Murf & Reggie

I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, JEWELLA said:

Thanks for sharing such detailed information.Did you bring any additional documents that weren't ask for?did you have to bring passport photos?

You are welcome :). 

I took my entire folder of documents that I had submitted to USCIS while filing i751 (just in case). No passport photos.

27 minutes ago, destinychild1 said:

I showed her my driving license and explained that DMV and my employer both consider validity of the extension letter only upto 08/30/2017

Please read this as "I showed her my driving license and explained that DMV and my employer both consider validity of the extension letter only upto 08/01/2017". Apologies for the typo.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
14 hours ago, alejandreska said:

Hi everyone!

I am now eligible to apply for naturalization, so I will be sending my package tomorrow ^_^

I will keep you posted in case something changes. I actually could have sent the application last month but procrastinated a little bit :whistle:- busy with work and applying to graduate school.

Happy 4th of July! :jest:

We will be eligible by 7/31. We will have filed our 400 by then. That might take our minds off this long 751 wait. Happy 4th as well.

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, destinychild1 said:

You are welcome :). 

I took my entire folder of documents that I had submitted to USCIS while filing i751 (just in case). No passport photos.

Please read this as "I showed her my driving license and explained that DMV and my employer both consider validity of the extension letter only upto 08/01/2017". Apologies for the typo.

Ok,Thanks.I am pretty much going for an infopass cause of DMV as I have to go back to drive for my license and recently when I went for my permit they ask when am I getting a new green card.I really hope I will get the stamp.

A&J K1 visa Journey

Sent I-129F packet Sat-June 8,2013.

USCIS received 1-I29F Packet Wed-June 12,2013.

NOA1 Notification (email & text msg) and Notice Date Fri-June 14,2013.

Awaiting NOA1 hard copy in mail.................................

Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) On Thurs-June 20, 2013

NOA1 hard copy in the mail Fri-June 21,2013

I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) transferred from VSC to TSC On Fri-August 9, 2013

I129F,Petition for FIANCE(E) transfer and now being process at TSC Thur-August 15,2013

Receive Notice of Action Transfer (NOA-T) on Mon-August 19,2013

NOA2 Notification (Email) Wed-September 18,2013

NOA2 hard copy in the mail Tues-September 24,2013

I129F is shipped from USCIS to NVC Thurs-September 26,2013

NVC received approved I129F and assign case number Fri-October 4,2013

NVC shipped I129F to Embassy Wed-October 23,2013

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just came back from my InfoPass appointment!  I got a 1-year extension stamp in my passport!  :dance:

My NOA letter date is on 08/25/2016 and my Green Card expired on 11/20/2016 so I was good until 11/20/2017 (with one year extension).  Now I'm good until 07/02/2018!  :thumbs:

According to the person I talked to at the Seattle office, it'll probably take another 6-9 months for me to receive my 10-year Green Card.  :bonk:   I'm applying for Citizenship in fewer than two months so I hope I become a citizen within one year!  :dancing:

Oh, they didn't take away my Green Card since an immigration officer at the port of entry may scan it to check my immigration status since they always ask for a Green Card (then, they may not need to see the stamp in my passport)!  :yes:  Based on my experience, even a Canadian immigration officer asks for a Green Card (and they may not know what the stamp in my passport is) so it's nice that I still have it!  :star:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Timeline
8 hours ago, AustinCanada said:

I just came back from my InfoPass appointment!  I got a 1-year extension stamp in my passport!  :dance:

My NOA letter date is on 08/25/2016 and my Green Card expired on 11/20/2016 so I was good until 11/20/2017 (with one year extension).  Now I'm good until 07/02/2018!  :thumbs:

According to the person I talked to at the Seattle office, it'll probably take another 6-9 months for me to receive my 10-year Green Card.  :bonk:   I'm applying for Citizenship in fewer than two months so I hope I become a citizen within one year!  :dancing:

Oh, they didn't take away my Green Card since an immigration officer at the port of entry may scan it to check my immigration status since they always ask for a Green Card (then, they may not need to see the stamp in my passport)!  :yes:  Based on my experience, even a Canadian immigration officer asks for a Green Card (and they may not know what the stamp in my passport is) so it's nice that I still have it!  :star:

Great, I am doing my info pass in 2 weeks. 6 to 9 months more? Did they explain why? We will file our 400 by July 31st. Wow, so we probably won't get our green cards until next Feb or March. Happy 4th. Mine NOA date is 8/8, 2016. CG expires on 10/28/2016

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Great, I am doing my info pass in 2 weeks. 6 to 9 months more? Did they explain why? We will file our 400 by July 31st. Wow, so we probably won't get our green cards until next Feb or March. Happy 4th. Mine NOA date is 8/8, 2016. CG expires on 10/28/2016

Nope, they didn't explain why it may take 6-9 months!  :dead:

Plus, I had little time to ask them questions since they were shutting down the office for the 4th of July.  I was the last person in the office!  :lol:

But... they looked up some info on their computer and determined that it would take another 6-9 months so that's the reason why they gave me a 1-year extension.  :whistle:   Hopefully, CSC speeds up and we get our Green Cards in 2-3 months!  :yes:

Happy 4th of July (or July 4th)!  :dance:

9bf7ba54-e7de-4997-93cf-a73cffab9cd7.jpg

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Timeline
13 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

Nope, they didn't explain why it may take 6-9 months!  :dead:

Plus, I had little time to ask them questions since they were shutting down the office for the 4th of July.  I was the last person in the office!  :lol:

But... they looked up some info on their computer and determined that it would take another 6-9 months so that's the reason why they gave me a 1-year extension.  :whistle:   Hopefully, CSC speeds up and we get our Green Cards in 2-3 months!  :yes:

Happy 4th of July (or July 4th)!  :dance:

9bf7ba54-e7de-4997-93cf-a73cffab9cd7.jpg

It just confirms that various reports that suggests it might take 1.5 years for CSC filers who applied after last July. I will keep you updated as I am going to an info pass in two weeks. Happy 4th again!

Edited by Zombie69

12 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

It just confirms that various reports that suggests it might take 1.5 years for CSC filers who applied after last July. I will keep you updated as I am going to an info pass in two weeks. Happy 4th again!

Hi guys, 

I filed in Jan 2017. I was checking to see if you had any approvals for this group of August 2016 filers.

These processing times are ridiculous. 

One year back it took 6-8 months for CSC and 12 months for VSC, now both are 12-14 months. 

I do not understand what is the issue with USCIS, why can't they increase staff?

Frustrating....

regards

Steve

Timeline
2 hours ago, Steve1986 said:

Hi guys, 

I filed in Jan 2017. I was checking to see if you had any approvals for this group of August 2016 filers.

These processing times are ridiculous. 

One year back it took 6-8 months for CSC and 12 months for VSC, now both are 12-14 months. 

I do not understand what is the issue with USCIS, why can't they increase staff?

Frustrating....

regards

Steve

Good luck, you are in for a very very long wait, welcome. The best thing to do is to be patient. None of July filers have been approved. For me, I am now focusing on 400 application which I will be able to apply by 7/31. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
3 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Good luck, you are in for a very very long wait, welcome. The best thing to do is to be patient. None of July filers have been approved. For me, I am now focusing on 400 application which I will be able to apply by 7/31. 

I'm new to this thread...I have to wait until end of 2018 to file I-751 but I was curious, can you file N-400 while I-751 is still processing?

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

I'm new to this thread...I have to wait until end of 2018 to file I-751 but I was curious, can you file N-400 while I-751 is still processing?

Yes, absolutely. The guidelines of USCIS adjudication say so, I will find the quote and post it for you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Yes, absolutely. The guidelines of USCIS adjudication say so, I will find the quote and post it for you. 

That would be great...thanks!

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Timeline
1 hour ago, Duncan21 said:

That would be great...thanks!

Here it is. Directly from USCIS. I also have confirmed it with my lawyer. 

2. Spouses with Pending Petitions and Naturalization Applications

An application for naturalization may not be approved if there is a pending petition for removal of conditions. If an applicant’s petition to remove conditions is pending at the time of filing or is filed prior to the interview, USCIS will adjudicate the petition to remove conditions prior to or concurrently with the adjudication of the naturalization application. [6] 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone!  This waiting and waiting is daunting as we know.  My I-797 receipt date is 8/02/16 and my 2yr GC expired on 08/20/16.  Am I covered until which date?  I am a full time college student paying Resident tuition and I am freaking out about my extension letter expiration before Fall semester begins on 08/21/17.  I have been trying to schedule an infopass appointment online for the last couple of week unsuccessfully.

Is there any specific number where I can call and schedule an infopass appointment?  I tried 1-800-375-5283 several times using the different options but I can't figure out how to dial the right one.

Also, this week I am putting together my documentation to apply for naturalization.

Thank you.

dAdjusting from F1

05/21/14 Package sent via FedEX

05/23/14 (day 1) Package delivered Chicago Lockbox 10:29am signed by J.Chyba

05/29/14 (day 6) emal/txt message NOA1

06/03/14 (day 11) paper NOA1 arrived in the mail

06/07/14 (day 15) Biometrics notice in the mail/ appointment June 19, 2:00pm

06/19/14 (day 27) Biometrics done

06/26/14 (day 34) email notification I-485 case status "Testing and Interview"

07/18/14 (day 56) email/txt notification Interview letter was sent on the mail. Interview date 08/20/14

07/21/14 (day 59) hard copy in the mail for AOS interview date

08/05/14 (day 74) email/txt notification EAD card is in production (59 days after Biometrics)

08/08/14 (day 77) email/txt notification EAD card has been mailed

08/09/14 (day 78) EAD in hand (4 days after "card production" notification)

08/20/14 (day 89) AOS Interview -APPROVED!!! 2 hrs after interview received text/email notification "card in production". 5 hrs after interview received text/email notification I-130 has been approved/notice of permanent resident status has been registered

08/28/14 (day 97) NOA2/Welcome to USA notice arrived in the mail

08/28/14 (day 97) email/txt notification Green Card has been mailed with tracking # -sent priority mail 2-Day

08/29/14 (day 98) GREEN CARD in hand delivered at 1:17pm . Yes it is green! :dance::D:dance::D:dance::D:dance:

RoC

08/01/16 I-751 sent via USPS Express Mail

08/02/16 (Day 1) Package delivery confirmation USPS 10:17am PDT

08/04/16 (Day 3) Check cashed

08/06/16 (Day 5) NOA I-797 Received on the mail dated 08/02/2016

09/20/16 (Day 50) 45 days after receiving NOA -1yr permit extension- I filed service request to inquire about Biometrics appointment letter

09/29/16 (Day 59) Biometrics appointment letter received dated 9/24/16

10/11/16 (Day 71) Biometrics completed. *Also, received on the mail response letter from previous service request filed with copy of Biometrics appointment letter.

11/11/17 (Day 466) Case Status changed to New Card Production

11/16/17 (Day 471) Case Status indicate  New Card being sent on the mail .:dance::dance::D:dance::dance::dance:

11/17/17 (Day 472) I-797  Notice of Removal of Condition being approved received in the mail.

11/20/17 (Day 475/15 months 18 days) New Lawful Permanent Resident arrived in the mail; card in hand at last! :dancing:

Timeline
1 hour ago, wavj said:

Hello everyone!  This waiting and waiting is daunting as we know.  My I-797 receipt date is 8/02/16 and my 2yr GC expired on 08/20/16.  Am I covered until which date?  I am a full time college student paying Resident tuition and I am freaking out about my extension letter expiration before Fall semester begins on 08/21/17.  I have been trying to schedule an infopass appointment online for the last couple of week unsuccessfully.

Is there any specific number where I can call and schedule an infopass appointment?  I tried 1-800-375-5283 several times using the different options but I can't figure out how to dial the right one.

Also, this week I am putting together my documentation to apply for naturalization.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, you have to keep trying on line, you can't make an appointment on the phone. You can also find other offices that are a bit further away from you. I have not been able to make an appointment with the Los Angeles office, I was able to make an appointment with the Santa Ana office which is about 1 hour drive. As long as you can get your passport stamped which they will, your conditional residency will be extended for another year, you will be ok.

Edited by Zombie69

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.