I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
21 minutes ago, LAstategal said:

The updates are for March 31st

That is for the California Field office according to the website 

4 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

March 31st? So what is the June 7th date?

According to the website USCIS VSC is processing for April 4th 2016 as of March 31st 2017.

CSC is processing for June 7th 2016 as of March 31st 2017. Look up the report.

8/9/13 Got married.
8/25/14 Filed I-130, I-485, I-765
8/26/14 Delivered to Chicago lock box,singed by JC day 1
8/29/14 Checks cashed/Received email/text NOA day 4
9/4/14 Received hard copies of NOA1 day 10
9/11/14 Received Biometrics appointment letter day 17
9/25/14 Biometrics appointment not done due to ASC facility closure day 31
9/26/14 Biometrics done day 32
10/7/14 I-485 notification, moved to Testing and Interview day 42
10/10/14 I-765 EAD moved to production day 45
10/16/14 EAD delivered day 51
10/20/14 Interview schedule received day 55.
10/22/14 Updated interview schedule delivered with accurate interview location day 57
11/18/14 Interview day 84 (Approved!!!!)
11/20/14 Received the email approval/welcome notice was mailed notification for 130 and 485, day 86
11/26/14 Received GC, day 92
.....ROC in 2016.....
8/20/16 I-751 sent to VSC
8/22/16 I-751 package delivered to VSC
9/10/16 Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
9/22/16 Biometrics completed successfully

7/17/17 I - 797 NOA2 received with approval. New Status IR6 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, LAstategal said:

According to the website USCIS VSC is processing for April 4th 2016 as of March 31st 2017.

CSC is processing for June 7th 2016 as of March 31st 2017. Look up the report.

Ah....i see, I have been misreading the chart. So as of today, they might be processing cases in July for CSC, and May for VSC, field office speaking..

3 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Ah....i see, I have been misreading the chart. So as of today, they might be processing cases in July for CSC, and May for VSC, field office speaking..

Well according to the stats from this forum, probably from timelines of members, the CSC are working on June 30th and VSC the middle of April but the stats on visajourney can only project the people on here who fill in timelines and obviously there are thousands of people doing ROC that aren't members of visajourney, however I do feel the processing times on here are quite accurate from the data collated.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, shell20 said:

Well according to the stats from this forum, probably from timelines of members, the CSC are working on June 30th and VSC the middle of April but the stats on visajourney can only project the people on here who fill in timelines and obviously there are thousands of people doing ROC that aren't members of visajourney, however I do feel the processing times on here are quite accurate from the data collated.

So 10 to 12 months processing times I guess. What is your guess? Usually, VSC always takes a bit longer, but I think this year might not be the case, maybe a year 

10 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

So 10 to 12 months processing times I guess. What is your guess? Usually, VSC always takes a bit longer, but I think this year might not be the case, maybe a year 

I dread to guess, but I would say average this year will be 10 - 12 months too, however there is always the exception some poor guy has been waiting 25 months with nothing.  Should be a law where there is  a time limit or you get your fee back. I've also seen someone get their card within a few months, but they had an interview and again the exception. Right now its around 11-12 months, its either going to slow down or speed up.  CSC seem to have slowed down, but they normally speed up and when they do they do it in style. Its Vermont that seem to be slow, slow stop and its been like that for years from what I can gather.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, shell20 said:

I dread to guess, but I would say average this year will be 10 - 12 months too, however there is always the exception some poor guy has been waiting 25 months with nothing.  Should be a law where there is  a time limit or you get your fee back. I've also seen someone get their card within a few months, but they had an interview and again the exception. Right now its around 11-12 months, its either going to slow down or speed up.  CSC seem to have slowed down, but they normally speed up and when they do they do it in style. Its Vermont that seem to be slow, slow stop and its been like that for years from what I can gather.

Yes, it is frustrating. There is really nothing much we can do. I very often assume the worst as if it is going to take 1.5 years and anything before that would be a pleasant surprise..

Csc didn t move at ll As of end or April they re still processing June 7th the samr dat they were processing at end of March...What is going on????

4 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Yes, it is frustrating. There is really nothing much we can do. I very often assume the worst as if it is going to take 1.5 years and anything before that would be a pleasant surprise..

well I know I will get on my life and go for N400 when the window opens, it will keep me occupied if nothing else!

2 minutes ago, Yobizkit2004 said:

Csc didn t move at ll As of end or April they re still processing June 7th the samr dat they were processing at end of March...What is going on????

No one knows, I doubt its going to change until next month, however don't panic as according to statistics from the timelines on here, CSC are actually processing some applications dated June 30th, so there is movement. Remember that is March statistics and we are now in May, soon to be June.

Timeline
Just now, shell20 said:

well I know I will get on my life and go for N400 when the window opens, it will keep me occupied if nothing else!

Just I have to keep waiting, my lawer doesn't seem to encourage the idea of applying 400 when 751 is pending, I will ask her again 

Just now, Zombie69 said:

Just I have to keep waiting, my lawer doesn't seem to encourage the idea of applying 400 when 751 is pending, I will ask her again 

There should not be anything to stop you from doing that, there are guidelines on the USCIS website that state that you are allowed too, as long as you are still married to the USC if that is how you adjusted status? If not then its a five year wait, rather than the three years. However they say three years but its three years from your conditional GC and not your marriage. Had that been the case I would have been able to apply for it now as I have been married 3 years, celebrated our 3rd anniversary yesterday!

Timeline
23 minutes ago, shell20 said:

There should not be anything to stop you from doing that, there are guidelines on the USCIS website that state that you are allowed too, as long as you are still married to the USC if that is how you adjusted status? If not then its a five year wait, rather than the three years. However they say three years but its three years from your conditional GC and not your marriage. Had that been the case I would have been able to apply for it now as I have been married 3 years, celebrated our 3rd anniversary yesterday!

I have talked about this topic to death with other applicants here. Yes, I got my CG through marriage, and I will be eligible to apply for N400 at the beginning of August. The thing is I know many bloggers here say one can go ahead and apply for 400 even though 751 is pending, the advantage if(IF there is any) is to get the ball rolling so one will be in line for the interview. I emailed my lawyer a while ago about this, she told me something very simple, they simply won't approve your 400 until 751 is approved no matter what, that is why I was saying she doesn't seem to advise me to do so. However, if the interview is available and your 751 is still pending, do they turn you away? Or do they just finish the civil test and just wait for one to inform the the approval of 751. I have heard mixed information as to what happens if that is the case. I just have this feeling that if the interview is available, and one is still waiting for 751 to be approved, mostly likely they won't do anything until one gets the 10 year green card. Maybe my lawyer was being conservative. An USCIS officer told me yes, i can apply when it is my time but there's no advantage to it. Most people here who want to do that is take a chance to see if there's an advantage to it, but my lawyer(very experienced one, she got my 601 waiver and everything else approved) seems to want to play it by the rules rather than taking a chance and depend on this notion of "You've got nothing to lose". So i will ask here again if I am in that situation.

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline
30 minutes ago, shell20 said:

No one knows, I doubt its going to change until next month, however don't panic as according to statistics from the timelines on here, CSC are actually processing some applications dated June 30th, so there is movement. Remember that is March statistics and we are now in May, soon to be June.

You are probably right. I filed my last August 4th, so it has always been 10 months, 2 more months to go before it reaches one year mark. We shall see.

Timeline
1 hour ago, shell20 said:

So our applications will eventually end up in field offices? Do you know?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.