Murf & Reggie

I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Zombie69 said:

Guys, USCIS just updated processing times. CSC is now at 7/19, 2016. Inching closer to us. VSC is way ahead of us, they are at October 2016 now. 

:DGreat point, hilariously sarcastic!

Thanks for letting us know!!

I looked several times today out of curiosity regarding CSC really.  Wow, they really aren't moving are they and VSC is  taking a whole year. The only consolation without looking would be their processing times as of August 31st, I am assuming without looking. They are always a month or so behind when they say as off, however they still use the ones on their website, rather than lets say as of the end of Sept, which would be last month. 

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, shell20 said:

I looked several times today out of curiosity regarding CSC really.  Wow, they really aren't moving are they and VSC is  taking a whole year. The only consolation without looking would be their processing times as of August 31st, I am assuming without looking. They are always a month or so behind when they say as off, however they still use the ones on their website, rather than lets say as of the end of Sept, which would be last month. 

Yes, but the thing is whatever the update says is in fact in sync with the reported approvals here on VJ though, it does not seem to be in sync with the "as of" field office date 

19 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Yes, but the thing is whatever the update says is in fact in sync with the reported approvals here on VJ though, it does not seem to be in sync with the "as of" field office date 

Actually, sometimes its in sync and sometimes not. I looked at the visa journey processing times back in June or July and it said that the latest case was approved in Sept. Then the other day I looked at visa journeys processing times and it said July for both service centres. If you mean timelines on each month, then most definitely in sync.

I can't believe that people in June are still awaiting approval from CSC, some Vermont are but the minority.  Even so Vermont a year, California around 14 months, its a joke! Wouldn't mind if they didn't keep hiking the price, but let's be honest here, if the cable company wanted to do that, we would want a better, faster service with more channels. Not happening in this case, its slowing down and the channels are all confused!!

Are you going to apply for Citizenship?  I definitely want to do that when Feb comes. Counting down the days!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, shell20 said:

Actually, sometimes its in sync and sometimes not. I looked at the visa journey processing times back in June or July and it said that the latest case was approved in Sept. Then the other day I looked at visa journeys processing times and it said July for both service centres. If you mean timelines on each month, then most definitely in sync.

I can't believe that people in June are still awaiting approval from CSC, some Vermont are but the minority.  Even so Vermont a year, California around 14 months, its a joke! Wouldn't mind if they didn't keep hiking the price, but let's be honest here, if the cable company wanted to do that, we would want a better, faster service with more channels. Not happening in this case, its slowing down and the channels are all confused!!

Are you going to apply for Citizenship?  I definitely want to do that when Feb comes. Counting down the days!

The majority of people that are inside the processing times are mostly approved with a few left overs whether they are VSC or CSC filers. My friend technodude(CSC)from June thread was one of the left overs, most were approved except his, but he was finally approved, took him 1 year and 3.5 months, his was delayed by 1 month compared to the June approvals. I guess we should look at the "trend" rather than individuals. I have applied for 400. I did that a bit more than 2 months ago, and am in line for interview scheduling.

The majority of people that are inside the processing times are mostly approved with a few left overs whether they are VSC or CSC filers. My friend technodude(CSC)from June thread was one of the left overs, most were approved except his, but he was finally approved, took him 1 year and 3.5 months, his was delayed by 1 month compared to the June approvals. I guess we should look at the "trend" rather than individuals. I have applied for 400. I did that a bit more than 2 months ago, and am in line for interview scheduling.

Cool, that is SO exciting!  I am counting down the months until I can do that. 

I just can't help feel sorry for the CSC filers right now, although I know that could change at any time, as this time last year Vermont were the ones taking their merry time!

Timeline
1 hour ago, shell20 said:

Cool, that is SO exciting!  I am counting down the months until I can do that. 

I just can't help feel sorry for the CSC filers right now, although I know that could change at any time, as this time last year Vermont were the ones taking their merry time!

Yes, it is exciting for sure. Something to look forward to even though it is still months away for you . Yes, the CSC filers have been going through so much wait time, hopefully CSC will pick up so it can at least catch up with VSC. Glad you are excited, your patience will be eventually rewarded!

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:14 PM, shell20 said:

You can count as of 08/31/17 for 10/13/17 because none of July filers after July 19th have been approved as of now. They bs-ing us around.

1 minute ago, 4444510 said:

You can count as of 08/31/17 for 10/13/17 because none of July filers after July 19th have been approved as of now. They bs-ing us around.

That doesn't surprise me , they should look at the latest top story on visa journey about someone being denied to board the plane due to the extension letter and then tell us not to moan!   Just shaking my head, it's just not good enough nor acceptable!  I have to travel in Nov or Dec and the last thing I need is worrying if I can get back to my husband!  I guess the only time we will ever be accepted is if we are lucky enough to apply for citizenship.  

11 minutes ago, shell20 said:

That doesn't surprise me , they should look at the latest top story on visa journey about someone being denied to board the plane due to the extension letter and then tell us not to moan!   Just shaking my head, it's just not good enough nor acceptable!  I have to travel in Nov or Dec and the last thing I need is worrying if I can get back to my husband!  I guess the only time we will ever be accepted is if we are lucky enough to apply for citizenship.  

Really? Where can we read about that story please?

11 minutes ago, 4444510 said:

Really? Where can we read about that story please?

Top stories.   Heres the link,  http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/650534-wife-denied-boarding-by-united-airlines-in-puerto-vallarta-after-2-week-vacation/

10 minutes ago, shell20 said:

Woooow! That's absolutely ridiculous. That is why I am not travelling. Just in case. At no our fault, I still do not want to jeopardize all I've gone through since the date of our initial I-485 filing 4.5 years ago.

1 minute ago, 4444510 said:

Woooow! That's absolutely ridiculous. That is why I am not travelling. Just in case. At no our fault, I still do not want to jeopardize all I've gone through since the date of our initial I-485 filing 4.5 years ago.

Well I have no choice ,I told my son before I left I will NEVER have a Christmas without him and he can't travel here this year.

Timeline
50 minutes ago, shell20 said:

Well I have no choice ,I told my son before I left I will NEVER have a Christmas without him and he can't travel here this year.

I personally believe It is best to count from the expiration date of the conditional green card or just do not travel until you get your 751 or 400 approved.

Edited by Zombie69

It is best to count from the expiration date of the conditional green card I personally believe or just do not travel until you get your 751 or 400 approved.

As long as your I-551 stamped, you should be good to go. It took us a bit longer to get in on entry, but it worked fine enough.

On the earlier thread, it looked like the couple didn't have a valid I-551 stamp to show proof of re-entry permission. They had the expired letter and green card - if the GC expired in 2015 and they didn't file their I751 until August 2016. Their extension letter only extended their status until November 2016 (one year from expiry on date of GC). It worked for their re-entry, luckily, on another trip but it seems like their luck ran out. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, GreatDane said:

As long as your I-551 stamped, you should be good to go. It took us a bit longer to get in on entry, but it worked fine enough.

On the earlier thread, it looked like the couple didn't have a valid I-551 stamp to show proof of re-entry permission. They had the expired letter and green card - if the GC expired in 2015 and they didn't file their I751 until August 2016. Their extension letter only extended their status until November 2016 (one year from expiry on date of GC). It worked for their re-entry, luckily, on another trip but it seems like their luck ran out. 

Yes, as long as one has the 751 stamp in the passport, it should be fine. People should always want to get the valid 551 in the passport if they want to travel before the 751 is approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.