Murf & Reggie

I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
5 hours ago, AustinCanada said:

I sent my N-400 application package by mail (not online) on Tuesday!  :dance:

Well, we were told that we were not supposed to talk about N-400 on this thread!  :bonk:

But...you can see my posting on the "N-400 August 2017 Filers" group!  :dancing:

Thanks AustinCanada. I haven´t been following the thread in a long time. A lot to catch up!!. Sorry about the confusion.

I will follow the N-400 thread

I-751 ROC
2016-08-31 I-751 form sent to USCIS
2016-09-02 NOA 1
2016-10-13 Biometrics appointment

N-400

2017-08-31 Filed N-400 online

2017-08-31 Receipt Notice

2017-09-18 Biometrics Appointment

Some questions for the folks applying for citizenship with ROC still pending:

1. Do you submit a copy of the I-551 stamp in lieu of the permanent resident card? Include expired card as well?

2. On the N-400, do you need to put employment and school for 5 years, or only 3 years? The intent doesn't seem to be listing employment if that employment was in the country you immigrated from before the immigration process started. 

3. Same thing with the "Provide the total number of trips (24 hours or longer) you have taken outside the United States during the last 5 years." What do you do if you’ve only been in the US 3 years? Do they recognize that this form has limitations and should be read contextually, or should you follow it verbatim regardless?

4. Any threads on here with successful stories of people who have taken this route of applying before ROC finalized?

Edited by Lermontov

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lermontov said:

Some questions for the folks applying for citizenship with ROC still pending:

1. Do you submit a copy of the I-551 stamp in lieu of the permanent resident card? Include expired card as well?

2. On the N-400, do you need to put employment and school for 5 years, or only 3 years? The intent doesn't seem to be listing employment if that employment was in the country you immigrated from before the immigration process started. 

3. Same thing with the "Provide the total number of trips (24 hours or longer) you have taken outside the United States during the last 5 years." What do you do if you’ve only been in the US 3 years? Do they recognize that this form has limitations and should be read contextually, or should you follow it verbatim regardless?

4. Any threads on here with successful stories of people who have taken this route of applying before ROC finalized?

Yes, i did all that. 551 stamp, expired green card.

Yes, it has to be the last 5 years, where you have lived and worked or schools you attended.

You have to answer the question about the trip you took outside the US over the past 5 years, it doesn't matter how long you have been in the States, you just need to answer the question truthfully. 

There are a few anecdotal pieces of evidence of all kinds of different scenarios, but no one will get their 400 approved before 751 approved, it is just the law, they may combine the two when it is your time to do the 400 interview  my lawyer told me over the past 15 years, she had never been in a situation where she applied for N400 while 751 is pending until me, so the delay of CSC is unprecedented because normally applicants usually do not wait for over a year like this, and CSC is very delayed, it is not just a bit over a year, we might have to wait for a year and a half or even possibly two years depending on whether CSC. PS, the moderators here do not want people to talk about 400 here, so gotta be a bit careful, if you want to talk about 400 related matters, should go to the 400 thread. They might remove the 400 related topics, and they have. Good luck.

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline

A buddy of mine from June thread who is a CSC filer made an outside promising time case inquiry after waiting for 1 year and 2 months, this is what he got, useless and it is not saying anything, so predictable.. :(

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

On 08/19/2017, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-751 to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

Thank you for your inquiry.  We recognize your interest in the final adjudication of your pending petition and are aware of the difficulties caused by any delay in processing. We regret that we are not able to give you a timeframe for when we will review your case but the California Service Center is committed to processing this workload.  We will be making every effort to adjudicate your case in the most efficient manner based on our available resources.   

In the interim, if your I-551 has expired and your I-797, Notice of Action, extending your conditional status for a 1-year period has expired, you may elect to create an appointment to attend a local USCIS Field Office. At your appointment, a USCIS Officer may stamp your unexpired foreign passport with an I-551 stamp with a 12-month expiration date. To create an appointment with a local field office, please refer to our website:

https://my.uscis.gov/appointment

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

6 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Yes, i did all that. 551 stamp, expired green card.

Yes, it has to be the last 5 years, where you have lived and worked or schools you attended.

You have to answer the question about the trip you took outside the US over the past 5 years, it doesn't matter how long you have been in the States, you just need to answer the question truthfully. 

There are a few anecdotal pieces of evidence of all kinds of different scenarios, but no one will get their 400 approved before 751 approved, it is just the law, they may combine the two when it is your time to do the 400 interview  my lawyer told me over the past 15 years, she had never been in a situation where she applied for N400 while 751 is pending until me, so the delay of CSC is unprecedented because normally applicants usually do not wait for over a year like this, and CSC is very delayed, it is not just a bit over a year, we might have to wait for a year and a half or even possibly two years depending on whether CSC. PS, the moderators here do not want people to talk about 400 here, so gotta be a bit careful, if you want to talk about 400 related matters, should go to the 400 thread. They might remove the 400 related topics, and they have. Good luck.

Thanks so much.

6 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Are you sure about this, Zombie69? Other posts I've seen state that you read the 5 years as 3 years, if the application is based on marriage.

Spoiler

K1

15 November 2013: Sent I-129F Package 

21 November 2013: NOA1 

20 December 2013: NOA2

23 January 2014: Medical (London)

11 April 2014: Interview - Approved!

29 April 2014: POE Chicago

20 June 2014: Married in DC

AOS

7 July 2014: Mailed AOSEAD & AP forms via USPS

14 July 2014: NOA1 Text & E-Mails (x3) received at 23:52hrs (Received Date: 07/11/2014)

14 July 2014: Cheque cashed & I-485 transferred to Nebraska Service Centre

18 July 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received (x3)

22 July 2014: Biometrics Letter rec'd (Appointment 07/31/2014)

23 July 2014: Early Biometrics walk-in at Cincinnati office successful!

05 September 2014: EAD & AP approved! (texts rec'd 16:45hrs)

11 September 2014: EAD/AP card mailed

12 September 2014: EAD/AP card in hand (delivered 9:54am)

18 October 2014: Potential interview waiver letter rec'd (Dated: 10/15/2014)

19 May 2015: I-485 approved! (No interview) Welcome letter mailed!

23 May 2015: I-797 (NOA2) Welcome notice received

27 May 2015: Green card received

ROC

ROC filing window opens 18 February 2017

16 February 2017: ROC packet mailed to CSC

18 February 2017: USPS Tracking - Ready for collection from PO Box

25 February 2017: NOA1 received dated 02/21/2017

03 March 2017: Received biometrics appointment letter dated 25th February 2017. Appointment on 16 March 2017.

16 March 2017: Biometrics completed

08 March 2018: Case (allegedly) transferred to the National Benefits Center (presumably for a combo interview)

04 April 2019: ROC approved (as part of N-400 combo interview)

N-400

18 February 2018: N-400 Application submitted online

21 February 2018: NOA1 Rreceived

23 February 2018: Biometrics appointment letter received. Appointment 13 March 2018. 

27 April 2018: Interview notice received. Interview Date: June 5, 2018. Request to reschedule sent as out of the country at that time.

04 April 2019: Attended interview ... PASSED!

11 April 2019: Oath ceremony

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Derwood said:

Are you sure about this, Zombie69? Other posts I've seen state that you read the 5 years as 3 years, if the application is based on marriage.

My lawyer answered it as 5 years, I was merely answering the question. Besides even if the question asks 5 years and it meant for 3 years, it would not have hurt just to give out the last 5 years of history of residence, trips, etc.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Derwood said:

Moderators will remove 400 related discussions, just to remind you. We are not supposed to talk about 400 here. You can go to 400 threads for that, good luck.

Timeline

Just talked to a second tier immigration officer on the phone. He told me that a supervisor is currently reviewing my case and i will hear from them by mid Sept, there is a 50/50 chance for either an interview or just plain approval. Hope it is the latter. At least, this is a major development. Wow, if that is really the case, my wait is about to be over. Woo hoo. If they want an interview, bring it on, we are ready too! :D

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Just talked to a second tier immigration officer on the phone. He told me that a supervisor is currently reviewing my case and i will hear from them by mid Sept, there is a 50/50 chance for either an interview or just plain approval. Hope it is the latter. At least, this is a major development. Wow, if that is really the case, my wait is about to be over. Woo hoo. If they want an interview, bring it on, we are ready too! :D

So they are not combining your I-751 and N-400 applications together?  :blink:

Mid September (less than a month) seems super fast considering there are some June filers and lots of July filers still waiting?  -_-

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Timeline
5 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

So they are not combining your I-751 and N-400 applications together?  :blink:

Mid September (less than a month) seems super fast considering there are some June filers and lots of July filers still waiting?  -_-

Obviously, they are not combining it in my case. I told you they would not necessarily and administratively combine the 2. What the officer told me could not have been more specific, I was quite surprised because my expectations were so low. Don't forget if you look at the processing times chart, it says as of 6/30, they were processing cases from around 6/20, and now it is almost Sept. That is why we have seen people started to hear from USCIS. Two  late July CSC filers just heard from them, one was required a RFE, the other one was scheduled an interview, and now me. So you are not too far away from hearing from them. You can give them a call in a few weeks and see what happens, make sure you talk to a second tier immigration officer.  Either way, I am glad at least I know what the hell is going on with my case and it has been almost 1 year and 1 month.

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Obviously, they are not combining it in my case. I told you they would not necessarily and administratively combine the 2. What the officer told me could not have been more specific, I was quite surprised because my expectations were so low. Don't forget if you look at the processing times chart, it says as of 6/30, they were processing cases from around 6/20, and now it is almost Sept. That is why we have seen people started to hear from USCIS. Two  late July CSC filers just heard from them, one was required a RFE, the other one was scheduled an interview, and now me. So you are not too far away from hearing from them. You can give them a call in a few weeks and see what happens, make sure you talk to a second tier immigration officer.  Either way, I am glad at least I know what the hell is going on with my case and it has been almost 1 year and 1 month.

I'd be nice to receive a 10-year Green Card, but I'm okay with not having one (if they end up combining my I-751 and N-400 applications) since I still have my expired 2-year Green Card and have the extension stamp until July, 2018.   :dancing:  I hope I become a US citizen before that!  :yes:   Fingers crossed!  :star:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

I'd be nice to receive a 10-year Green Card, but I'm okay with not having one (if they end up combining my I-751 and N-400 applications) since I still have my expired 2-year Green Card and have the extension stamp until July, 2018.   :dancing:  I hope I become a US citizen before that!  :yes:   Fingers crossed!  :star:

Good attitude, but I have a feeling we will all be approved before 400 though, we will see. And obviously, looks like they are not going to combine mine, are they? If i really get approved in 2 weeks, then i guess I will be very lucky because many July filers are waiting too, but it could be that they will all of a sudden be approved or hearing from them too, I suppose that is possible too.

Edited by Zombie69

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.