Murf & Reggie

I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

I personally believe It is best to count from the expiration date of the conditional green card or just do not travel until you get your 751 or 400 approved.

Well I am lucky in a way, but not in another way. I had my GC stolen and had to get an i55i stamp to replace it for travel, its valid until next May.   So hopefully that will suffice as its a legal document/stamp.  I am not sacrificing a visit to my son at xmas.   

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, shell20 said:

Well I am lucky in a way, but not in another way. I had my GC stolen and had to get an i55i stamp to replace it for travel, its valid until next May.   So hopefully that will suffice as its a legal document/stamp.  I am not sacrificing a visit to my son at xmas.   

I think as long as you have 551 in your passport, you should be fine. 551 is the proof/extension of the conditional green card since the conditional green card is already expired.

4 minutes ago, GreatDane said:

As long as your I-551 stamped, you should be good to go. It took us a bit longer to get in on entry, but it worked fine enough.

On the earlier thread, it looked like the couple didn't have a valid I-551 stamp to show proof of re-entry permission. They had the expired letter and green card - if the GC expired in 2015 and they didn't file their I751 until August 2016. Their extension letter only extended their status until November 2016 (one year from expiry on date of GC). It worked for their re-entry, luckily, on another trip but it seems like their luck ran out. 

Actually I think they may have had a stamp too.  Without looking back on the thread Im sure they said got an i55i stamp a couple of days before. I think what happened here is that the letter along with the GC and the stamp got the United Airlines staff all confused.   It's their job to know these things, so there is no excuse, none, zero!  Sorry just ranting it infuriates me when people aren't trained properly.

Just now, Zombie69 said:

I think as long as you have 551 in your passport, you should be fine. 551 is the proof/extension of the conditional green card since the conditional green card is already expired.

I think so too and I normally travel with the same airline and the from the same airport and they seemed clued up, the only time they werent was in April from Dublin Airport a new member of staff but the supervisor sorted it out, they don't to be taking on this "Little Rotweiler". LOL!!

Timeline
Just now, shell20 said:

I think so too and I normally travel with the same airline and the from the same airport and they seemed clued up, the only time they werent was in April from Dublin Airport a new member of staff but the supervisor sorted it out, they don't to be taking on this "Little Rotweiler". LOL!!

Which is why 751 approval or 400 approval will put all this to rest. :jest:

3 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Which is why 751 approval or 400 approval will put all this to rest. :jest:

Precisely, couldn't say it better myself! :)

Just now, shell20 said:

I can't wait for it! For now, we're minimizing international travel but it's so hard when you live two hours from a border. Who doesn't want to see Vancouver or have a trip up to the Canadian hot springs?! All the things we can look forward to once it's finished! :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, shell20 said:

Yes, it puts this kind of bull ####### to rest which is one of the reasons applicants get desperate, sometimes you just get caught in bureaucracy or inefficiency or ignorance of institutions.. 

1 minute ago, GreatDane said:

I can't wait for it! For now, we're minimizing international travel but it's so hard when you live two hours from a border. Who doesn't want to see Vancouver or have a trip up to the Canadian hot springs?! All the things we can look forward to once it's finished! :)

Been to Niagra Falls and that was worth seeing as was Niagra on the Lake, so pretty.   And yes hopefully the end is in the sight! :)

Been to Niagra Falls and that was worth seeing as was Niagra on the Lake, so pretty.   And yes hopefully the end is in the sight! :)

Wait - you're from VSC and still haven't received word? Have you put in a service request? I really hope your case is processed soon!

Just now, GreatDane said:

Wait - you're from VSC and still haven't received word? Have you put in a service request? I really hope your case is processed soon!

No because Im a Feb filer.  Just nosy around to see what is going on and try to answer questions people may have.

No because Im a Feb filer.  Just nosy around to see what is going on and try to answer questions people may have.

Ahhhh - reading comprehension isn't my strongest :) As always, the more, the merrier!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Sorry I've been mia from this site for a while. I got approved on July 27. Can someone update for me, can't remember how to... Thanks so much and good luck to everyone!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, GreatDane said:

LOL, shell20 just filed his 751 this Feb, so he has a while to go but I was joking the other day with him because he is a VSC filer, for CSC filers, it is so unprecedentedly backed up by the time next Feb and March arrives, some of us might be getting our 751 approvals the same time as shell20, CSC's unprecedented delay makes VSC look very very normal,lol

Edited by Zombie69

1 minute ago, GreatDane said:

Ahhhh - reading comprehension isn't my strongest :) As always, the more, the merrier!

Just seen in the June filers that someone has been called for an interview. Really?   They have waited months to get a letter of an interview. CSC filer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.