Murf & Reggie

I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, TimAdri said:

We got approved close to exactly one year from filing...VSC....I think you may be talking about CSC filers....look at my signature below...timeline is there 

Yes, CSC filers are the ones that are cursed. The majority of VSC filers are being approved left and right.

Timeline

New update, now they are currently processing July 5th 2016. So a bit better, 2 weeks per month now. So we are looking at mid November for the CSC August filers. VSC is way ahead of us, they are on August 15th now.

25 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

New update, now they are currently processing July 5th 2016. So a bit better, 2 weeks per month now. So we are looking at mid November for the CSC August filers. VSC is way ahead of us, they are on August 15th now.

Like you said a bit better zombie! Let's hope to hear something on November. 🙌🏻

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

VSC is officially stating that they are at Aug 15th ..........but 70% of September VSC filers have been approved....so in reality they are at September October approval time frame....

On the other hand when CSC says July 5th.... They are still lagging behind in June ....

------------------------

17 APRIL 2013 : NOA1 Priority date
27 NOV: TSC; Transfered from NBC

3 Feb : NOA2 ( 296 days)

4 March: Shipped to NVC

11 March : Received at NVC

11 April: Case # assigned

18 April: paid both fees

9May: mailed AOS & IV packages

8May: DS260 completed

16May: packets scanned in NVC system

13 June: check list : missing page 7 of i864.

25 June : scan date AOS checklist

7 Aug: Case Complete...... BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT

14 Aug: interview date assigned

16 Aug: Email interview appointment received

18 Aug: Medical completed

23 Aug: biometric done,DS260 stamped, fingerprints taken.

10 Sep: interview day; interview took 511 days from I-130 NOA1

====================================================

11. 9/17/2016: I-751 packet received by CSC

12.Check Cashed : 9/21/2016

13. NOA1: 9/23/2016

14. BIOMETRICS : 10/12/2016

---------------------------

Timeline
3 minutes ago, friendlyusa said:

VSC is officially stating that they are at Aug 15th ..........but 70% of September VSC filers have been approved....so in reality they are at September October approval time frame....

On the other hand when CSC says July 5th.... They are still lagging behind in June ....

Don't forget there are s lot of applicants who are not on VJ.

12 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Don't forget there are s lot of applicants who are not on VJ.

@friendlyusa Don't forget these stats are as of July 31, 2017 and not end of August or September so your observation is true and makes logical sense given the latest update. 

@Zombie69 I think of VJ as providing us with a good representative sample of all applicants. Yes, perhaps there are some statistical biases and skew in the data but for the most part I think on average, it should be able to predict approval times that can guide the rest of us who are still waiting. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

20 minutes ago, friendlyusa said:

It seems like CSC is sending more RFEs to make sure if the applicants are still married!  :bonk:

Well, it's their fault that they have to make sure that the applicants are still married since it's been over a year since we applied!  :dead:

I saw one June filer receiving a RFE since they moved?  :wow:  I wonder if they submitted two change of address forms - one for the spouse and the other for the beneficiary.  :huh2:  Well, some of us have moved since we were renting apartments and bought condos or houses since we sent our applications.  :no:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Timeline
13 minutes ago, lesly87 said:

@friendlyusa Don't forget these stats are as of July 31, 2017 and not end of August or September so your observation is true and makes logical sense given the latest update. 

@Zombie69 I think of VJ as providing us with a good representative sample of all applicants. Yes, perhaps there are some statistical biases and skew in the data but for the most part I think on average, it should be able to predict approval times that can guide the rest of us who are still waiting. 

It is like polling that may or may not be accurate. We use 90 some people to determine the actual approval rate, and everyone's situation is different, but it does give you representative idea about the process, it says July 5th now, that doesn't necessarily mean people who applied on July 5th are being approved, some get approved quickly, some get RFEs, some get interviews, there is no absolute but just general process and average. So we will see. I will say another 3 months for August filers.

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline
1 minute ago, AustinCanada said:

It seems like CSC is sending more RFEs to make sure if the applicants are still married!  :bonk:

Well, it's their fault that they have to make sure that the applicants are still married since it's been over a year since we applied!  :dead:

I saw one June filer receiving a RFE since they moved?  :wow:  I wonder if they submitted two change of address forms - one for the spouse and the other for the beneficiary.  :huh2:  Well, some of us have moved since we were renting apartments and bought condos or houses since we sent our applications.  :no:

Yeah, maybe if you move, that might become a red flag for vetting further??lol

30 minutes ago, lesly87 said:

There's also I-751 tracker. It's much less representative than VJ but still can be helpful

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/i751

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The time table has been updated on USCIS, now it's July 5th?! I never really understand this table that much, it says last updated 9/18/17, but on the top it says "field Office Processing Dates for California Service Center as of: July 31, 2017"

why can they have a processing date for CSC as of at least August 31, 2017?! why a month and half delayed time table?! 

finger crossed everyone! we are almost there...

Form I-130
9/9/2013: Married

10/21/2013: APPLICATION SENT

10/23/2013: NOA1

4/1/2014: NOA2

8/14/2014: Case Complete

10/20/2014: POE EXACT A YEAR!

Form I-751: Remove the Conditions on Residence

7/27/2016: Application Sent

8/1/2016: NOA1 - CSC 

10/18/2016: Biometrics

12/1/2017: Received RFE

12/7/2017: additional evidence sent and delivered 

2/2/2018: Green card mailed! Status changed! 

Finger Crossed! 

Filed: Timeline

Guys, long time lurker here. I posted quite a bit 3 years ago when I first applied for my conditional green card. Anyway, I'm an August filer, CSC, and I just got my 10 year GC on the mail on Saturday!!! Just wanted to let you know things seem to be going in the right direction now!!

Hang in there, you will get approved soon!! good luck everyone

2 minutes ago, osprey said:

Guys, long time lurker here. I posted quite a bit 3 years ago when I first applied for my conditional green card. Anyway, I'm an August filer, CSC, and I just got my 10 year GC on the mail on Saturday!!! Just wanted to let you know things seem to be going in the right direction now!!

Thats good stuff osprey! Did you add yourself to the tracker or this thread status? Would be great to have you all there. :)

Anyways, seems like the L2 officer I talked to was roughly right. My case was updated today - but no status update. Just says last updated 09/18, but when I check status it says that they received the case 08/04/2016.. So something is going on there..

Naturalization (Eligeble for Naturalization 07/16/2017) - Package send out late, not sure I was going to send it out before or after ROC approval.
[07/29/2017]: Day 00 - Full package sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox using Fedex 3 day.
[08/02/2017]: Day 04 - Package arrived, signed by E.Dejesus.
[08/02/2017]: Day 04 - NOA
[08/07/2017]: Day 09 - Check cashed
[08/21/2017]: Day 23 - Walk-in Biometrics
[12/08/2017]: Day 133 - In-line for interview
[05/09/2018]: Day 282 - Interview scheduled (text/email notification)
[06/13/2018]: Day 319 - Interview (Recommended approval) - Officer said Oath should be July 12 in Oakland.
[06/25/2018]: Day 331 - Oath letter received, scheduled for oath the 12th of July.
[07/12/2018]: Day 348 - Oath - COMPLETED. I'm a US Citizen

ROC (Eligeble for ROC 07/16/2016) - Package send out late as we were too busy to compile it.
ROC Approved in 484 days. 10yr GC in hand in 489 days.
[08/01/2016]: Day 00 - Full package (8.5 lbs) sent to California Processing center using USPS Flat Rate Box (late at night).
[08/04/2016]: Day 04 - Package delivered.
[08/08/2016]: Day 08 - Check cashed.
[08/09/2016]: Day 09 - NOA and 1 year extension letter arrived., dated 08/04/2016
[09/16/2016]: Day 47 - Received Biometrics Appointment for 09/28/2016
[09/27/2016]: Day 58 - Early walk-in biometrics.

[11/27/2017]: Day 484 - Text/Email notification - Card was ordered

[11/30/2017]: Day 487 - Approval letter received, dated 11/27/2017; Postmark 11/28/2017

[11/30/2017]: Day 487 - Text/Email notification - Card was mailed to me

[12/02/2017]: Day 489 - 10yr I-551 (GREEN CARD) in hand

AOS from L1 through USC Spouse (instead of work based AOS - PERM approved in May)

AOS Approved in 109 days (5 days after interview). GC in hand in 117 days.

[06/27/2014]: Filed

[10/20/2014]: Day 117 - I-551 (GREEN CARD) in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
5 minutes ago, osprey said:

AWESOME!!!!! 

Form I-130
9/9/2013: Married

10/21/2013: APPLICATION SENT

10/23/2013: NOA1

4/1/2014: NOA2

8/14/2014: Case Complete

10/20/2014: POE EXACT A YEAR!

Form I-751: Remove the Conditions on Residence

7/27/2016: Application Sent

8/1/2016: NOA1 - CSC 

10/18/2016: Biometrics

12/1/2017: Received RFE

12/7/2017: additional evidence sent and delivered 

2/2/2018: Green card mailed! Status changed! 

Finger Crossed! 

5 minutes ago, osprey said:

Wooow, congratulations! I hope they woke up indeed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.