Murf & Reggie

I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Scazy said:

That Is a perfect example of paranoia. No, ICE would not "snatch" your wife and deny her entry just to "meet Presidental quotas". As long as your wife have not commited a crime that would make her inadmissible ( based on the laws created before current President), and traveling with a valid travel documents - the worse thing that can happen is to wait while travel agents or CBP   check her documents / their guidelines. I personally don't experience any "agony" at 45 mis ( which is nothing, as she not alone at secondary ) secondary inspection as I know I'm traveling in a valid status and with a valid documents, have not commited crimes,  and have a rights as a pearmament resident. If you want to keep a paranoia going instead of making plans which hotel you want to book at Europe or which restaurant to have a dinner at, please find me any case where LPR was denied entry by CBP due to not recognizing a stamp, thank you.  

P.S hope nobody would change travel plans for 1,5 years and up during ROC as its significant time to put your life on a pause while it's not even needed. Have a knowledge, be prepared ( for extra timing) and enjoy your travel 

It looks like you just got your I551 and haven't travelled outside the US without a valid GC or the I551 stamp. The experience, for us, was different. I have no green card whatsoever to scan or show as proof. My issue was with the airline secondary or a joint program with CBP/airport (not sure). Whether it's 15 or 45 minutes, it's a long time to be stressed out on when and how you'll come back. As far as CBP goes, without a scannable GC, you can't go through CBP together. Not technically. We did the last time but since there's nothing to scan, any secondary is done alone. They even needed separate declarations. (At least that's what happened last time) 

Someone else's experiences and choices don't have to affect you but you don't have to belittle and attack others. Everyone's experiences are valid.

35 minutes ago, GreatDane said:

It looks like you just got your I551 and haven't travelled outside the US without a valid GC or the I551 stamp. The experience, for us, was different. I have no green card whatsoever to scan or show as proof. My issue was with the airline secondary or a joint program with CBP/airport (not sure). Whether it's 15 or 45 minutes, it's a long time to be stressed out on when and how you'll come back. As far as CBP goes, without a scannable GC, you can't go through CBP together. Not technically. We did the last time but since there's nothing to scan, any secondary is done alone. They even needed separate declarations. (At least that's what happened last time) 

Someone else's experiences and choices don't have to affect you but you don't have to belittle and attack others. Everyone's experiences are valid.

And so what? You still got admitted to the country correct? I refer to this again: your original post clearly stated that there is a chance ( you even gave exact number possibility) not to be admitted by the officer ( your words, and by officer means  CBP, not travel agents) - and I keep telling you, it's wrong. And I keep asking you to find me a cases where LPR was not admitted by officer with a valid stamp. And I keep asking you not to spread panic even if that was a traumatizing experience for you to to wait on secondary. At other side, I'm saying that anyone might end up at the secondary, even with a valid GC, even if they have to wait 29-49-whatever minutes, but as long as they travel with valid documents ( such as 551 stamp) and did not picked up inadmissible charges, they will be admitted.

Edited by Scazy

51 minutes ago, GreatDane said:

No - you're totally fine. I never had an issue with Canada. It was the airlines and maybe a CBP abroad program with the airport. Going to and from Canada is always a breeze. With no green card, they give a second looks but that's it.

Are you heading to the Christmas market?! 

Well guys I'm in Canada right now with a I-551 stamp ( I got 2 hours late to the info pass and I got it 12/12) I've been here for a week so I'm coming back tomorrow. I will let you know how everything goes through immigration.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, GreatDane said:

Can you explain what you mean by -" separate declaration"  did he have to sign some thing?

------------------------

17 APRIL 2013 : NOA1 Priority date
27 NOV: TSC; Transfered from NBC

3 Feb : NOA2 ( 296 days)

4 March: Shipped to NVC

11 March : Received at NVC

11 April: Case # assigned

18 April: paid both fees

9May: mailed AOS & IV packages

8May: DS260 completed

16May: packets scanned in NVC system

13 June: check list : missing page 7 of i864.

25 June : scan date AOS checklist

7 Aug: Case Complete...... BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT

14 Aug: interview date assigned

16 Aug: Email interview appointment received

18 Aug: Medical completed

23 Aug: biometric done,DS260 stamped, fingerprints taken.

10 Sep: interview day; interview took 511 days from I-130 NOA1

====================================================

11. 9/17/2016: I-751 packet received by CSC

12.Check Cashed : 9/21/2016

13. NOA1: 9/23/2016

14. BIOMETRICS : 10/12/2016

---------------------------

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

It would be interesting as to what the next USCIS real update will be. I would be happy to see 8/15 or even a later date :jest::jest: :jest:

The 1st person on this thread (NOA: 8/1) was approved on 11/11. Common USCIS you can do better than this. :blink:

05-18 Got Married in Mumbai, India

07-11 Mailed i-130 petition

07-17 Received Form I-797C. MSC#

01-03 Case transferred to NSC

03-11 I-130 approved

Total time in USCIS: 8.0 months

03-17 Case recieved at NVC

04-24 Filled out DS 261

05-11 Mailed AOS package

05-17 Mailed IV package

05-19 AOS "scanned" date

05-23 IV package "scanned" date

06-18 Received checklist on AOS

06-19 Mailed checklist response

06-25 IV docs accepted. False checklist on AOS

06-26 new AOS scan date.

"30 business days" will be up on August 7

Approximate time spent at NVC: 5.5 months

12 hours ago, tbarker said:

Sorry, but I feel very compelled to spread my paranoid experience and I really hope someone else picks it up and changes their future travel plans.

On our recent trip abroad, my resident spouse experienced an inconvenience on egress at the ticketing counter and another inconvenience with CBP in arrival here in the states. In Peru, the ticketing agent paused us from the line to question our documents. You have to realize, we are not on US soil and we have very little recourse should they disapprove of our documents. Plus as a foreigner, there's language, bureaucracy, bribing, etc. Ultimately, we were able to proceed after a supervisor inspected the stamp. However the perception of threat did unnerve us quite a bit.

On arrival to the states, my spouse and I separated in two separate queues at immigration. I sailed through since I am a citizen. However the wait for my resident spouse was excruciatingly hard for me. The process took far longer than we have ever experienced and no officer would entertain my queries for information about what was taking so long. After 25 minutes, the terminal cleared out and that left me an undetermined amount of time to sit and think of all the worst case scenarios about what was going on -- including detention. Finally 20 minutes later, my spouse cleared. That was 45 minutes progressively increasing agony. I can't even describe the kinds of emotions I felt during those 45 minutes of being separated, not knowing if it was just a small hiccup or possibly the first hour of the worst day of my life. I just never want to experience that ever again.

Given our current political environment, a heightened sense of anxiety warranted. ICE is casting their dragnet far and wide to snatch as many aliens as possible to meet our President's quotas. Any little mistake -- no matter how minuscule, insignificant, or immaterial -- is all it takes.  To this day, my spouse does not know why it took forever for CBP to run secondary, what they were searching for, or investigating. Nor would they share anything other than "all clear".

And yes, the experience was sufficient enough for us to postpone a trip to Europe.  That will wait until my spouse is naturalized and has a US Passport. We never want to experience an inconvenience, ever ever again.

You told us about your feelings - and I am personally sorry because I would freak out too - but nothing on  what your spouse was asked about during the secondary check.

A lot of paranoid people on here raising this thread to the top just to tell us about how scared they are?

cmon now, we come here to see how the approvals are going, and I find someone writing a paragraph "advice" on skipping your travel plasn with legal documents 🤦‍♂️

Some of us are busy, I would love to not check this thread if its not at the top, rather than going through words diarrhea about someone doing their job, checking documents. 

How can you be so freaked out that some low level airline employee didnt want to lose his job by double checking with a supervisor? Just like airlines dont want to let people board without papers, they also dont want to deal with the headache of rejecting someone with paper so relax and let people look at documents that are new in circulation due to backlog. 

Your paranoia is a personal problem that wont be cured with US passport, trust me thats a personal issue you need to fix, life scares you, fix it or accept it. 

I have a friend who is a US citizen and he couldnt board flight back to US from cancun because he only had passport card, we all flew and the USC had to drive to the US boarder and enter on foot. Just a small example that US citizenship wont cure your paranoia as you prob would have been hospitalized if that happened to you or your wife, especially when airline says "new administration directive" 😂

Another person speculating about interviews for everyone and how this makes the process more hellish when clearly data shows if everything is in order an interview speeds up the process by few months. Relax people, this is a backlog we are all going through not a personal case delay that requires more attention 

Seriously tho, there is a general forum for these posts, lets keep this clean

see you guys all in a year with smiles on your face.  

5 hours ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

A lot of paranoid people on here raising this thread to the top just to tell us about how scared they are?

cmon now, we come here to see how the approvals are going, and I find someone writing a paragraph "advice" on skipping your travel plasn with legal documents 🤦‍♂️

Some of us are busy, I would love to not check this thread if its not at the top, rather than going through words diarrhea about someone doing their job, checking documents. 

How can you be so freaked out that some low level airline employee didnt want to lose his job by double checking with a supervisor? Just like airlines dont want to let people board without papers, they also dont want to deal with the headache of rejecting someone with paper so relax and let people look at documents that are new in circulation due to backlog. 

Your paranoia is a personal problem that wont be cured with US passport, trust me thats a personal issue you need to fix, life scares you, fix it or accept it. 

I have a friend who is a US citizen and he couldnt board flight back to US from cancun because he only had passport card, we all flew and the USC had to drive to the US boarder and enter on foot. Just a small example that US citizenship wont cure your paranoia as you prob would have been hospitalized if that happened to you or your wife, especially when airline says "new administration directive" 😂

Another person speculating about interviews for everyone and how this makes the process more hellish when clearly data shows if everything is in order an interview speeds up the process by few months. Relax people, this is a backlog we are all going through not a personal case delay that requires more attention 

Seriously tho, there is a general forum for these posts, lets keep this clean

see you guys all in a year with smiles on your face.  

Don't judge, they mean well and wanted to let us know. I personally get annoyed with endless questions on how many days one should wait for their approved green card in the mail: 3 or 5 or 7. Seriously, who cares to have this endless discussion here when you've been approved. If you worry go create a new thread.

Edited by 4444510

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
10 hours ago, indiandude1111 said:

It would be interesting as to what the next USCIS real update will be. I would be happy to see 8/15 or even a later date :jest::jest: :jest:

The 1st person on this thread (NOA: 8/1) was approved on 11/11. Common USCIS you can do better than this. :blink:

My guess is the update will be at 8/10 to 8/13/2016. I hope it will be updated before I go to the info pass appointment by 29th, so they won't be able to say my 751 is still within the normal processing times.

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

My guess is the update will be at 8/10 to 8/13/2016. I hope it will be updated before I go to the info pass appointment by 29th, so they won't be able to say my 751 is still within the normal processing times.

Isn't this an irony that you have waited for more than 16 months and still it falls under normal processing. USCIS is very smart they know how to play the game. Yesterday I was thinking and came to realize that since March-2017 until today CSC moved from June-5 to July-27-2016, which means in last 9 months CSC moved just one month from June-5 to July-27. Absolutely bizarre what else can i say <_<

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Isn't this an irony that you have waited for more than 16 months and still it falls under normal processing. USCIS is very smart they know how to play the game. Yesterday I was thinking and came to realize that since March-2017 until today CSC moved from June-5 to July-27-2016, which means in last 9 months CSC moved just one month from June-5 to July-27. Absolutely bizarre what else can i say <_<

It is beyond bizarre, maybe that is why applying for 400 is probably the only way to move the needle forward overall. Almost 17 months of waiting here, still within normal processing times, ugh.

Hello Everyone,

my Noa August 3rd, Uscis request me sending reference last Tuesday. I sent my evidence last Friday.

Does anybody know how long it usually takes for results after sending reference?

thanks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, GreatDane said:

No - you're totally fine. I never had an issue with Canada. It was the airlines and maybe a CBP abroad program with the airport. Going to and from Canada is always a breeze. With no green card, they give a second looks but that's it.

Are you heading to the Christmas market?! 

Well, I'll be in Vancouver on the 25th and 26th.  :dancing: The Christmas Market ends on the 24th!  :bonk: 

They should be open on the 25th since it's called The Christmas Market!  :lol:

21 hours ago, 4element said:

Well guys I'm in Canada right now with a I-551 stamp ( I got 2 hours late to the info pass and I got it 12/12) I've been here for a week so I'm coming back tomorrow. I will let you know how everything goes through immigration.

Fingers crossed!  :star:

4 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

I hope you get approved on your InfoPass appointment!  :yes:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

Well, I'll be in Vancouver on the 25th and 26th.  :dancing: The Christmas Market ends on the 24th!  :bonk: 

They should be open on the 25th since it's called The Christmas Market!  :lol:

Fingers crossed!  :star:

I hope you get approved on your InfoPass appointment!  :yes:

That will be a Christmas miracle. Thank you.

13 hours ago, Everything said:

Hello Everyone,

my Noa August 3rd, Uscis request me sending reference last Tuesday. I sent my evidence last Friday.

Does anybody know how long it usually takes for results after sending reference?

thanks.

The official timeframe is within 60 days.  However, most people here got approved in 2 weeks. 

My RFE package was delivered the day after Thanksgiving.  I haven't heard anything back yet.  It could be due to the holiday season or I might be one of unfortunate ones that has to suffer through a long wait due to unkown reasons.

I made an infopass for Dec. 28 to check whether they received my package or not, giving me a week or so to re-file RFE if they did not receive it for some reason. 

Edited by jtyshxq

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.