Murf & Reggie

I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
28 minutes ago, nightingalejules said:

Oh, no, that's not what I meant! There are lots of appointments. I meant I hope to be able to get the stamp in July, before our Canadian vacation.

Oh, I see!  :content:  I hope I get the stamp too since I may visit my friends in Vancouver, BC in July!  :star:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Regarding traveling after NOA expiration, this is pinned to the top of the ROC forum now:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/632906-traveling-on-extension-letter/

The link to the document on the CBP site is here:

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/travel-industry-personnel

If you click on the Carrier Information Guide link, page 38 specifically mentions the NOA: "A Conditional Resident with an expired Resident card (with a two-year expiration date) may be boarded if also in possession of a Notice of Action (Form I-797). The Notice of Action extends the validity of the card for a specified length of time, generally one year. The “Receipt Date” of the form has no effect on the validity of the card."

Since it's actually in writing on the CBP site, we're banking on it being true, and we will be away when my husband's NOA expires in August. I'll let you all know if we get stuck. :P But we'll be coming home by car from Canada and we'll be interacting directly with CBP, so I feel more confident than if we had to go through an airline, even though the guide above is what the airlines are supposed to be following.

Edited by Melibelle

AOS from TN (I'm the petitioner)

05-14-14: Married!

05-22-14: (Day 00) - AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-131/I-765) overnighted to Chicago

05-23-14: (Day 01) - Package delivered and signed for by J.C.

05-30-14: (Day 08) - Email/text notifications received at 12:24am

06-05-14: (Day 14) - NOAs received in the mail

06-07-14: (Day 16) - Biometrics appointment received in the mail

06-20-14: (Day 29) - Biometrics complete as scheduled

06-26-14: (Day 35) - Received text that I-485 was moved to "Testing and Interview" stage

08-12-14: (Day 82) - EAD/AP card in production

08-20-14: (Day 90) - EAD/AP card arrived

08-27-14: (Day 97) - Received email for interview October 3rd

08-29-14: (Day 99) - NOA2 for interview received in the mail

10-03-14: (Day 134) - Interview at Federal Plaza - APPROVED! Card in Production email 20 minutes later!

10-09-14: (Day 140) - Received email that card was mailed

10-10-14: (Day 141) - Green card, Welcome to the US notice, and approval of I-130 received in the mail

ROC

08-02-16: Mailed ROC package to VSC

08-09-16: Check cashed

08-12-16: Received NOA dated 8-5

08-26-16: Received biometrics appointment for 9/8/16

07-13-17: New card is being produced!

23 hours ago, Yobizkit2004 said:

So Still nobody knows if is it Ok to file N400 while Remove in Pending??? I just saw opinions and opinions..I am curious if someone filled and everything was Ok

Yes it is ok to file while ROC is pending. No one in this forum would have gone through that process yet, as most of us can start applying for N400 in June, July, or August. Might want to check with Naturalization or in previous I751 forums if you would like personal stories.

On 6/20/2017 at 10:43 PM, AustinCanada said:

I've just made an InfoPass appointment at the Seattle office in July!  :dance:

I called USCIS last month and talked to an immigration officer.  :yes:   He suggested that I make an InfoPass appointment!  :idea:

I hope I get a stamp in my passport!  :star:  Fingers crossed!  :thumbs:

I'll see you there! B-)

Hopefully we both get stamps and can put it in the rear view for another couple months!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 6/21/2017 at 9:05 AM, Yobizkit2004 said:

So Still nobody knows if is it Ok to file N400 while Remove in Pending??? I just saw opinions and opinions..I am curious if someone filled and everything was Ok

Yes. Here is the direct quote from USCIS' guidelines. "

2. Spouses with Pending Petitions and Naturalization Applications

An application for naturalization may not be approved if there is a pending petition for removal of conditions. If an applicant’s petition to remove conditions is pending at the time of filing or is filed prior to the interview, USCIS will adjudicate the petition to remove conditions prior to or concurrently with the adjudication of the naturalization application. [6] "

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

So I made an infopass appointment for today at San Francisco´s field office, in order to try to get the i-551 stamp on my passport.

I will be travelling to Spain a whole month (mid July to mid August) and I was worried about having issues at the POE upon my return.

The USCIS people told me that I don´t need it, even if I get approved during my absence. The one year extension letter refers to the GC date of expiration (plus one more year), not the NOA´s receipt date, as many of you have already pointed out.

For those who are thinking of getting the stamp, good luck!! I think it will rely on the official´s believe rather than an harmonized criteria.

I-751 ROC
2016-08-31 I-751 form sent to USCIS
2016-09-02 NOA 1
2016-10-13 Biometrics appointment

N-400

2017-08-31 Filed N-400 online

2017-08-31 Receipt Notice

2017-09-18 Biometrics Appointment

VJ Name: JenIK 

Here is my timeline, since I entered USA:
I entered US in August 2014. I received conditional permanent resident card (Green card) by Septemeber 2017. I received my SSN by September or October 2014. I returned my green card because of typo error. I got the new one after 2-3 months. Then, next step was to wait for the letter regarding for removal of conditional status. So we waited until June or July 2016 (before my 2nd year in the USA) I received a letter and list of requirements (documents/evidence) to apply for removal of conditional. We submitted all the requirements that will prove our good marriage together with the check (where the exact amount needed for the process of removal). They will return if you send the evidence and check separately. It happened to us so it caused us one or two weeks delayed, closed to my 2nd year anniversary August 2016. After this, I received a letter of one year extension (for employment and travel). So every time I presented my expired 2-year green card I had to show the letter of extension. Then, I received a letter for my biometric and interview schedule in Chicago. And now, I'm waiting for my 10-year green card now. Or should I supposed be waiting now? Hopefully, I'll receive it in August 2017 before my extension expires.

What should I do next? Should I just relax and wait for the card? Or did I miss a step that I need to do? Please let me know ASAP. I only have more than 30 days to stay here for employment and travel according to my extension letter. I am worried. Is biometric different from interview. They also asked me there questions there. I remember I was sitting and the lady was typing my answer and had my fingerprints. I wonder because it was the same day I did my fingerprints and interview. Is this correct? Or did I miss something?

On 6/23/2017 at 9:47 PM, JenIK said:

VJ Name: JenIK 

Here is my timeline, since I entered USA:
I entered US in August 2014. I received conditional permanent resident card (Green card) by Septemeber 2017. I received my SSN by September or October 2014. I returned my green card because of typo error. I got the new one after 2-3 months. Then, next step was to wait for the letter regarding for removal of conditional status. So we waited until June or July 2016 (before my 2nd year in the USA) I received a letter and list of requirements (documents/evidence) to apply for removal of conditional. We submitted all the requirements that will prove our good marriage together with the check (where the exact amount needed for the process of removal). They will return if you send the evidence and check separately. It happened to us so it caused us one or two weeks delayed, closed to my 2nd year anniversary August 2016. After this, I received a letter of one year extension (for employment and travel). So every time I presented my expired 2-year green card I had to show the letter of extension. Then, I received a letter for my biometric and interview schedule in Chicago. And now, I'm waiting for my 10-year green card now. Or should I supposed be waiting now? Hopefully, I'll receive it in August 2017 before my extension expires.

What should I do next? Should I just relax and wait for the card? Or did I miss a step that I need to do? Please let me know ASAP. I only have more than 30 days to stay here for employment and travel according to my extension letter. I am worried. Is biometric different from interview. They also asked me there questions there. I remember I was sitting and the lady was typing my answer and had my fingerprints. I wonder because it was the same day I did my fingerprints and interview. Is this correct? Or did I miss something?

No, you're good... it's just that they've fallen very far behind in processing. USCIS phone operators are now saying it could take between 18-24 months (!?) to be processed. (although to be honest, most people are still getting processed and getting either an approval or RFE right around the year mark.

It is reasonably likely that you will want to extend your extension (to have proof of your status) by making an InfoPass appointment at your local USCIS office to get a stamp in your passport that should provide another year's proof of your status, and give you the ability to travel out of the country until your petition is approved.

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Made my infopass appointment online this morning. I have noticed that the appointments book up fast so I have been looking late at night (just after midnight) and early in the morning (5am ish), yesterday there was nothing, today around 5am, one whole day opened up with 15 minute slots.

I took Monday July 10th at 08:30am, my GC exp is 8/12/16, so I am almost 30 days from it, and my ROC receipt is dated 8/11/16, I hoping that it's close enough that I'll just get the stamp without issues. I needed to take this appt, because who knows when more with open up, I don't want to cut it too closely. 

I have to work the night before and I get off at 07:30am, so I figured an hour after isn't cutting it too close, the center is probably only 15 minutes from my work anyhow. Well fingers crossed, hope they don't mind me showing up disheveled, decaffinated and in scrubs haha! :jest:

ROC :bonk:
Filed I-751 08/10/16;
NOA1 08/12/16;
Biometrics 10/13/16;
Finally Divorced 02/2017;
Divorcee Waiver filed 04/2017;
I-551 Stamp 07/10/2017
Approved 12/12/2017! 16 months 2 days later!!!!!! :)

8 hours ago, nightingalejules said:

No, you're good... it's just that they've fallen very far behind in processing. USCIS phone operators are now saying it could take between 18-24 months (!?) to be processed. (although to be honest, most people are still getting processed and getting either an approval or RFE right around the year mark.

It is reasonably likely that you will want to extend your extension (to have proof of your status) by making an InfoPass appointment at your local USCIS office to get a stamp in your passport that should provide another year's proof of your status, and give you the ability to travel out of the country until your petition is approved.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. IT REALLY HELPS ME. :D

26 minutes ago, JenIK said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH. IT REALLY HELPS ME. :D

Where and how to apply for InfoPass? Thank you in advance.

3 hours ago, DeenieRN said:

Made my infopass appointment online this morning. I have noticed that the appointments book up fast so I have been looking late at night (just after midnight) and early in the morning (5am ish), yesterday there was nothing, today around 5am, one whole day opened up with 15 minute slots.

I took Monday July 10th at 08:30am, my GC exp is 8/12/16, so I am almost 30 days from it, and my ROC receipt is dated 8/11/16, I hoping that it's close enough that I'll just get the stamp without issues. I needed to take this appt, because who knows when more with open up, I don't want to cut it too closely. 

I have to work the night before and I get off at 07:30am, so I figured an hour after isn't cutting it too close, the center is probably only 15 minutes from my work anyhow. Well fingers crossed, hope they don't mind me showing up disheveled, decaffinated and in scrubs haha! :jest:

Thanks for sharing. Where and how to apply for InfoPass? Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, JenIK said:

Where and how to apply for InfoPass? Thank you in advance.

Thanks for sharing. Where and how to apply for InfoPass? Thank you in advance.

https://my.uscis.gov/appointment

Go to the link and enter your zip code. The nearest office will pop up and you can select from open appointments. Note that appointments only open up 14 days in advance, so new ones are posted daily. For some locations it might be tricky to get an appointment so you might need to check a few times (early morning/late evening is supposed to be best).

16 minutes ago, GreatDane said:

Go to the link and enter your zip code. The nearest office will pop up and you can select from open appointments. Note that appointments only open up 14 days in advance, so new ones are posted daily. For some locations it might be tricky to get an appointment so you might need to check a few times (early morning/late evening is supposed to be best).

Thank you :D

2 hours ago, GreatDane said:

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 6/26/2017 at 10:31 AM, JenIK said:

Thank you.

It was available yesterday morning, and i was in a hurry to get to my spouse's Dr's appointment, i didn't make the appointment. And now i have not been able to make an appointment since, I guess you just have to keep trying.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.