Murf & Reggie

I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Nikkosan said:

And when I say Spain, I mean the forever sunny part of the country, the Canary Islands, off the coast of Morocco. Absolute paradise! We've been coming here for the past 11 years.

Rain is fun, when it turns into powdery snow! We thought we were going to have some in Ireland a few weeks ago, but nothing, nice and sunny (although a bit chilly) over there as well! Perhaps we should come where YOU are and bring some of the sunshine! :D 

Glad youre not in Ireland today, they have had huge storms.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Just now, shell20 said:

Glad youre not in Ireland today, they have had huge storms.

I saw that! A friend of mine from college in FL was following our travels a couple of weeks ago because she was also going to Ireland, and she's there NOW! She posted a video today and I felt so bad for her after all the pictures of blue skies I posted!

F-1 Visa: Academic years 2007/2010.

K-1 Visa: I-129F sent Aug 2013; Approved Jan 2014.

Green Card: AOS sent Feb 2014; Approved Jan 2015.

Removal of Conditions: I-751 sent Nov 2016; Approved Apr 2018.

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

1 minute ago, Nikkosan said:

I saw that! A friend of mine from college in FL was following our travels a couple of weeks ago because she was also going to Ireland, and she's there NOW! She posted a video today and I felt so bad for her after all the pictures of blue skies I posted!

Hope she keeps safe and of course my family and friends as its heading to the UK. :(

Timeline
Just now, shell20 said:

Hope she keeps safe and of course my family and friends as its heading to the UK. :(

Absolutely. Noticed the flag on your profile. I studied in London for my postgrad degree, so the UK always has a special place in my heart!

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

23 minutes ago, Nikkosan said:

Absolutely. Noticed the flag on your profile. I studied in London for my postgrad degree, so the UK always has a special place in my heart!

Dont want to say it, but you get around!! LOL.

Timeline
Just now, shell20 said:

Dont want to say it, but you get around!! LOL.

I blame (thank?!?! LOL) the US government for that. It forced us into exile in Europe in 2011 (exhausted all legal avenues to stay in the US after graduating college and working 1 year; we are a same-sex couple and couln't get married at that point...), first in London for my MA at King's, and then in Spain. Both countries light years ahead at that point, granting my then partner a residency permit which we put to good use for about 3 years. 

He's as crazy as I am, and would follow me to the moon and back (thankfully!).

Best of luck on your ROC journey, and sorry about your GC being stolen in May!

2 hours ago, shell20 said:

I wasn't aware of this until the other day but you can have a Stokes interview for Naturalization.   I read it about on visa journey recently. Not sure how that happens reflecting upon it it, surely you can't be separated as surely Naturalisation is a lone interview?

I think you mean when both I-751 and N-400 were filed concurrently. That's when stoke interviews for naturalization happen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
53 minutes ago, shell20 said:

Nope, it doesnt sound like that happened, sounds like they did AOS, followed by ROC, followed by Naturalization well that is how I am reading this thread.  

Read it, sounds horryfing, but i am not sure he did the right thing to inform people to avoid marriage based 3 year N400 because as much as he was trying to be helpful or trying to warn us which I appreciate. All it does is cause panic. Every case is different. We can always find individual horror stories, but they don't necessarily apply to us because everyone's different. The fact that they are cousins might have triggered the red flag, it is just unusual, so maybe that is one of the reasons, but i guess my point is we should not look too deep into these kinds of horror stories, all it does is get us stressed out and make us become unnecesarily paranoid. However, you just have to be prepared for all kinds of different situations and always get ready and be very prepared for the possibility of joint interview. I would say this particular story is probably very rare and does not happen very often. Who knows? Maybe the couple had enemies who just hated them so much that they falsely reported them. I would just stay prepared, alert, know about your spouse, be prepared, and I think no matter how nasty the interview is, it will mostly likely going to be ok.

Edited by Zombie69

4 minutes ago, 4444510 said:

I think you mean when both I-751 and N-400 were filed concurrently. That's when stoke interviews for naturalization happen.

I don't think so as they stated they got their 2 year card, then their 10 year card and then they applied for Naturalization, that is how I am reading it.

4 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Read it, sounds horryfing, but i am not sure he did the right thing to inform people to avoid marriage based 3 year N400 because as much as he was trying to be helpful or trying to warn us which I appreciate. All it does is cause panic. Every case is different. We can always find individual horror stories, but they don't necessarily apply to us because everyone's different. The fact that they are cousins might have triggered the red flag, it is just unusual, so maybe that is one of the reasons, but i guess my point is we should not look too deep into these kinds of horror stories, all it does is get us stressed out and make us become unnecesarily paranoid. However, you just have to be prepared for all kinds of different situations and always get ready and be very prepared for the possibility of joint interview. I would say this particular story is probably very rare and does not happen very often. Who knows? Maybe the couple had enemies who just hated them so much that they falsely reported them. I would just stay prepared, alert, know about your spouse, be prepared, and I think no matter how nasty the interview is, it will mostly likely going to be ok.

Oh Im not concerned, although I found it bizarre,  it was just one of the top stories on Visa Journey this week.  I would love them to come visit me at home, could do with some company!!  LOL!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, shell20 said:

Oh Im not concerned, although I found it bizarre,  it was just one of the top stories on Visa Journey this week.  I would love them to come visit me at home, could do with some company!!  LOL!

It is blizzare and scary. Scarier than The Exorsist, Dawn of the Dead or almost as scary as the 45 or Kellyanne Conway..:unsure:

20 minutes ago, shell20 said:

I don't think so as they stated they got their 2 year card, then their 10 year card and then they applied for Naturalization, that is how I am reading it.

Then as you noted it makes no sense since you go to the interview by yourself unless it was specifically indicated to bring your spouse which I've never heard of. Yet.

36 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

This is of course something extra ordinary, don't freak out.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

I personally believe It is best to count from the expiration date of the conditional green card or just do not travel until you get your 751 or 400 approved.

9 hours ago, shell20 said:

Well I am lucky in a way, but not in another way. I had my GC stolen and had to get an i55i stamp to replace it for travel, its valid until next May.   So hopefully that will suffice as its a legal document/stamp.  I am not sacrificing a visit to my son at xmas.   

7 hours ago, Nikkosan said:

Please, don't put off travel because of your ROC! We travel all the time (and I do mean ALL the time), and never had any issues. CBP officers tend to get quite amused and roll their eyes together with the two of us when we talk about how slow USCIS is. 

Carpe diem!

7 hours ago, GreatDane said:

I guess it's time for a trip to Canada! What better time to do it than Thanksgiving? I could *definitely* use some time away. :jest:

I came back from Vancouver, Canada a couple of weeks ago!  :dance:

The border officer scanned my expired 2-year Green Card and didn't even bother to see my I-551 stamp in my passport.  :dancing:

I'm assuming that he saw that my status was still valid on his computer screen from scanning my expired Green Card.  :star:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.