Murf & Reggie

I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, GreatDane said:

I feel like we're now in a race to meet people at the Seattle office. Should we just sit around local area bars?

"Heeyyyyyy....where do you work?" to everyone who comes by?:rofl:

We'll see who 'wins' this one - my money is on you! 

I wish I lived near the USCIS Seattle office in Tukwila!  :rofl:

It takes me one hour to go there (or any nearby local bars from the office)!  :lol:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
59 minutes ago, GreatDane said:

Anyone have any idea what's up with VJ? The timeline says they're processing September? Definitely a mistake but still...

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/liftstats.php?cfl= 

Apparently a September application has been processed.

Somebody in the November 2016 filers thread is reporting an approval, which probably made the average VJ time jump so far ahead (this page, then scroll down a little): 

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/615415-i-751-november-2016-filers/?page=32

33 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

I wish I lived near the USCIS Seattle office in Tukwila!  :rofl:

It takes me one hour to go there (or any nearby local bars from the office)!  :lol:

Where isn't an hour commute within Seattle? :lol:

I'm in Bellevue, so not too far, but every visit takes 3-4 hours of my day. Whyyyyy?

If we're at the same ceremony, I'll buy the beer! :dance:

21 minutes ago, AK_2014 said:

Somebody in the November 2016 filers thread is reporting an approval, which probably made the average VJ time jump so far ahead (this page, then scroll down a little): 

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/615415-i-751-november-2016-filers/?page=32

Ugh - a November filer?! And they even had an interview? 

This USCIS process makes no sense. They need to use the first in, first out principle. 

44 minutes ago, AK_2014 said:

I've seen one January 2017 filer was approved in June 2017 (with the interview) according to one of I-751 trackers. So these are random. Either mistake or "friends" (bribes).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
18 hours ago, nightingalejules said:

Mostly responding to @Zombie69 - keep in mind that up until a few months ago, it was VSC that was lagging months behind, and they didn't suggest that they needed their own forum so that they didn't have to be supportive of all those "lucky" CSC filers. We are here on VJ to learn about the processes we're going through and to support each other. 

Sure, I wish that USCIS could get their collective act together and process our files, but that doesn't mean I'm any less happy for the people who are getting approved! Congratulations to them, and let's try not to resent them for something that none of us has any control over!

You are right, but it is not that Vermont was lagging behind, it is CSC that has slowed down unprecedentedly. It has always taken Vermont about a year to process 751, this year is no different, it is CSC that is lagging and it appears it might take 1.5 years to process. I am not resentng VSC filers, I guess it is just frustrating that CSC is lagging WAY behind, not even close to VSC. Congrats to all the VSC approved applicants. I have shifted my focus to 400 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, 4444510 said:

I've seen one January 2017 filer was approved in June 2017 (with the interview) according to one of I-751 trackers. So these are random. Either mistake or "friends" (bribes).

Wow, maybe we will be the lucky ones,lol 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AustinCanada said:

The good news is that you'll probably get approved before I do!  :dancing:

You sent your I-751 and N-400 applications before I did!  :dance:  Our citizenship applications are processed at the Seattle office!  :yes:

So you'll get the good news before I do....  :thumbs:   Unless....I get to know someone working at the Seattle office!  :rofl:  Then, my application may get processed before yours!  :lol:

You filed your 400?

Timeline
18 hours ago, AustinCanada said:

According to https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoptions/us_citizen_through_naturalization#benefit-related-content-2:

USCIS is currently allowing a small number of applicants to submit their Application for Naturalization (N-400) online. If you are not part of this small group, we will redirect you to the webpage where you can download the paper application. You may then follow the form instructions and submit it by mail.

So it sounds like you'll need to create a USCIS account to find out if you can apply online.  :wow:   USCIS is not very helpful on this, but it's nothing new!   :rofl:

I'm most likely sending my N-400 application by mail since I've already filled it out.  :dancing:

Congrats!   :dance:  Thanks for the info!   :star:

I wonder if that makes a difference since your I-751 application was at VSC and mine is at CSC.   :whistle:   Oh, well!   :lol:

I've decided to send my N-400 application even though they might combine my applications since my goal is become a US citizen!  :yes:

Welcome to the club, you did the right thing, I will file mine 1 week after August.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Welcome to the club, you did the right thing, I will file mine 1 week after August.

Goodluck and this is the only best alternative at this point for you because of your pending I-751. If your ultimate goal is U.S citizenship then you shouldn't be bothered about the lengthy I-751 process. I understand the frustration but I would do the same if my I-751 is pending. I contemplate you might get your GC in September or October. Please keep us updated about your N-400 application when you get there,Thanks  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Goodluck and this is the only best alternative at this point for you because of your pending I-751. If your ultimate goal is U.S citizenship then you shouldn't be bothered about the lengthy I-751 process. I understand the frustration but I would do the same if my I-751 is pending. I contemplate you might get your GC in September or October. Please keep us updated about your N-400 application when you get there,Thanks  

Exactly, my ultimate goal is the citizenship, having a bigger picture and being patience I guess are the only way to go. It will be great if my get my GC in a few months, if not, my focus is citizenship anyway. Thanks for the encouragement, will definitely keep you updated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Exactly, my ultimate goal is the citizenship, having a bigger picture and being patience I guess are the only way to go. It will be great if my get my GC in a few months, if not, my focus is citizenship anyway. Thanks for the encouragement, will definitely keep you updated.

You are welcome and I am optimistic before I file for N-400 you would be in the final phase of your natrualization or might be U.S citizen :) Who knows you might your GC next month. Say Hi to your hubby and convey my regards. Thanks 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

You are welcome and I am optimistic before I file for N-400 you would be in the final phase of your natrualization or might be U.S citizen :) Who knows you might your GC next month. Say Hi to your hubby and convey my regards. Thanks 

Will do. You filed in March, it seems like it is going to be a while, but trust me, you will get to where I am now, and time will fly. Thanks for the encouragement, I am glad you are almost at 5 month mark. We will all be approved even though there may or may not be bumps down the road. Have a great weekend. 

19 hours ago, stackeria said:

Perhaps. I hesitate to put forward theories of sophisticated strategical thinking at USCIS, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised to learn that a manager at VSC was trying to keep their 3 month average I-751 processing time under 12 months and was purposefully processing a bunch of August petitions ahead of July to buy themselves some time.

@Panda I have given it some thought :idea: as well and the way I envision USCIS processes our applications is the following. I imagine this large manufacturing building with high ceiling and shelves with these white office boxes neatly stacked. Every Monday, say July 31st, 10 employees walk into the building and another staff member uses a forklift to bring down the boxes with August cases. Let's assume an employee goes through a box a week, they are chugging along nicely, when Mary goes on vacation at the end of the week flying to the Bahamas for 2 weeks. :no: 

When she is back, the rest of the team has moved on to beginning of September cases while her box is still unfinished so she continues with processing the remaining August cases in her box. :oops:

This assumes that there are no other variables that come into play at the same time. For example, it is possible that based on the quality/quantity of the provided information, status of your entrance (did u enter as F1, fiancee), length in country etc USCIS categorizes cases as they come in in say 3 categories: low, medium, high risk categories, assigning them into specialized officers or to a particular processing timeline - low risk gets processed first, etc. 

P.S. with the N400 being now filed online and in paper, I foresee two parallel forums created - one for each, comparing timelines, filing strategies etc....This is gonna be good :blink:Someone please pass me the popcorn :pop:

my case was received by CSC august 10th, I just went to Infopass appointment and got a stamp in the passport and was told that there is no time limit but I am probably looking at another 2-3 months

Timeline
17 hours ago, Kristaps333 said:

my case was received by CSC august 10th, I just went to Infopass appointment and got a stamp in the passport and was told that there is no time limit but I am probably looking at another 2-3 months

I was told the same thing..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.