Murf & Reggie

I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, lcwilliams said:

Hi guys, I want to get an update on my status but I don't know who to call. or the number to call. do I call CSC or the local USCIS?my NOA is Aug 1, I already had my biometrics but I haven't heard about interview or any RFE. i'm really worried now coz my visa is going to expire this end of Sept and I checked my status through myUSCIS status and there's no change. Should I ask for extension for my visa? I don't know what to do. What's L2 btw? HELP pls....

Relax... breathe... virtually none of us who applied in August of 2016 at CSC has heard anything. It's frustrating, but they're just that far behind. 

Remember, your status does not expire during this process. Your proof of status will expire, but you are still a Permanent Resident until and unless your application is denied (which hasn't happened).

So - if you want or need to have proof of your status, start haunting this page and make an appointment for an InfoPass at your local USCIS office. Bring your card, the letter and your passport to this appointment, and they will put a stamp in your passport that will act as a temporary green card for up to another year. If your passport is expired, bring 2 passport style photos and they will create a new document that will do the same thing. At this appointment, they may (or may not) take your expired green card, your expired letter, or both (so make copies for your records). This is fine. The stamp is, to all intents and purposes, a green card.

Then sit back and wait like all the rest of us. Relax... breathe...

4 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

I just read the September-2016 thread that there is one CSC September filer got his approval today.

Those random approvals always mess with everybody's heads! But good for them!

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
14 hours ago, nightingalejules said:

Relax... breathe... virtually none of us who applied in August of 2016 at CSC has heard anything. It's frustrating, but they're just that far behind. 

Remember, your status does not expire during this process. Your proof of status will expire, but you are still a Permanent Resident until and unless your application is denied (which hasn't happened).

So - if you want or need to have proof of your status, start haunting this page and make an appointment for an InfoPass at your local USCIS office. Bring your card, the letter and your passport to this appointment, and they will put a stamp in your passport that will act as a temporary green card for up to another year. If your passport is expired, bring 2 passport style photos and they will create a new document that will do the same thing. At this appointment, they may (or may not) take your expired green card, your expired letter, or both (so make copies for your records). This is fine. The stamp is, to all intents and purposes, a green card.

14 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

I just read the September-2016 thread that there is one CSC September filer got his approval today.

It is probably meaningless but we all hope for those of us who are waiting for so long to be the lucky anomalies!

Timeline

USISC updated processing times again yesterday, but it is meaningless as it has the same info since the last update just a few days ago.-_-

Filed: Timeline
On 9/22/2017 at 8:01 PM, nightingalejules said:

Hi, thanks for the info about how to applying infopass. That will be really helpful in case by the end of my 1 year temporary extension, the new 10 years GC is still not approved yet.

I still have a question about it. When will I be eligible to make an infopass appointment? Do i have to wait till my 1 year expired or can I do it like a month before or so?

Thank you.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nemoisfound said:

Hi, thanks for the info about how to applying infopass. That will be really helpful in case by the end of my 1 year temporary extension, the new 10 years GC is still not approved yet.

I still have a question about it. When will I be eligible to make an infopass appointment? Do i have to wait till my 1 year expired or can I do it like a month before or so?

Thank you.

30 days before the NOA or conditional green card expires, some officers go by NOA, some go by the CG expiration date.

Filed: Timeline
4 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

30 days before the NOA or conditional green card expires, some officers go by NOA, some go by the CG expiration date.

Thank you for your reply.

If its by NOA, it's already expired by 8/22. But if its by GC expiration, it will be expired by 11/15. Do you think i should go ahead make an appointment or wait till 30 days before my gc expired?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nemoisfound said:

Thank you for your reply.

If its by NOA, it's already expired by 8/22. But if its by GC expiration, it will be expired by 11/15. Do you think i should go ahead make an appointment or wait till 30 days before my gc expired?

Welcome. I did mine on 7/17, my 751 NOA is 8/8/2016. It really depends on the officer. If I were you, I would just go ahead and try to make an appointment now, if they reject you, then make another appointment after 10/15, by then they can't reject you because it will be within 30 days of you conditional green card's expiration date. It is really not a big deal. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

My wife just got her I-551 stamp (Chicago) this morning. Only granted 6 months, as we've read for several other Chicago cases here. :huh:

The officer also told her she should not have applied for citizenship before ROC was finished, but everything we've read/seen here on VJ and in official USCIS policy shows it's fine to have done so. Anyhow, here's hoping the rest of the process goes smoothly!

Timeline
1 hour ago, AK_2014 said:

My wife just got her I-551 stamp (Chicago) this morning. Only granted 6 months, as we've read for several other Chicago cases here. :huh:

The officer also told her she should not have applied for citizenship before ROC was finished, but everything we've read/seen here on VJ and in official USCIS policy shows it's fine to have done so. Anyhow, here's hoping the rest of the process goes smoothly!

USCIS officers aren't always on the same page. The USCIS adjudication manual says it is ok to apply 400 while 751 is pending, and many officers have said it is ok too. Card's delay is unprecedented, but at least it is moving a little bit.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, AK_2014 said:

1 hour ago, Zombie69 said:

USCIS officers aren't always on the same page. The USCIS adjudication manual says it is ok to apply 400 while 751 is pending, and many officers have said it is ok too. Card's delay is unprecedented, but at least it is moving a little bit.

USCIS hasn't returned any N-400 applications with I-751 applications pending so it's okay to apply for Citizenship while your ROC application is pending.  :dancing:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

I wanted to share my experience here 

my appplication was received on august 22nd 2016. 

I made an infopass appointment last week on the 22nd.

when the officer looked up my case number she looked at me and said "congrats! Your application was approved yesterday". 

I Came back home yesterday and today I received the approval letter in the mail. 

date of decision was September 21st 

good luck to the everybody 

my case was at Vermont center 

Edited by Glory8787

Good afternoon,

I received NOA on August 1, 2016 for the extension. My extension ends on October 28, 2017 and I have an infopass appointment on September 29 in Los Angeles. I recently moved to Los Angeles and contacted USCIS about the address change. I have a few questions:

1. All I have as proof of residence in Los Angeles is the rental agreement, would that be sufficient to prove residence to an immigration officer during infopass appointment?

2. Other than carrying appointment notice, expired GC and the extension letter, passport, is there anything else I need to carry or any unpleasant situations I should look out for?

Any advice is much appreciated!

3 minutes ago, bhupatel said:

Good afternoon,

I received NOA on August 1, 2016 for the extension. My extension ends on October 28, 2017 and I have an infopass appointment on September 29 in Los Angeles. I recently moved to Los Angeles and contacted USCIS about the address change. I have a few questions:

1. All I have as proof of residence in Los Angeles is the rental agreement, would that be sufficient to prove residence to an immigration officer during infopass appointment?

2. Other than carrying appointment notice, expired GC and the extension letter, passport, is there anything else I need to carry or any unpleasant situations I should look out for?

Any advice is much appreciated!

The rental agreement should be sufficient, I think. Since it seems you have filed the online AR-11 form and mailed in your spouse's I-865,  you will be able to doublecheck that they have your new address on file when you're at your Infopass. This should also help to A: prove your new address and B: ensure that your approval/RFE/interview appointment comes to your new address.

I had just changed my address when I went for my Infopass and they didn't ask for verification of my address. They did confirm that the new address was in their system, and the whole process was painless. All I needed was my expired GC (which they kept, so scan or make copies) the extension, my passport and my appointment confirmation. I think she might have looked at my driver's license too but I don't remember.

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.