Previous Engagements/PED-Field_Ops_Agenda_October_2015_Cleared.pdf

12 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

Now this is very interesting regarding Vermont, but unfortunately it doesnt seem to say which year. It says that Vermont no longer do random interviews for ROC only for waivers and such.  It tells you how many staff they have, how long it takes to train etc. Alas, I dont know if its this year or years gone by, but it seems that interviews for ROC now are very selective and not random. https://cliniclegal.org/resources/articles-clinic/updates-vermont-service-center-and-national-visa-center

17 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

And finally this, well there are other articles many other articles, but this is why have come to my theory regarding ROC and the delays. http://www.klinkeimmigration.com/en/blog/strategy/the-long-and-tortured-road-of-i-751s.php Again its just my theory.

28 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

Sorry also forgot this https://www.uscis.gov/workload-transfers see how late Feb early March California got a workload and Vermont has transferred other visa applications elsewhere, that might be due to the fact that there was a meeting with Vermont around Sept 16 where Vermont promised to get ROC down to 6 months processing. I have that article somewhere too. However, they are STILL taking a year or so!  https://www.uscis.gov/workload-transfers

3 hours ago, AustinCanada said:

Ok found the report from Sept 16 I was looking for.   https://cliniclegal.org/resources/family-based-issues-were-key-topic-during-2016-vermont-service-center-stakeholder  An extract of why things may have also sped up a tad with Vermont, but not to their projection, not even close  Here is the extract which you can read in full in the above link.  

There are currently 58,000 I-751 petitions pending at VSC. The processing time for I-751 applications, both joint petitions and waivers, is 11 and a half months. VSC recently trained a number of new officers to adjudicate I-751 petitions. With the addition of these new officers, it hopes to decrease processing time to six months.

Edited by shell20

Any way @AustinCanada and @Zombie69  I think I will now let you read those articles and make your own hypothesis, this girl is going to have a big glass of wine as she deserves with all the hard research she has done for you guys! Lol :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
25 minutes ago, shell20 said:

Ok found the report from Sept 16 I was looking for.   https://cliniclegal.org/resources/family-based-issues-were-key-topic-during-2016-vermont-service-center-stakeholder  An extract of why things may have also sped up a tad with Vermont, but not to their projection, not even close  Here is the extract which you can read in full in the above link.  

There are currently 58,000 I-751 petitions pending at VSC. The processing time for I-751 applications, both joint petitions and waivers, is 11 and a half months. VSC recently trained a number of new officers to adjudicate I-751 petitions. With the addition of these new officers, it hopes to decrease processing time to six months.

Thanks for your research, you know how to dig deep :lol: In my opinion CSC is sharing VSC burden which is taking them longer than usual. I read on the threads that USCIS officials told applicants of I-751 that it's going to take one and a half year or two years which is a joke but in the next few months things would become more clear. Most of the VJ June-2016 filers got their approval in July and August. Realistically at this point for CSC, 1 year to 14 months is the processing time frame based on the VJ threads outcome. In addition, I saw one January-2017 filer got an interview notice so It's kinda strange to calculate the processing timeline. Thanks again for your extensive research :)  enjoy your weekend. Kind Regards 

13 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Thanks for your research, you know how to dig deep :lol: In my opinion CSC is sharing VSC burden which is taking them longer than usual. I read on the threads that USCIS officials told applicants of I-751 that it's going to take one and a half year or two years which is a joke but in the next few months things would become more clear. Most of the VJ June-2016 filers got their approval in July and August. Realistically at this point for CSC, 1 year to 14 months is the processing time frame based on the VJ threads outcome. In addition, I saw one January-2017 filer got an interview notice so It's kinda strange to calculate the processing timeline. Thanks again for your extensive research :)  enjoy your weekend. Kind Regards 

You are probably correct about the case transfers, I posted that link. I doubt it will take 2 years unless there are mitigating circumstances,  also the USCIS just mess up at times,  as they have with other people, one in particular. However, regarding the January filer without even looking it will be a divorce waiver, an F1 filer or someone who has sent too little evidence, they go by weight and just send it on, or someone who has sent way too much evidence, again they go by weight and if its too large its too much work to deal with, too little and then they seem to assume that there is not enough evidence.As for CSC I think in the next couple of months they will speed up, I'm not psychic but I just have instinct and I normally go with my inner senses.

You have a good weekend too! :) a

Edited by shell20

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 hours ago, shell20 said:

Any way @AustinCanada and @Zombie69  I think I will now let you read those articles and make your own hypothesis, this girl is going to have a big glass of wine as she deserves with all the hard research she has done for you guys! Lol :)

Appreciate your research, thanks a lot.:rolleyes:

Timeline
7 hours ago, shell20 said:

A snippet of what I was talking about, 200,000 more naturalization application in 2016, nearly 200,000 more than the expected 774,634. So that alone without the computer issues, would cause a back log with naturalization and if naturalization has priority it will most definitely have a knock on effect to the ROC that just is not priority.

I'd think most N-400 filers applied in early 2016 to be able to vote by Nov, 2016.  :blink:

I understand that they had (and are still having?) an issue with the online N-400 applications so I guess they're still backlogged due to this issue.  :bonk:

6 hours ago, shell20 said:

You totally deserved it!  :thumbs:

5 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

USCIS sometimes processes few newer cases for training.  :dancing:

I saw few lucky ones getting processed fast during the I-130 process.  :whistle:  Needless to say, they didn't pick my file!  :rofl:

5 hours ago, shell20 said:

As for CSC I think in the next couple of months they will speed up, I'm not psychic but I just have instinct and I normally go with my inner senses.

I remember during the I-130 process in 2013-2014, they didn't process any applications for 7-8 months!  :wow:

The applications were just sitting in a warehouse!  :bonk:  Many of us kept saying, "I bet they'll start processing next month!"  :cry:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.