LeandroB39

Filipina Run with another American

106 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

I want to say thank you to all of you. It's confirmed that she landed. The girl I saw on that car and the clothes she was wearing to the last picture she sent me before her flight in manila were the same. All of your are right that the best thing to do is to move on. I just need to accept that she planned all this. I already reported her and talked to her family. I am so depressed right now and I need to make time for myself to move on. Again, thank you for all of you and God bless you all.

I want to say thank you to all of you. It's confirmed that she landed. The girl I saw on that car and the clothes she was wearing to the last picture she sent me before her flight in manila were the same. All of your are right that the best thing to do is to move on. I just need to accept that she planned all this. I already reported her and talked to her family. I am so depressed right now and I need to make time for myself to move on. Again, thank you for all of you and God bless you all.

Leandro,

Please don't let this girl give you a bad impression about all Filipinos. I had something similar but not to that extent...I had a relationship with one that turned out to be married that I met only once...I found out about her and I ran as fast I could.

Now, my fiance, highly educated and professional, 40 years old, she comes from a good family. I have known her for 7 years and only on the last 4 years we got to be very close, I met her in person many times and last time was in Feb in Singapore were she have a professional job. We talked and we chatted almost every night and day, either on Viber, skype, yahoo, facebook etc...I can tell you now, this woman I can trust her with my own life...that is how close we are and that is how much time we both invested on knowing each others....

Don't give up, I know most Filipinos are good. You just need to find the right one, spend more time with her and get to know her. Go for educated ones with job and one that will tell you she does not care about coming to the US and welling to live with you in the Philippines. One more thing, you can do background check on any Filipino in the Philippines, I know there is a company that will do that....

Good luck to you, like I said before, you got lucky you did not end up marrying this woman...Karma is B****

Timeline

OP should contact the USEmb (Manilla?).. where the K-1 adjudicated.. with details of the fraud\scam\absconder They'll have a record of the fraudulent K1 if there's a next attempt.

I agree with you KlerenHby, should be reported to the US Embassy and Philippines government...This whole case was fraud and no way this girl will get out of it...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Who knows the guy in the car was her Filipino husband who came to US prior to her and he used you to bring her wife here?

ROC Process:

Submitted I-751: August 4, 2018

Received by California ofis : August 6, 2018

NOA1 date : August 29, 2018

Biometrics date : March 29, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Who knows the guy in the car was her Filipino husband who came to US prior to her and he used you to bring her wife here?

I was thinking that also but the title says "american". He mentions another foreigner but my fiance calls me a foreigner and all other non filipinos as foreigners. I think thats what the OP meant by another foreigner. If shes married to a filipino how did she get a CENOMAR?

Timeline

I was thinking that also but the title says "american". He mentions another foreigner but my fiance calls me a foreigner and all other non filipinos as foreigners. I think thats what the OP meant by another foreigner. If shes married to a filipino how did she get a CENOMAR?

I doubt that an American would go to the that length to bring her and snatch her from another man. If he was American Citizen, he would have petitioned her in the first place.

This "Foreigner" has to be her sweet heart or bf from the Philippines, and I doubt that she was married. They planned all this for her to come to the states legally and just split and disappear with him. Although what she did is wrong and considered fraud, would USCIS invest the money and time on finding her, I don't know. I just feel sorry for the OP and what he had to go through.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I doubt that an American would go to the that length to bring her and snatch her from another man. If he was American Citizen, he would have petitioned her in the first place.

This "Foreigner" has to be her sweet heart or bf from the Philippines, and I doubt that she was married. They planned all this for her to come to the states legally and just split and disappear with him. Although what she did is wrong and considered fraud, would USCIS invest the money and time on finding her, I don't know. I just feel sorry for the OP and what he had to go through.

You could very well be right but I dont think so. The other foreigne who i still believe is american as it says in the title most likely doesnt know about the OP at all and thinks shes on a tourist visa. The reason I say that is because you are describing a very dedicated and loving person that would go to those lengths to be with a bf. I just cant see her being that type of gf to anyone. Maybe the OP will chime in. Im just curious is all. Either way I hope she gets whats coming to her Edited by denali1022

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Leandro,

Please don't let this girl give you a bad impression about all Filipinos. I had something similar but not to that extent...I had a relationship with one that turned out to be married that I met only once...I found out about her and I ran as fast I could.

Now, my fiance, highly educated and professional, 40 years old, she comes from a good family. I have known her for 7 years and only on the last 4 years we got to be very close, I met her in person many times and last time was in Feb in Singapore were she have a professional job. We talked and we chatted almost every night and day, either on Viber, skype, yahoo, facebook etc...I can tell you now, this woman I can trust her with my own life...that is how close we are and that is how much time we both invested on knowing each others....

Don't give up, I know most Filipinos are good. You just need to find the right one, spend more time with her and get to know her. Go for educated ones with job and one that will tell you she does not care about coming to the US and welling to live with you in the Philippines. One more thing, you can do background check on any Filipino in the Philippines, I know there is a company that will do that....

Good luck to you, like I said before, you got lucky you did not end up marrying this woman...Karma is B****

True. I hope he don't get a General bad impression about us. Yes, I'm a Filipina and it breaks my heart when this cruel things are being done by many Filipinos/Filipinas. I am married to my USC husband for a year and nearly 6 months now. We became friends back in 2011 through a common friend in Facebook but we officially become a couple Feb 2014. So we've been friends for years before having a romantic relationship. I am currently in the US right now as a visitor and we are also working on adjusting my status. Hopefully we can send all the papers next week and everything works well. And I hope the same to you. :)

To Leandro, don't lose hope. You'll find someone you trully deserve. Let your heart heal and open it again when it's all whole and ready. Praying for you. :)

(F) I am the beneficiary (F)

Our Story:

:idea: May 31,2011-we met thru a common friend in FB (we've been bestfriends since then)

(F) February 24,2014-we officially became a couple

:wub: November 25,2014 - got engaged

(L) March 16,2015- we got married in the Philippines

Our AOS Journey:

March 1,2016 - I arrived in the US with a B2 visa (visitor)

Day 00: August 4,2016 - we submitted our AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-765) (USPS Priority Mail)

Day 0: August 8, 2016 - Package arrived at USCIS Chicago Lockbox

Day 1: August 9, 2016 - Received date in NOA (Form I-797C, Notice of Action)

Day 9: August 17, 2016 - Notice date of NOAs

Day 11: August 19, 2016 (12:26am) - received email notifications that our application has been accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing.

Day 13: August 21, 2016 - all cases receipts are working online. Registered for email and text alerts.

Day 14: August 22,2016 - got hard copies of NOAs on the mail. Notice date is August 17, 2016.
Day 44: September 21,2016 - called USCIS to follow up my biometrics letter. I was given a referral number & was advised to wait & call again after 30 days if biometrics don't arrived. (30 days should be October 21).

Day 67: October 14,2016 - called USCIS again and request to talked to a tier 2. Tier 2 made request and sent it to my local office. Advised to call back again on the 29th if the biometrics letter don't arrive.

Day 84: October 31,2016 - received biometrics letter in the mail (finally! Almost 2 months from NOA 1 date)

Day 88: November 4,2016 - I-765 (EAD) updated online to 'Case was Approved' on October 31.

Day 91: November 7,2016 - received EAD approval notice in the mail

Day 98: November 14,2016 - Biometrics appointment in Tampa (in and out within 35 mins)

Day 99: November 15,2016 - I-765 (EAD) updated online to 'New Card Is Being Produced'

Day 102: November 18,2016 - I-765 (EAD) updated online to 'Card Mailed to Me'

Day 106: November 22,2016 - I-765 (EAD) updated online to 'Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office' and found it in the mailbox! :)

Day 112: November 28,2016 - Applied for SSN

Day 118: December 3,2016 - SS card received in the mailbox :)

Day 172: January 27, 2017 - Received a text message from USCIS that there is a change in my case. I now have a schedule for interview and it's on March 2!

Day 175: January 30, 2017 - Received the Interview Appointment letter in the Mail! :) 

Day 206: March 2, 2017 - Interview schedule.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

USCIS will invest zero money and time to find her.

I'm thinking both of these guys are being played by the con-artist. Neither was supposed to find out about the other. By sheer luck, OP just happened to be at the right place at the right time.

Luckily, he saw her or would have been hit up for more money (like somebody suggested earlier) for another plane ticket and necessary paperwork, etc.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

While the best thing to do is move on and let USCIS know about her, if that had happened to me, i would have done the following just to piss her off.

1. Contact immigration department at the airport to try to find what's happening with my fiance since I got the text that immigration his holding her up (though i know that's fake message).

2. Immigration department would let me know that she was cleared for entry and she did in fact passed through the immigration and entered US.

3. Then I would file a missing person report with the police so that they would find her one day. At least she would be scared when cops are looking for her even though they are in fact looking for her safety.

4. Then once it comes to light that she voluntarily went with that person and didn't want to be with me at which point, cops will terminate their investigation, I would file a complaint at USCIS so that she would be given hard time int he future if she tries to get GC by marrying another USC.

I'm just thinking the same. Just give her hard time for playing with OP feelings and money and time. Make her life miserable here.

Timeline

I really wish that the OP provide the members with more detailed information on his relationship with this woman, how many times they met, how long they knew each others, have he met her family etc... so that it will give other members an idea of what to look for in the future when it comes to distance relationship in general, not for the the Philippines only.

Hope that we use this forum not only to deal with Visa processing but also as an educational purposes to others as well....If I am allowed to say this and not in violation of Vj rules and regulations!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I really wish that the OP provide the members with more detailed information on his relationship with this woman, how many times they met, how long they knew each others, have he met her family etc... so that it will give other members an idea of what to look for in the future when it comes to distance relationship in general, not for the the Philippines only.

Hope that we use this forum not only to deal with Visa processing but also as an educational purposes to others as well....If I am allowed to say this and not in violation of Vj rules and regulations!

Not really sure that more detailed information on the relationship is that much more helpful. There are short cons and long cons. The OP could have visited her multiple times, known her for 5 years, and it still could have happened as he said. There is no magic # of visits or length of relationship that automatically inoculates you from this kind of experience.

This is not a direct example but I think it's instructive... I knew my wife for 10 years and had visited her 15+ times before we married and she emigrated. But once she arrived, she seemed almost like a completely different person. She perceived me as different, too. Almost all my assumptions and her assumptions were wrong and the relationship was seriously at risk after 3 months here. Eventually we turned things around.

My point is, there will be many people in this thread that caution how you "really need to get to know your future spouse before marriage and immigration." While on the surface, this is a good idea, it's still no guarantee of success.

For any international relationship of any length, the lesson is: be careful.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.