Murf & Reggie

I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
30 minutes ago, lesly87 said:

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Here is the list with all USCIS office closings. It looks like it was last updated today. 

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings

Thanks, lesly87! I would guess that all is being processed as normal today. (Though would this link even show if a Service Center were closed, since it isn't usually open to the public anyway? I don't see a category for CSC).

In any case, for those who are wondering, here's some info about the "Canyon Fire 2" currently about 25 miles north of the CSC in Laguna Niguel: http://www.anaheim.net/AlertCenter.aspx?AID=Canyon-Fire-2-3

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Just got an surprise update saying my 400 is in line for interview. Hope I will get a 751 update soon too, but i won't count on that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Just got an surprise update saying my 400 is in line for interview. Hope I will get a 751 update soon too, but i won't count on that.

Well, at least there is some movement. I am happy for you. It is a good sign dear zombie. Who knows by start of next year or within few months you would be naturalized. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Name O Boy said:

Well, at least there is some movement. I am happy for you. It is a good sign dear zombie. Who knows by start of next year or within few months you would be naturalized. 

Thanks for the encouragement, buddy. My expectations remain to be low so I won't set myself for disappointment. However, I totally did not expect to get an update at all. Hang in there, I know it is not easy, but we will get be approved eventually. Today's update makes me feel a bit better about my 751 as well because at least there's some movement. From you mouth's to god's ear, I hope it is a good sign, you will soon get to where I am now. Time will fly by faster than you think. Hang in there, you will get there, buddy.

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Thanks for the encouragement, buddy. My expectations remain to be low so I won't set myself for disappointment. However, I totally did not expect to get an update at all. Hang in there, I know it is not easy, but we will get be approved eventually. Today's update makes me feel a bit better about my 751 as well because at least there's some movement. From you mouth's to god's ear, I hope it is a good sign and I hope you will hear from USCIS soon too.

To be honest I am very positive about your case and I can't wait to see you telling me and everyone in the thread that you have cross the final line. If I have to make a guess I would say in 4 to months you would be done with your naturalization. Prayers on the way. Take care

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

To be honest I am very positive about your case and I can't wait to see you telling me and everyone in the thread that you have cross the final line. If I have to make a guess I would say in 4 to months you would be done with your naturalization. Prayers on the way. Take care

That would be nice if my naturalization would come in less than 6 months, but again, I would not hold my breath on it, and I am ready to wait for as many months as I have to wait. I forgot you just filed your 751 this March, so it has been 6 months for you, but that is a nice mark. Whoever gets approved now is potentially good news for you given the unprecedented nature of the delay this year for CSC. Finger crossed for you too, bud. :) I am glad you are staying positive too.

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline
1 minute ago, Zombie69 said:

That would be nice if my naturalization would come in less than 6 months, but again, I would not hold my breath on it, and I am ready to wait for as many months as I have to wait. I forgot you just filed your 751 this March, so it has been 6 months for you, but that is a nice mark. Whoever gets approved now is potentially good news for you given the unprecedented nature of the delay this year for CSC. Finger crossed for you too, bud. :)

Almost 7 months don't say 6 :crying: Yeah hopefully CSC will start processing normal just like VSC

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Almost 7 months don't say 6 :crying: Yeah hopefully CSC will start processing normal just like VSC

Yes! Almost there, marching towards the 7 month mark!!! When are you eligible for 400? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zombie69 said:

Yes! Almost there, marching towards the 7 month mark!!! When are you eligible for 400? 

In 5 months I would be eligible to file for naturalization I can't wait because since i saw CSC processing too slow. You never know they might pick up the pace after all they are unpredictable :) 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

In 5 months I would be eligible to file for naturalization I can't wait because since i saw CSC processing too slow. You never know they might pick up the pace after all they are unpredictable :) 

Yes, 5 more months, actually not far away, something to look forward too! USCIS is anything but predictable.

Hi guys. I have a question.:

did you guys send for example just one electricity bill, one gas bill etc or did you guys send 2-year round bills in your package??? I'm afraid that i will get an RFE because we just sent one bill of each. 

Thanks 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Pmem said:

did you guys send for example just one electricity bill, one gas bill etc or did you guys send 2-year round bills in your package??? I'm afraid that i will get an RFE because we just sent one bill of each. 

Thanks 

It depends on the reviewer.. I have helped 2 of my friends.. both send with min docs and got approved after 13 months.. 

I did send with max docs.. means at least  5 electric bills (beg -> last month) 

5 hours ago, Pmem said:

Thanks 

Nothing much you can do about it right now, one way or the other, so try not to stress about it right now. It's not as though you will get denied because of it - worst case scenario you'll get an RFE or an interview, and in either case, you can submit more documents then.

Good luck!

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 10/10/2017 at 6:34 PM, Zombie69 said:

Good luck to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.