Murf & Reggie

I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
47 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

If they're in their 20s or 30s, it's pretty common to meet each other online though.  :blink:

Maybe USCIS is a bit conservative (which is not surprising)? :rofl:

Who knows? As a same sex couple. I always have the fear of anti gay sentiment in the back of my mind,  but hey, look at how far we have come so far!

1 hour ago, lesly87 said:

Depending on the fraud level, field offices have quotas on interviews. The guidelines are prescribed by the Adjudicator's Field Manual. Look halfway through the page, but actual percentages are determined by the ADDE of each field office so I don't believe they are publicly available. 

For more info, see my extensive post about my approval process theory below:

Thank you, the info seems to be interesting. For example, I didn't know that the computer randomly picks up cases for the interview under certain circumstances. That is if an officer has doubts about some case and it's determined that 30% of doubtful cases should be interviewed, the machine will pull out this 30% of cases randomly. That is no human factor in determining who should get interviewed. Humans only assign the level of fraud A, B or C.

Edited by 4444510

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, 4444510 said:

Well, I know a married couple who met at a circuit party being high as F. Not sure how they explain it to USCIS LOL

You sound like you know some interesting people!  :rofl:

1 hour ago, Zombie69 said:

Who knows? As a same sex couple. I always have the fear of anti gay sentiment in the back of my mind,  but hey, look at how far we have come so far!

I had my I-130 interview in Montreal, Canada so I thought there was a good chance that my interviewer was open minded.  :dancing:

If I have an I-751 interview, it'll be in Seattle so I'm not too worried about it.  :whistle:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Timeline
2 hours ago, AustinCanada said:

I had my I-130 interview in Montreal, Canada so I thought there was a good chance that my interviewer was open minded.  :dancing:

If I have an I-751 interview, it'll be in Seattle so I'm not too worried about it.  :whistle:

If I have the interview, it will be in Los Angeles, I will probably be fine as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/3/2017 at 5:13 AM, Zombie69 said:

Understood, my lawyer is an experienced one. USCIS only does things by their rules, their time, I asked my lawyer if I can apply 400 while 751 is pending, she told me I won't be qualified for 400 until 751 is approved, period. USCIS does not care whether you think you have the right. They have the power, nobody can force them to do anything. People who apply for 400 while 751 is pending is due in large part of frustrations and desperation in my opinion which i understand, and most of applicants who do this do not seem to have a lawyer. I think it is a waste of time because they simply won't do anything until they see the copy of your 10 year green card front and back, they won't make it faster just because you think it is your right. They simply won't be forced, so I think it is a waste of effort and it won't make a difference, but feel free to do so, it is not going to hurt you, but there is always a small risk of backfiring, I will just comply with what n400 requires and not jump ahead.

just another example of incompetent government

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/3/2017 at 5:39 PM, 4444510 said:

Well, I know a married couple who met at a circuit party being high as F. Not sure how they explain it to USCIS LOL

just tell them the truth !

Timeline
54 minutes ago, defeedme said:

just another example of incompetent government

Ironically, my lawyer and i changed our minds because the CSC 751 delay is unprecedented, she never was in a situation where she had to apply both at the same time because she told me normally most 751 applicants would be approved in a year before they file 400, but obviously not thus year. I changed my mind, and with the help/research of other bloggers and myself, we found out it is actually ok to apply both as long as it is the applicant's time to be eligible for 400 whether 751 is pending or not. Plus i had no choice because my spouse ia already 89, we just could not sit and wait for 751 because i want my spouse to see me become a citizen before it is too late. I made my statement in May underestimating the long delay, so I have changed my views and I was presumptuous. My ultumate goal is 400, but it will be nice to get a 751 approval if they don't combine both. We will see how it plays out about 751 for CSC August filers.

Edited by Zombie69

On 10/3/2017 at 4:40 PM, AustinCanada said:

Not a same sex couple but we were separated for our AOS interviews. At first my heart was racing and it was terrifying - until the questions started. Once I started to understand the questions, I could relax. Any serious couple would pass. We were flagged in the interview, I believe, because the officer asked "describe your relationship. Is it romantic?" and my SO thought he was asking to describe our sex life and was put off so he answered "We go out sometimes...." really awkwardly. Once I understood why he responded so weirdly after the interview, I couldn't stop laughing. :lol: 

Timeline

As far as I know,  a good number of CSC  751August filers and myself included have applied for 400 while waiting for 751 approval, and maybe some CSC July filers are in the same situation as well. It will be interesting to see how many 751 approvals also have 400 pending. If anyone of you get your 751 approval and have 400 pending, please share, appreciate it, thanks.

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

As far as I know,  a good number of CSC  751August filers and myself included have applied for 400 while waiting for 751 approval, and maybe some CSC July filers are in the same situation as well. It will be interesting to see how many 751 approvals also have 400 pending. If anyone of you get your 751 approval and have 400 pending, please share, appreciate it, thanks.

July filers have added a column for "N400 Filers" in the list. It is becoming apparent that the N400 filers have not received any approvals. It is also the fact that 12 of the June filers (no N400 applied) also are waiting approval.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Chicagocbd said:

July filers have added a column for "N400 Filers" in the list. It is becoming apparent that the N400 filers have not received any approvals. It is also the fact that 12 of the June filers (no N400 applied) also are waiting approval.

None of August filers have been approved, we will know more when they start adjudicating us. Just no way of knowing whether they will really combine both. The drag is if they combine both, then you won't know your 751 status until probably the 400 interview which could be 9 to 10 months from the day you applied for 400. In the long run, may be beneficial. In the short run, 751 kept in the dark for many more months. We will see.

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Zombie69 said:

None of August filers have been approved, we will know more when they start adjudicating us. Just no way of knowing whether they will really combine both. The drag is if they combine both, then you won't know your 751 status until probably the 400 interview which could be 9 to 10 months from the day you applied for 400. In the long run, may be beneficial. In the short run, 751 kept in the dark for many more months. We will see.

I agree. I found the note shared by lesly87 very interesting. I searched on the word N400 and found many interesting matches. Did you happen to see that?  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Chicagocbd said:

2 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Yes, it looks like CSC is combining both I-751 and N-400 applications for July filers.  <_<  It's probably easier for USCIS to do so.  :idea:

I'm hoping that USCIS processes the combo applications faster than regular N-400 applications.  :whistle:  There have been two combo cases that got processed so fast!  Fingers crossed!  :star:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Timeline
4 hours ago, Chicagocbd said:

I agree. I found the note shared by lesly87 very interesting. I searched on the word N400 and found many interesting matches. Did you happen to see that?  

Interesting. You mean the matches of 751 being delayed due to 400?

2 hours ago, AustinCanada said:

Yes, it looks like CSC is combining both I-751 and N-400 applications for July filers.  <_<  It's probably easier for USCIS to do so.  :idea:

I'm hoping that USCIS processes the combo applications faster than regular N-400 applications.  :whistle:  There have been two combo cases that got processed so fast!  Fingers crossed!  :star:

I am hoping that too, but I still have not ruled out the possibility of some of us being 751 approved upon pending 400. I personally would love to see that happen, but so far, we don't seem to see anyone who applied for 400 being 751 approved, and maybe we will see some of us being approved when CSC gets to August. I am still not sure they are just going to automatically and administratively delay 751 right away for 751 applicants who have previously applied for 400, and we don't know how many CSC filers applied for 400 with pending 751. Who knows? And maybe for people like us, we may not get the 751 approval any time soon but we might get slightly earlier 400 interview date than most, just guessing. My point is June filers or July filers who applied for 400 with a pending 751 might not be enough of them to conclude the trend of 751 being delayed to be combined with 400 later. We will see.

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
11 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Interesting. You mean the matches of 751 being delayed due to 400?

I am hoping that too, but I still have not ruled out the possibility of some of us being 751 approved upon pending 400. I personally would love to see that happen, but so far, we don't seem to see anyone who applied for 400 being 751 approved, and maybe we will see some of us being approved when CSC gets to August. I am still not sure they are just going to automatically and administratively delay 751 right away for 751 applicants who have previously applied for 400, and we don't know how many CSC filers applied for 400 with pending 751. Who knows? And maybe for people like us, we may not get the 751 approval any time soon but we might get slightly earlier 400 interview date than most, just guessing. My point is June filers or July filers who applied for 400 with a pending 751 might not be enough of them to conclude the trend of 751 being delayed to be combined with 400 later. We will see.

There is one applicant in May-2016 thread and her I-751 is pending until now and she got her Naturalization Oath ceremony letter a week or 2 weeks ago. This a perfect example to get some idea and as far as I remember she is a CSC(I-751) filer.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.