Murf & Reggie

I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, 4444510 said:

Oh please, you got the daughter together and a bunch of serious documents, what RFE.

That is very true, but USCIS could be unpredictable. They mess you up sometimes even thought if applicants have children with their American citizen spouses. Unlikely in this case for Indiandude, But you are right, what RFE:jest:But Indiandude was just being cautious.

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline

For those of you and myself included who applied for 400 while 751 is pending. Been thinking about why USCIS may delay 751 in this situation I guess It kind of makes sense from USCIS' perspective, by the time the 400 interview comes around for applicants like us, most applicants after the approval have to surrender their 10 year green card at the oath ceremony. Knowing those of us whose ultimate goal is 400, why approve 751 and go through the trouble of producing the card knowing it will be returned to them again just after 7 or 8 months of the possession of the 10 year green card, I guess it is just more efficient or cost saving from their respective, but our reward may be quicker process overall to get to the goal of 400 without having to wait for 751. I guess it is not a bad deal except being kept in the dark for 7 or 8 more months about the 751 status. Alway the patience that does the trick.:P. I have heard from a few reports that after the 400 interview is approved, some applicants just got the oath letter directly without even getting notified for 751 approval. It was approved by law, they obviously had to, but they just would not send you the green card to the 400 applicants who were approved obviously. Two birds with one stone kind of situation, that is one of the pros for applicants like us i guess.

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone!

So last year , late August 2016 we send i-751 along with all needed documentation....few weeks after we received extenstion letter saying we got 1 year extension of Green Card....thats usual...in October 2016 had biometrics done . However, the old 2 year Green Card expires in a couple of DAYS and we still did not receive any notification , or new renewed green card....so we are now with no new green card and expired older green card. 

Whats going on - did anyone from late August 2016 received new 10 years Green Card? We sent all needed and no any notification ...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, T&K.Love said:

Hi everyone!

So last year , late August 2016 we send i-751 along with all needed documentation....few weeks after we received extenstion letter saying we got 1 year extension of Green Card....thats usual...in October 2016 had biometrics done . However, the old 2 year Green Card expires in a couple of DAYS and we still did not receive any notification , or new renewed green card....so we are now with no new green card and expired older green card. 

Whats going on - did anyone from late August 2016 received new 10 years Green Card? We sent all needed and no any notification ...

Your filing center California or Vermont ? 

California  processing time around 15 months.. If you filed with Vermont you should put a service request for case out of normal processing time. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

For those of you and myself included who applied for 400 while 751 is pending. Been thinking about why USCIS may delay 751 in this situation I guess It kind of makes sense from USCIS' perspective, by the time the 400 interview comes around for applicants like us, most applicants after the approval have to surrender their 10 year green card at the oath ceremony. Knowing those of us whose ultimate goal is 400, why approve 751 and go through the trouble of producing the card knowing it will be returned to them again just after 7 or 8 months of the possession of the 10 year green card, I guess it is just more efficient or cost saving from their respective, but our reward may be quicker process overall to get to the goal of 400 without having to wait for 751. I guess it is not a bad deal except being kept in the dark for 7 or 8 more months about the 751 status. Alway the patience that does the trick.:P. I have heard from a few reports that after the 400 interview is approved, some applicants just got the oath letter directly without even getting notified for 751 approval. It was approved by law, they obviously had to, but they just would not send you the green card to the 400 applicants who were approved obviously. Two birds with one stone kind of situation, that is one of the pros for applicants like us i guess.

I am sure people would prefer getting their naturalization certificate from USCIS than their 10 year green card. :jest:

On another note, if USCIS advanced by 15 calendar days then I predict the following- 

Update -          October 13 2017 - July 19 2016 (Processing date) 

Potential update - Nov 13 2017 - August 3 2016

Potential update - Dec 13 2017 - August 18 2016 

Potential update - Jan 13 2018 - September 2 2016

Let's hope by end of January all of us August 2016 filers @ CSC get approved. It's a really long wait ;)

05-18 Got Married in Mumbai, India

07-11 Mailed i-130 petition

07-17 Received Form I-797C. MSC#

01-03 Case transferred to NSC

03-11 I-130 approved

Total time in USCIS: 8.0 months

03-17 Case recieved at NVC

04-24 Filled out DS 261

05-11 Mailed AOS package

05-17 Mailed IV package

05-19 AOS "scanned" date

05-23 IV package "scanned" date

06-18 Received checklist on AOS

06-19 Mailed checklist response

06-25 IV docs accepted. False checklist on AOS

06-26 new AOS scan date.

"30 business days" will be up on August 7

Approximate time spent at NVC: 5.5 months

Timeline
18 minutes ago, indiandude1111 said:

I am sure people would prefer getting their naturalization certificate from USCIS than their 10 year green card. :jest:

On another note, if USCIS advanced by 15 calendar days then I predict the following- 

Update -          October 13 2017 - July 19 2016 (Processing date) 

Potential update - Nov 13 2017 - August 3 2016

Potential update - Dec 13 2017 - August 18 2016 

Potential update - Jan 13 2018 - September 2 2016

Let's hope by end of January all of us August 2016 filers @ CSC get approved. It's a really long wait ;)

Your processing time update is about right and spot on. Yes, I prefer the citizenship,lol. 

Hello guys so my extension is about to expire next week. There are never appointments available to make an infopass appointment. My lawyer told me to just walk in to the immigration office one week before the expiration day which is today and they will stamp my passport with the 551. I just called immigration and they told me that they prefer an infopass because there is no guarantee that they will let me in without the appointment. My questions is all of you were able to make an appointment??? What about those that never found an available appointment... did you guys just walk in??? Thanks. 

Edited by Pmem

I was approved a month ago (9/19) but I have not received the new GC yet, nor my status has been updated online yet. Is anyone else in the same situation?

Edited by Bulerias

05/10/2014 Sent package

05/12/2014 Package received

05/18/2014 NOA text messages/emails

05/22/2014 NOA1 received in the mail

05/31/2014 Bio appointment letter received

06/09/2014 Bio appointment scheduled

06/10/2014 RFE received

07/03/2014 RFE replied

07/29/2014 EAD card production

07/29/2014 I-485 moved to testing & interview

08/05/2014 Received the EAD card

08/20/2014 Interview date Sept. 23

10/01/2014 Received NOA 2 and tracking number

10/02/2014 Received GC

ROC

08/19/2016 Sent package

08/22/2016 Package received

08/23/2016 NOA1

09/19/2016 Biometrics

Timeline
1 hour ago, Pmem said:

Hello guys so my extension is about to expire next week. There are never appointments available to make an infopass appointment. My lawyer told me to just walk in to the immigration office one week before the expiration day which is today and they will stamp my passport with the 551. I just called immigration and they told me that they prefer an infopass because there is no guarantee that they will let me in without the appointment. My questions is all of you were able to make an appointment??? What about those that never found an available appointment... did you guys just walk in??? Thanks. 

USCIS rarely allows person without infopass appointment.  You should try to refresh it every half hour. I know its very hard.. There are times the slots were opened after midnight.. one time afternoon.. the 2 days later on Monday morning plenty of appts were available.. so just keep looking  

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Bulerias said:

I was approved a month ago (9/19) but I have not received the new GC yet, nor my status has been updated online yet. Is anyone else in the same situation?

Did you get a letter or email ?? if yes should call and speak to Tier 2 agent 

I received the approval letter but no email or text message saying that card went into production.

05/10/2014 Sent package

05/12/2014 Package received

05/18/2014 NOA text messages/emails

05/22/2014 NOA1 received in the mail

05/31/2014 Bio appointment letter received

06/09/2014 Bio appointment scheduled

06/10/2014 RFE received

07/03/2014 RFE replied

07/29/2014 EAD card production

07/29/2014 I-485 moved to testing & interview

08/05/2014 Received the EAD card

08/20/2014 Interview date Sept. 23

10/01/2014 Received NOA 2 and tracking number

10/02/2014 Received GC

ROC

08/19/2016 Sent package

08/22/2016 Package received

08/23/2016 NOA1

09/19/2016 Biometrics

2 hours ago, dnp2014 said:

USCIS rarely allows person without infopass appointment.  You should try to refresh it every half hour. I know its very hard.. There are times the slots were opened after midnight.. one time afternoon.. the 2 days later on Monday morning plenty of appts were available.. so just keep looking  

You were right! They didn’t stamp my passport the appointment is necessary... I explained that there are never appointments available in Austin tx so they told me to go to San Antonio tx. I just made an appointment in nov 2 to get the stamp. Thanks @dnp2014

9 hours ago, dnp2014 said:

Your filing center California or Vermont ? 

California  processing time around 15 months.. If you filed with Vermont you should put a service request for case out of normal processing time. 

Thanks so much for reply! I really appreciate knowing whats going on....yes we filled with California service center ... so it takes more than 1 year for California service center....did not know that as extension letter gave extension for 1 year so i thought during 1 year timeframe a new one should arrive...

Edited by T&K.Love

Timeline
2 hours ago, T&K.Love said:

Thanks so much for reply! I really appreciate knowing whats going on....yes we filled with California service center ... so it takes more than 1 year for California service center....did not know that as extension letter gave extension for 1 year so i thought during 1 year timeframe a new one should arrive...

Check date on your extension letter. I think CSC only started reviewing august cases. You should hear in a month 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.