Murf & Reggie

I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I wonder if some if CSC pending applications would start to be transferred to VSC to balance the work load? None of July filers have been approved, very slow and frustrating, and yet we keep seeing VSC filers being approved left and right. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

It was available yesterday morning, and i was in a hurry to get to my spouse's Dr's appointment, i didn't make the appointment. And now i have not been able to make an appointment since, I guess you just have to keep trying.

I hope your hubby is okay!  :)  I guess the LA office is busy. :dead: 

You could travel to a different office near LA (such as San Diego) if there are no available spots at the LA office.  :idea:

My appointment is next Monday!  :dance:  Fingers crossed!  :yes:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Timeline
1 hour ago, AustinCanada said:

You could travel to a different office near LA (such as San Diego) if there are no available spots at the LA office.  :idea:

Thanks, buddy. My hubby is fine, it was just a routine check up. There is only one office available in Los Angeles area, don't think I would drive 2 hours to SD just for that. I will keep trying. As long as I get my 551 by 8/8, I will be ok. Hopefully, they will start moving to July filers soon..

Timeline
On 6/28/2017 at 9:16 PM, AustinCanada said:

Looks like CSC has stopped processing and VSC is going strong,lol.

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline
9 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Looks like CSC has stopped processing and VSC is going strong,lol.

Well, I'm not surprised since I've been so unlucky when it comes to the US immigration process!  :bonk:

One year ago, I thought I was lucky since my office was CSC; then, the processing time at CSC significantly slowed down!  :cry:

I guess I apply when tons of others are applying at the same time!  :rofl:   Oh, well.  :dead:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

Timeline
1 hour ago, AustinCanada said:

Well, I'm not surprised since I've been so unlucky when it comes to the US immigration process!  :bonk:

One year ago, I thought I was lucky since my office was CSC; then, the processing time at CSC significantly slowed down!  :cry:

I guess I apply when tons of others are applying at the same time!  :rofl:   Oh, well.  :dead:

It is amazing to see sometimes people can be such ####### here. I was criticized by some blogger who just recently got approved. He said I was selfish and I should not keep thinking about myself and he was even questioning if my marriage with Stan was real,lol. All because I was concerned about how CSC processes our applications. So i explained to him that my concern is personal because my husband is 89 years old, I want him to see me become a citizen, it will me so much to us,  and I told him we have been together for 20 years and could not get married until Prop 8 and Supreme Court's landmark ruling against DOMA.  Sometimes people can be so insensitive and such #######. Of course he was approved by VSC and as late June filier, but he felt the need to judge me and lecture me about being patient. What a #######. Hopefully, they will start approving July filers soon. 

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline

Been trying to make an info pass appointment to get my passport stamped, have not had luck on line. We only have one field office in Los Angeles area. 

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, AustinCanada said:

Ohh... Got you man, you are the reason for the slow processing from CSC. I pray now they transfer your case to VSC :rofl:  

Edited by Name O Boy

Timeline
9 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

It is amazing to see sometimes people can be such ####### here. I was criticized by some blogger who just recently got approved. He said I was selfish and I should not keep thinking about myself and he was even questioning if my marriage with Stan was real,lol. All because I was concerned about how CSC processes our applications. So i explained to him that my concern is personal because my husband is 89 years old, I want him to see me become a citizen, it will me so much to us,  and I told him we have been together for 20 years and could not get married until Prop 8 and Supreme Court's landmark ruling against DOMA.  Sometimes people can be so insensitive and such #######. Of course he was approved by VSC and as late June filier, but he felt the need to judge me and lecture me about being patient. What a #######. Hopefully, they will start approving July filers soon. 

I feel your concern since your hubby is 89 years old.  :star:  I hope you get approved ASAP (at least before me)!  :yes:

9 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

Ohh... Got you man, you are the reason for the slow processing from CSC. I pray now they transfer your case to VSC :rofl:  

It's my fault!  :rofl:  Sorry about that!  :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's almost like someone working for USCIS hates me and keeps delaying my (and other people's) case!  :bonk:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

Timeline
34 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

I feel your concern since your hubby is 89 years old.  :star:  I hope you get approved ASAP (at least before me)!  :yes:

It's my fault!  :rofl:  Sorry about that!  :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's almost like someone working for USCIS hates me and keeps delaying my (and other people's) case!  :bonk:

LOL, lots of strange people on this forum..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

For those who have done an infopass before,what did you had to bring to your infopass appointment inorder to get the I551 stamp?

A&J K1 visa Journey

Sent I-129F packet Sat-June 8,2013.

USCIS received 1-I29F Packet Wed-June 12,2013.

NOA1 Notification (email & text msg) and Notice Date Fri-June 14,2013.

Awaiting NOA1 hard copy in mail.................................

Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) On Thurs-June 20, 2013

NOA1 hard copy in the mail Fri-June 21,2013

I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) transferred from VSC to TSC On Fri-August 9, 2013

I129F,Petition for FIANCE(E) transfer and now being process at TSC Thur-August 15,2013

Receive Notice of Action Transfer (NOA-T) on Mon-August 19,2013

NOA2 Notification (Email) Wed-September 18,2013

NOA2 hard copy in the mail Tues-September 24,2013

I129F is shipped from USCIS to NVC Thurs-September 26,2013

NVC received approved I129F and assign case number Fri-October 4,2013

NVC shipped I129F to Embassy Wed-October 23,2013

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I am now eligible to apply for naturalization, so I will be sending my package tomorrow ^_^

I will keep you posted in case something changes. I actually could have sent the application last month but procrastinated a little bit :whistle:- busy with work and applying to graduate school.

Happy 4th of July! :jest:

I-751 August 2016 filer. 10-year Green card received on Aug 2017.

N-400 (Naturalization) July 2017 filer. Oath Ceremony: November 2nd 2017.

Details below.

NATURALIZATION (N-400):

Sent application to Lewisville, TX on 07/03/2017. Case received and check cashed on 07/11/2017. Biometrics: 08/03/2017. In Line for Interview: 09/05/2017. Interview scheduled: 09/18/17 (notice received 09/21/17). Interview date: 10/23/2017. Oath date: 11/02/2017. Passport received: 11/20/2017.

REMOVING OF CONDITIONS (I-751):

Vermont Service Center received package on Aug 18th 2016.

NOA 1 date: Aug 19th 2016 (received letter on Aug 24)

Biometrics date: Sept 23rd 2016

Approval Notice: Jul 24th 2017

Green Card Received: Aug 4th 2017

CR1 Visa / Green Card application (conditional residency):

USCIS:

-October 15, 2013- Sent I-130 (Priority Date: Oct 17 2013).

-October 25, 2013- NOA1 hard copy received (notice date: Oct 19, 2013). Processing at NBC.

-March 14, 2014- Transfer notice hard copy received (CSC).

-March 27, 2014- NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC:

-March 31, 2014- NVC received

-April 29, 2014- Case# and IIN assigned

-May 03, 2014- DS-261 submitted online.

-May 07, 2014- AOS bill invoiced and paid.

-May 12, 2014- Sent AOS package by DHL 

-May 12, 2014- IV bill invoiced and paid

-May 13, 2014- Sent IV package by DHL 

-May 14, 2014- DS-260 available and submitted.

-June 17, 2014- AOS documents accepted

-June 18, 2014- CASE COMPLETED! (No checklists!) 

-June 25, 2014- Interview scheduled!

US EMBASSY CARACAS:

-July 07, 2014- Medical appointment

-August 21, 2014- INTERVIEW -> Approved!

-August 29, 2014- Visa in Hand

-August 31, 2014- Port of Entry

-October 03, 2014- Green Card received (33 days after POE)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi All

Just came back from the infopass appointment. Here is my experience:

Date of Filing - 07/30/16

NOA 1 - 08/01/16

Biometrics - 08/31/16

Original GC expiration Date - 08/31/2016

Location of Infopass - Charlotte Field Office

Time : 8:30am

Documents seen: GC, Extension Letter and Passport

An olderly kind lady office at first mentioned that she will not be able to give me i551 stamp as I still have time until 08/31/2017. I showed her my driving license and explained that DMV and my employer both consider validity of the extension letter only upto 08/30/2017. She understood and gave me a stamp on my passport which shows Employment Authorisation until 07/02/2018. My original GC and 1 year extension letter was returned.

Few additional information shared:

- My case is still being reviewed at VSC, no decision has been taken yet

- It could take additional 2 to 3 months for them to decide

- She has no information if my background check has been completed as Local Office cannot access that information

- I asked her if an extreme cruelty waiver always require an interview? She said it depends on the officer reviewing at USCIS VSC

- My change of address AR-11 submission online is not reflected on their system, asked me to resubmit (A-number is mandatory field)

- As an immigrant I should be updating USCIS with my change of address everytime I change location until I become Citizen

Hope it helps! Good luck all :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
21 minutes ago, destinychild1 said:

Hi All

Just came back from the infopass appointment. Here is my experience:

Date of Filing - 07/30/16

NOA 1 - 08/01/16

Biometrics - 08/31/16

Original GC expiration Date - 08/31/2016

Location of Infopass - Charlotte Field Office

Time : 8:30am

Documents seen: GC, Extension Letter and Passport

An olderly kind lady office at first mentioned that she will not be able to give me i551 stamp as I still have time until 08/31/2017. I showed her my driving license and explained that DMV and my employer both consider validity of the extension letter only upto 08/30/2017. She understood and gave me a stamp on my passport which shows Employment Authorisation until 07/02/2018. My original GC and 1 year extension letter was returned.

Few additional information shared:

- My case is still being reviewed at VSC, no decision has been taken yet

- It could take additional 2 to 3 months for them to decide

- She has no information if my background check has been completed as Local Office cannot access that information

- I asked her if an extreme cruelty waiver always require an interview? She said it depends on the officer reviewing at USCIS VSC

- My change of address AR-11 submission online is not reflected on their system, asked me to resubmit (A-number is mandatory field)

- As an immigrant I should be updating USCIS with my change of address everytime I change location until I become Citizen

Hope it helps! Good luck all :)

Thanks for sharing such detailed information.Did you bring any additional documents that weren't ask for?did you have to bring passport photos?

A&J K1 visa Journey

Sent I-129F packet Sat-June 8,2013.

USCIS received 1-I29F Packet Wed-June 12,2013.

NOA1 Notification (email & text msg) and Notice Date Fri-June 14,2013.

Awaiting NOA1 hard copy in mail.................................

Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) On Thurs-June 20, 2013

NOA1 hard copy in the mail Fri-June 21,2013

I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) transferred from VSC to TSC On Fri-August 9, 2013

I129F,Petition for FIANCE(E) transfer and now being process at TSC Thur-August 15,2013

Receive Notice of Action Transfer (NOA-T) on Mon-August 19,2013

NOA2 Notification (Email) Wed-September 18,2013

NOA2 hard copy in the mail Tues-September 24,2013

I129F is shipped from USCIS to NVC Thurs-September 26,2013

NVC received approved I129F and assign case number Fri-October 4,2013

NVC shipped I129F to Embassy Wed-October 23,2013

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.