Murf & Reggie

I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Thanks for the response. I did talk to lawyer about my personal concern. She told me she felt me and she understood how frustrating it was, but she didn't really tell me to go to that route of talking to my congressman or senator yet, I will talk to her about that when the time comes. My spouse just turned 89, and you are right, maybe I can raise that concern because the fact is i do want to see my man seeing me become a citizen, but that is personal, not sure USCIS will care about that, but thanks for your suggestion, I will talk to my lawyer that about that possibility, thanks.

If I remember correctly, some people got their cases expedited for medical reasons for their I-130 applications.  :wacko:

I hope your hubby is a healthy 89-year-old gentleman, but if he has a medical condition, you might want to talk to your congressman or senator.  :unsure:

Either way, I hope you become a US citizen ASAP!  :dance:  Fingers crossed!  :yes:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
53 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

If I remember correctly, some people got their cases expedited for medical reasons for their I-130 applications.  :wacko:

I hope your hubby is a healthy 89-year-old gentleman, but if he has a medical condition, you might want to talk to your congressman or senator.  :unsure:

Either way, I hope you become a US citizen ASAP!  :dance:  Fingers crossed!  :yes:

Yes, thanks, bud. My hubby's health is surprisingly strong considered his age,  knock on wood. But he is not getting younger, might be a good idea to get my congressman involved. We got nothing to lose. Known my hubby for 20 years, not our fault we could not get married until DOMA and prop 8 were struck down. Good luck to you too, Let's hope we all get approved soon. 

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline
16 hours ago, guvnor said:

this thread is so depressing. So many people frustrated with USCIS. Come on USCIS get your act straight. 

May be we should all tweet to President... to get some traction. 

That is the last thing i would to. Tweeting to the president is not a good idea since he is so anti immigrants. That would just remind him and Steve Bannon and he will do the opposite what we expect to make it even slower.

Timeline
16 hours ago, guvnor said:

this thread is so depressing. So many people frustrated with USCIS. Come on USCIS get your act straight. 

May be we should all tweet to President... to get some traction. 

I just have this bad feeling that we are going to wait for 1 year to 1 year and a half. Don't know if there is anything we can do to let them know we are frustrated, I guess we just have to keep waiting and waiting or get our senators or congressman involved. My lawyer told me something disturbing. The normal processing times are really 2 years, if we don't get our green cards in 2 years, then she said we could sue the government by hiring probono lawyers, she didn't say it would come to that, but she kind of indicated that is the reality. She told me 751 and 400 are always backed up, and this year is not new, but she did say USCIS is 8 months behind their normal processing times. 8 freaking months and that confirms that possibility of having to wait for another 7 or 8 months or 9 if you are a August filers. For other applicants who just filed this month, good luck, you wait just got started. A friend of mine got his 751 approved last year and it took him 10 months, but they made a spelling mistake on his name, so he had to apply to fix it and that took another 11 months just to correct his name. So USCIS obviously is highly inefficient. One should not have to wait for a name change for 11 months. So far, I have not seen any July approvals(with an exception of one that may not mean anything), not to mention August filers. Sigh, this is really frustrating I agree.

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline

I just want to share what lawyer told me a few weeks ago in response to my question about when to submit an inquiry for pending 751 realistically, this is what my lawyer told me a few weeks ago. She has been my lawyer and she is a highly experienced and reputable one and she is also an activist immigration lawyer who joined the protest not so long ago against Trump's immigration ban, she got my 601 approved along with every other application. This is her response. 

That could be the cause of the delay. Please understand that you are waiting along with everyone else. Until you fall outside the processing time, any inquiry we try to make will be rejected since the application is within the processing time. When things get delayed like this (all applications that are pending get delayed), really the only solution is to wait until the case has been pending more than 1 1/2 - 2 years and then file a lawsuit against the federal government. That is a pricey endeavor. 

If your application gets delayed beyond the processing time, then we will make an inquiry. 

I understand your frustration and appreciate your continued patience. 

So according to my lawyer, normal processing times are really 1.5 to 2 years, that is kind of ###### up, isn't it? I thought I would share this with you. So we are supposed to sue the government and it is going to be pricey?? I guess I am just frustrated, it probably won't come to that, but that is what she told me. Don't mean to discourage all you guys here.. She also said if things go really bad and it is pending for more than a year, she will meet with her colleagues and see if anyone of them is interested in a class action law suit, i was like what the F?? What if applicants can't afford hiring a lawyer for that, then we are just doomed and have to keep renewing 551?? It doesn't make much sense, and I really hope it doesn't come to that, so frustrating.
Edited by Zombie69

Timeline
10 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Yes, thanks, bud. My hubby's health is surprisingly strong considered his age,  knock on wood. But he is not getting younger, might be a good idea to get my congressman involved. We got nothing to lose. Known my hubby for 20 years, not our fault we could not get married until DOMA and prop 8 were struck down. Good luck to you too, Let's hope we all get approved soon. 

Nice to hear that your hubby is a healthy 89-year-old gentleman!  :dance:

It doesn't cost you any money to talk to your congressman/senator!  You got nothing to lose!  :whistle:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

Timeline
22 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

Nice to hear that your hubby is a healthy 89-year-old gentleman!  :dance:

It doesn't cost you any money to talk to your congressman/senator!  You got nothing to lose!  :whistle:

Exactly. It will have been a year by this August, I will wait and see if i hear from USCIS and I will also ask for my lawyer's advice, just to get everybody's opinion, but like you said, I got nothing to lose, thanks.           

Timeline
On 5/7/2017 at 9:03 AM, Zombie69 said:

Has USCIS frozen again? It seems like it has come to a complete halt again? Looks like 1.5 years of wait could be a true. Someone prove me wrong, please.

I just saw another June filer getting approved!  :dance:

I hope more June filers get approved this week!  Fingers crossed!  :star:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

Timeline
11 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

I just saw another June filer getting approved!  :dance:

I hope more June filers get approved this week!  Fingers crossed!  :star:

I hope your 11 month theory is correct. Fingers crossed!

Please tell me I'm not the only one checking every day and crossing my fingers that the processing dates have magically changed.

It's crazy how waiting (read: doing nothing) can be so stressful! We're waiting on a piece of paper and a laminated card. Ugh. But they're so important!

Timeline
10 hours ago, GreatDane said:

Please tell me I'm not the only one checking every day and crossing my fingers that the processing dates have magically changed.

I've been checking this forum pretty much every day too!  :bonk:

But..I waited for 13 months for my I-130 application so I've kind of gotten used to waiting for my immigration process!  :cry:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

On 5/10/2017 at 11:39 PM, GreatDane said:

Totally NOT the only one. :clock:

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Good morning!

am i missing something here? I dont understand why people in this forum is freaking out. As long as we have the 1-year extension letter, we are fine, am i right? I know my card is expired, but that fact hasn't brought any problem in my daily life. I live here, I work here, and everything seems fine to me. I am in ROC status, and I am safe, right?
If my current status allows me to stay here legally, why should I be concerned? I want to hear why people are concerned THANK YOU, I really appreciate your insights on this matter

12-10-2013 K1 Visa Approved
01-15-2014 POE
01-23-2014 Wedding
02-07-2014 Filed AOS, EAD and AP
02-12-2014 NOA for AOS, EAD and AP
02-20-2014 Biometrics Appt. Letter for 03/07/2014
03-07-2014 Biometrics Appt. Successfully done
04-14-2014 EAD Card production
04-15-2014 AP approved. Notice sent.
04-17-2014 EAD Card was mailed
04-17-2014 (one hour later) USPS picked up card
04-22-2014 EAD Card/AP documents in hand!
06-05-2014 Notice of potential interview waiver received.
11-24-2014 GC Update: Card/Document production
12-01-2014 I-797 Notice of Action/Welcome Letter Received!
12-03-2014 GC received!!!

08/29/2016 Filed Remove of Conditional status
08/31/2016 Received NOA for ROC

02/23/2018 Lifting conditions approved. Card being ordered

03/02/2018 GC received.

Local Office: Milwaukee, WI

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Let me say this before I start, I don't mean to downplay anyone's situation or frustration, waiting can be frustrating, I've been in this great country for 17 years and finally close to getting naturalized and the process is long and frustrating at times but it's worth it and I'm proud to say I did it all the right way and legally and I don't regret any of it one bit and I don't complain because I've seen the rest of the world. People tend to forget some rights we take for granted here can get you killed in other parts of the world. I've seen this sense of entitlement getting worse over the years. Before you take to your torches and pitchforks realize no one is forcing us to become a citizen, this country doesn't owe any of us anything, we're free to go to some other country that'll treat us better. Please do not disrespect the laws and processes of the country you so desperately want to become a citizen of even before you become one. End rant.

Timeline
7 hours ago, akjclr81 said:

Good morning!

am i missing something here? I dont understand why people in this forum is freaking out. As long as we have the 1-year extension letter, we are fine, am i right? I know my card is expired, but that fact hasn't brought any problem in my daily life. I live here, I work here, and everything seems fine to me. I am in ROC status, and I am safe, right?
If my current status allows me to stay here legally, why should I be concerned? I want to hear why people are concerned THANK YOU, I really appreciate your insights on this matter

It is not that the people here are freaking out. It is because we have come so close the the end of the major chapter of immigration. And people want to get that "OFFICIAL" permanent residency. Of course, unless you have committed a crime since you got your conditional green card or you really didn't file properly, we should not have anything to worry about except it is frustrating to wait for the approval. Of course life goes on, if one doesn't get his or her 751 approved, 9 months, 10 months, 1 year, 1.5 years, USCIS will keep extending the applicant's conditional residency until they approve it, so it is really not bad except the wait. but it is "UNDERSTANDABLE" that people get frustrated after waiting for 10 or 12 months and seeing the processing moving forward so slowly and yet there is really nothing much we can do to expedite the process, so the frustration and freaking out are normal, it is just that sense of being a "CONDITIONAL" resident is really not 100 percent being a permanent resident without any conditions. Everyone's situation is different. I am married to a man I have loved and known for 20 years, it has been a hard fought battle since LGBT couldn't even get federal benefits until 2013, and my spouse now is already 89 years old and one of my biggest dreams is for him to see me become a naturalized citizen to a country we both love. Knock on wood, my man's health is pretty solid considering his age, but he is not getting younger, and we have been waiting for the approval for 9 months and a week, and there's no way of knowing how long exactly it is going to take for USCIS to even move forward because it seems extremely slowly this year around, so in my situation, what if my spouse gets sick and he is gone when my case is still pending? Do I start all over again? It is the uncertainty that haunts us, and I have heard N-400 is just as backed up as 751. So it is not just "What's the big deal?". It is a big deal to us, of course we want to get our approval as fast as we can so i can apply for 400, and it might take another year and how old is my spouse going to be? 90? 91? Trust me, I am very grateful that at least I am not one of those undocumented immigrants who is facing fear of being deported every day, but my fear is personal, and it is not our fault that we couldn't get married until 2013 in California. So anyway, I have been as patient as I have been because I know there's not much we can do except wait, but we won't rule out contacting our congressman in California just to see if he can help us since my spouse isn't getting any younger. Just need to put things in different perspectives. Good luck to those of you who have been waiting. I believe we will all be approved, just hang in there and be patient. Let's see what the update of processing times says in a few days. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.