Murf & Reggie

I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 hours ago, VoiceOfReason said:

Let me say this before I start, I don't mean to downplay anyone's situation or frustration, waiting can be frustrating, I've been in this great country for 17 years and finally close to getting naturalized and the process is long and frustrating at times but it's worth it and I'm proud to say I did it all the right way and legally and I don't regret any of it one bit and I don't complain because I've seen the rest of the world. People tend to forget some rights we take for granted here can get you killed in other parts of the world. I've seen this sense of entitlement getting worse over the years. Before you take to your torches and pitchforks realize no one is forcing us to become a citizen, this country doesn't owe any of us anything, we're free to go to some other country that'll treat us better. Please do not disrespect the laws and processes of the country you so desperately want to become a citizen of even before you become one. End rant.

Trust me, I have been very grateful for what this country has offered me, I had to apply for 601 waiver just to take care of my two petty minor misdemeanors that rendered me as inadmissible, and this country gave me a chance, I was able to prove that I am a good moral character and i was able to obtain my conditional green card. However, being a LGBT person, it wasn't our fault that we could not get married until 2013 when Supreme Court gut Defense of Marriage Act that allowed LGBT people to receive federal benefits, and also we were able to get married after Prop 8 was tossed out by SCOTUS as well, but I didn't complain, we played by the rules and we are waiting in line like everybody else, but my spouse is already 89 years old, and we have been together for 20 years and could not get married until 4 years ago, is it our fault? NO, it was the society and public's view on homosexuality that were reflected on policies and laws that discriminated us from doing so, but I am very grateful now that this country has marriage equality nationwide. I want my husband to see me become a citizen but he is already 89 while we have been patiently waiting for 751 to be approved. We don't take anything for granted, but we have come this far and I believe have earned it by playing by the rules like everyone else. But it is understandable if people complain, that doesn't mean they take things for granted, it is just voice and frustrations due to our broken and inefficient immigration system, and there's also fear of what this administration can do to immigrants like us that you need to take into consideration. Sense of "entitlement"? I don't know if you are a Republican or a Trump supporter, but many Republicans talk this way about the "entitlement".  I do have a problem with people who support this administration and president, they have been proven a dangerous White House that is dismantling the government and reversing everything Obama did out of personal and political vendetta in the expense of all Americans and even legal residents. Trump was elected into office, that is what Americans people want, but his anti immigration stance and lies scare immigrants like us. Quite frankly, I don't understand how any immigrant would support a president who thinks of himself as a dictator who hates immigrants and constantly lies and listens to whatever Steven Bannon tells him. Anyway, don't mean to drift into politics, I am just saying that it is ok if people are frustrated after waiting months and months and still don't hear from USCIS, it is human nature and it has nothing to do with entitlement or anything else. Thanks for letting me rant as well. I hope we will get approved soon. 

Edited by Zombie69

5 hours ago, VoiceOfReason said:

Let me say this before I start, I don't mean to downplay anyone's situation or frustration, waiting can be frustrating, I've been in this great country for 17 years and finally close to getting naturalized and the process is long and frustrating at times but it's worth it and I'm proud to say I did it all the right way and legally and I don't regret any of it one bit and I don't complain because I've seen the rest of the world. People tend to forget some rights we take for granted here can get you killed in other parts of the world. I've seen this sense of entitlement getting worse over the years. Before you take to your torches and pitchforks realize no one is forcing us to become a citizen, this country doesn't owe any of us anything, we're free to go to some other country that'll treat us better. Please do not disrespect the laws and processes of the country you so desperately want to become a citizen of even before you become one. End rant.

I don't think anybody here is disrespecting law and processes but you need to remember that we pay a lot of money for those applications to be processed so don't be surprise that people are frustrated. 

10 hours ago, akjclr81 said:

I know my card is expired, but that fact hasn't brought any problem in my daily life. I live here, I work here, and everything seems fine to me. I am in ROC status, and I am safe, right?
If my current status allows me to stay here legally, why should I be concerned? 

Yes, you are in status and "safe". However, depending on where you live, some people are less so. USCIS' procedures are misunderstood and unclear, and as a result, large numbers of people are having difficulty renewing drivers' licenses, denied mortgages, and having to jump through hoops to prove that they are eligible to work. Having to go to your "local office" to get an I-551 stamp means, for many people, giving up a day's worth of work (and income) and paying to travel several hours away to the closest city with an office, when it would surely be possible for USCIS to generate a new letter of extension to anyone whose application passes the year extension.

If everyone were in the situation you (and I) are in, the long wait times would be merely a nuisance. But for many of the applicants, their lack of a valid physical green card is (or will become) actually a hardship and they're feeling worried and anxious.

7 hours ago, VoiceOfReason said:

Please do not disrespect the laws and processes of the country you so desperately want to become a citizen of even before you become one.

I don't believe anyone here disrespects the laws or processes of this country (although some of us don't want to become a citizen at all, much less "desperately" - being a legal permanent resident with a 10 year card is an end in itself for many). We have followed all the rules, just like you did, and paid all our fees, and are, in fact, entitled to certain rights and privileges as legal permanent residents... and for some of us, those rights and privileges are being restricted due to slow processing. 

We are not, overall, disrespectful of anything. We are frustrated and anxious because we are not receiving the service we've paid for, and there is no way even to see where we are "in line". So sometimes we vent these frustrations here at VJ, just as you did. 

If you (who are not at the same stage of this process as we are and are not waiting for a card which, in its absence, may cause you to lose your driver's license or your job or your ability to travel) are upset by the tone of this thread, feel free not to read it.

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just called USCIS since I have filled out the AR-11 online form to change my address, but I'm still waiting for a confirmation letter.  :bonk:

According to them, they sent me a confirmation letter.  Well, I haven't received it yet.  :cry:

Anyway, they were able to confirm my new address on the phone so I don't need the letter, I guess.  :whistle:

They told me that they were currently processing cases on June 17, 2016 at CSC.  <_<

I hope they finish the June cases next week and start processing July cases!  Fingers crossed!  :star:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Timeline
8 hours ago, VoiceOfReason said:

Before you take to your torches and pitchforks realize no one is forcing us to become a citizen, this country doesn't owe any of us anything, we're free to go to some other country that'll treat us better. Please do not disrespect the laws and processes of the country you so desperately want to become a citizen of even before you become one. End rant.

Something tells me that you meant to post this on one of the citizenship (N-400) filers groups!  :oops:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I'm not quoting anyone because my post was based on the general sentiment of this thread and not picking on anyone, some of you obviously chose to make it personal, no skin off my nose. I read all the responses to my post and empathize with those to whom this is a hardship and respect everyone's right to an opinion. I'm also not affiliated with any political party, I merely say it as it is and will never apologize for that, if you feel offended that's your problem. I don't complain unless I have done something to change the situation I'm complaining about. A lot of people just complain and expect someone else to affect change and that is what i consider entitlement. Our president is not perfect and neither were any of his predecessors, they're all just human, some more mature than the rest. Trump doesn't scare me and neither should he anyone else because I think the majority of the people in this country still believe in the founding principles that makes this country great. I'm sure the people who work at USCIS are doing everything they can to do their jobs the best they can, frustration is not going to help anyone's case go any faster, then again that's my opinion. This will be the last post related to my unsolicited opinion. I'll post here if I get my 10 year green card. Good luck to you all.

Timeline

I just talked to an immigration officer after talking with a call center agent from USCIS (since the call center agent transferred me to the immigration officer).  :star:

According to him, they have extended my status for one year from the expiration date of my 2-year Green Card.  :whistle:

He suggested that I make an InfoPass appointment in July if I don't have my 10-year Green Card since the process could take 1-2 years.  :(

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

Timeline
2 hours ago, VoiceOfReason said:

I'm not quoting anyone because my post was based on the general sentiment of this thread and not picking on anyone, some of you obviously chose to make it personal, no skin off my nose. I read all the responses to my post and empathize with those to whom this is a hardship and respect everyone's right to an opinion. I'm also not affiliated with any political party, I merely say it as it is and will never apologize for that, if you feel offended that's your problem. I don't complain unless I have done something to change the situation I'm complaining about. A lot of people just complain and expect someone else to affect change and that is what i consider entitlement. Our president is not perfect and neither were any of his predecessors, they're all just human, some more mature than the rest. Trump doesn't scare me and neither should he anyone else because I think the majority of the people in this country still believe in the founding principles that makes this country great. I'm sure the people who work at USCIS are doing everything they can to do their jobs the best they can, frustration is not going to help anyone's case go any faster, then again that's my opinion. This will be the last post related to my unsolicited opinion. I'll post here if I get my 10 year green card. Good luck to you all.

False equivalency. Trump is unlike any predecessors we have ever seen before. We are humans, yes, that is why we need to tell the truth. From firing FBI director to immigration ban to threatening Comey to rolling back everything Obama did and his reckless behavior of lying and tweeting, as a immigrant who will register as a Democrat, I rather have Mitt Romney as the president. You certainly sound like a Trump supporter who is afraid of admitting your obvious political affiliation, but you are allowed to be a Trump supporter, this is America. I just hope you can be more sensitive as to why people are frustrated about the process of 751 processing. No one here is taking anything for granted. Just human nature.

3 hours ago, nightingalejules said:

If everyone were in the situation you (and I) are in, the long wait times would be merely a nuisance. But for many of the applicants, their lack of a valid physical green card is (or will become) actually a hardship and they're feeling worried and anxious.

Fair enough. Thanks for your explanation!

12-10-2013 K1 Visa Approved
01-15-2014 POE
01-23-2014 Wedding
02-07-2014 Filed AOS, EAD and AP
02-12-2014 NOA for AOS, EAD and AP
02-20-2014 Biometrics Appt. Letter for 03/07/2014
03-07-2014 Biometrics Appt. Successfully done
04-14-2014 EAD Card production
04-15-2014 AP approved. Notice sent.
04-17-2014 EAD Card was mailed
04-17-2014 (one hour later) USPS picked up card
04-22-2014 EAD Card/AP documents in hand!
06-05-2014 Notice of potential interview waiver received.
11-24-2014 GC Update: Card/Document production
12-01-2014 I-797 Notice of Action/Welcome Letter Received!
12-03-2014 GC received!!!

08/29/2016 Filed Remove of Conditional status
08/31/2016 Received NOA for ROC

02/23/2018 Lifting conditions approved. Card being ordered

03/02/2018 GC received.

Local Office: Milwaukee, WI

Timeline

Trump admin is appointing an anti immigrant personnel to run the USCIS' division of problem countering department. Is it going to affect us and future 400 application? Be very worried. http://m.dailykos.com/stories/1661718

Timeline
5 hours ago, VoiceOfReason said:

Trump should scare all Americans. What do you think about him appointing an anti immigrant person to run the USCIS? Trump should outrage all Americans. The majority of Americans are outraged by Trump and only his vase will defend him even if he shoots someone as he claimed in one of his nasty rallies. We should all be scared and outraged by Trump and right to protect ourselves. It is amazing that you are willing to normalize this president when he really hates immigrants like you. Let's wait to get our 751 approved and apply for 400 and become citizens and you can all help to vote this ####### out of office in 2020 if he does not get impeached before that. Good luck and be aware of what Trump is doing to immigrants.

Timeline
8 hours ago, AustinCanada said:

I just talked to an immigration officer after talking with a call center agent from USCIS (since the call center agent transferred me to the immigration officer).  :star:

According to him, they have extended my status for one year from the expiration date of my 2-year Green Card.  :whistle:

He suggested that I make an InfoPass appointment in July if I don't have my 10-year Green Card since the process could take 1-2 years.  :(

1 to 2 years?? Oh god, that confirms what my lawyer said about the worst case scenario..

Timeline
10 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

1 to 2 years?? Oh god, that confirms what my lawyer said about the worst case scenario..

It's not good news!  :bonk::bonk::bonk:

But.. the call center agent told me that they were processing cases they received on June 17, 2016 so they should be able to start processing ours soon!  Fingers crossed!  :yes:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

Timeline
8 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

It's not good news!  :bonk::bonk::bonk:

But.. the call center agent told me that they were processing cases they received on June 17, 2016 so they should be able to start processing ours soon!  Fingers crossed!  :yes:

So you talked to the immigration agent on the phone? June 17th? So the upcoming update will probably say June 17th you think?

Timeline
Just now, Zombie69 said:

So you talked to the immigration agent on the phone? June 17th? So the upcoming update will probably say June 17th you think?

When I was applying for I-130, I got slightly different information every time I talked to a different agent or immigration officer so nobody can really predict how they work and how fast they process cases.  :dead:

I hope I don't have to make an InfoPass appointment.  Fingers crossed!  :no:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.