Murf & Reggie

I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

LOL, shell20 just filed his 751 this Feb, so he has a while to go but I was joking the other day with him because he is a VSC filer, for CSC filers, it is so unprecedentedly backed up by the time next Feb and March arrives, some of us might be getting our 751 approvals the same time as shell20, CSC's unprecedented delay makes VSC look very very normal,lol

Oh - that's too funny! You're probably right! :lol:

17 minutes ago, shell20 said:

Just seen in the June filers that someone has been called for an interview. Really?   They have waited months to get a letter of an interview. CSC filer.

Yikes! Waiting all this time just to get called in for an interview :rolleyes: Well, at least it will be over soon for them!

20 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

LOL, shell20 just filed his 751 this Feb, so he has a while to go but I was joking the other day with him because he is a VSC filer, for CSC filers, it is so unprecedentedly backed up by the time next Feb and March arrives, some of us might be getting our 751 approvals the same time as shell20, CSC's unprecedented delay makes VSC look very very normal,lol

Actually I am a girly!! :) 

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
28 minutes ago, GreatDane said:

Oh - that's too funny! You're probably right! :lol:

Yikes! Waiting all this time just to get called in for an interview :rolleyes: Well, at least it will be over soon for them!

In an ideal world, I rather have the 751 interview tomorrow and get it over with already. Even if they want to do a stoke, bring it on.:angry:

11 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Oops, my bad, sorry about that.:unsure:

Not a problem I found it quite amusing. :)

3 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

In an ideal world, I rather have the 751 interview tomorrow and get it over with already. Even if they want to do a stoke, bring it on.:angry:

We had a stoke-style interview during AOS - it wasn't a big deal at all. Being separated was stressful and I anticipated the worst case scenario. It was far from it! 

4 minutes ago, GreatDane said:

We had a stoke-style interview during AOS - it wasn't a big deal at all. Being separated was stressful and I anticipated the worst case scenario. It was far from it! 

I wasn't aware of this until the other day but you can have a Stokes interview for Naturalization.   I read it about on visa journey recently. Not sure how that happens reflecting upon it it, surely you can't be separated as surely Naturalisation is a lone interview?

2 minutes ago, shell20 said:

I wasn't aware of this until the other day but you can have a Stokes interview for Naturalization.   I read it about on visa journey recently. Not sure how that happens reflecting upon it it, surely you can't be separated as surely Naturalisation is a lone interview?

I think for Stokes interviews with USC spouses, they can call in the spouses. There's also a few combo I751/N400s going through so a spouse interview would be required making a stoke easier. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, GreatDane said:

I can't wait for it! For now, we're minimizing international travel but it's so hard when you live two hours from a border. Who doesn't want to see Vancouver or have a trip up to the Canadian hot springs?! All the things we can look forward to once it's finished! :)

Please, don't put off travel because of your ROC! We travel all the time (and I do mean ALL the time), and never had any issues. CBP officers tend to get quite amused and roll their eyes together with the two of us when we talk about how slow USCIS is. 

Carpe diem!

F-1 Visa: Academic years 2007/2010.

K-1 Visa: I-129F sent Aug 2013; Approved Jan 2014.

Green Card: AOS sent Feb 2014; Approved Jan 2015.

Removal of Conditions: I-751 sent Nov 2016; Approved Apr 2018.

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

6 minutes ago, Nikkosan said:

Please, don't put off travel because of your ROC! We travel all the time (and I do mean ALL the time), and never had any issues. CBP officers tend to get quite amused and roll their eyes together with the two of us when we talk about how slow USCIS is. 

Carpe diem!

I guess it's time for a trip to Canada! What better time to do it than Thanksgiving? I could *definitely* use some time away. :jest:

Timeline

Just now, GreatDane said:

I guess it's time for a trip to Canada! What better time to do it than Thanksgiving? I could *definitely* use some time away. :jest:

Absofreakylutely!!!

And oh, greetings from sunny and delicious Spain! ;) 

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

47 minutes ago, Nikkosan said:

Absofreakylutely!!!

And oh, greetings from sunny and delicious Spain! ;) 

OH MY GOSH - TAKE ME WITH YOU! Enjoy some of the rays extra for all of us stuck in the rain! :jest:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, GreatDane said:

They are looking for discrepancies, as long as the marriage is bona fide, most will survive I've heard.

1 hour ago, shell20 said:

Stoke interview for 400. Sounds weird, or dual interviews(751+400) on the same day you mean. They usually would interview 751 first and proceed to 400 on the same day, so I've heard from a few reported accounts.

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline
1 minute ago, GreatDane said:

OH MY GOSH - TAKE ME WITH YOU! Enjoy some of the rays extra for all of us stuck in the rain! :jest:

And when I say Spain, I mean the forever sunny part of the country, the Canary Islands, off the coast of Morocco. Absolute paradise! We've been coming here for the past 11 years.

Rain is fun, when it turns into powdery snow! We thought we were going to have some in Ireland a few weeks ago, but nothing, nice and sunny (although a bit chilly) over there as well! Perhaps we should come where YOU are and bring some of the sunshine! :D 

26 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

They are looking for discrepancies, as long as the marriage is bona fide, most will survive I've heard.

Stoke interview for 400. Sounds weird, or dual interviews(751+400) on the same day you mean. They usually would interview 751 first and proceed to 400 on the same day, so I've heard from a few reported accounts.

Nope, it doesnt sound like that happened, sounds like they did AOS, followed by ROC, followed by Naturalization well that is how I am reading this thread.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.