NYGirl

NOA2 for March filers (Vermont only)

162 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

VSC got my package on Friday afternoon March 16th, so hopefully a NOA1 would have been sent early this week. I used a money order, so unfortunately cannot track on the USCIS website/email until I get that NOA1 paper. I did just get the return receipt in the mail today :huh:

Timeline:

02/20/2005 - Met first time in Bangkok, Thailand

01/19/2006 - "Unofficial" Wedding Ceremony in Surin, Thailand

03/19/2007 - Filed K-1 Visa petition at Vermont Service Center

08/30/2007 - Received K-1 Visa from US Embassy Bangkok

10/05/2007 - Arrived POE at Washington DC

10/09/2007 - "Official" Wedding Ceremony in Rockville, Maryland

10/23/2007 - Apply for SSN

10/25/2007 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP petitions to Chicago Lockbox

10/29/2007 - Received SSN

11/02/2007 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

11/27/2007 - AOS/EAD Biometrics - USCIS Glenmont, Maryland

12/19/2007 - AOS transfered to CSC

12/27/2007 - EAD/AP approved

01/03/2008 - Received AP Documents

01/05/2008 - Received EAD Card

Perpetual fluctuation is the essence of the perceptual universe

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I dread to imagine the stroke that 128 days of waiting would cause VSC filers. :lol:

It seems like Vermont filers do get their NOA2's more quickly in general but it is not the visa yet. And it looks like Montreal has a super long waiting list for the interview.

Actually we've already had to wait a year and a half before moving forward in our relationship - of course we hope that our visa process is speedy but it is in God's hands and timing. Just because we filed in Vermont doesn't mean things happened or are happening quicker for us - some of you filers got engaged pretty quick and started the whole process much earlier in your relationships!

That may well be, but please don't lump me in that 'you filers got engaged pretty quick' category. I knew my fiance for over 2 1/2 years before we sent in the I 129f.

I agree that the process levels out somewhat at the consulate phase but even at that - I know MANY CSC filers who would gladly switch places with even those VSC filers who have to wait a month (shock, horror!) for their NOA2. A month versus almost 4 at the service center is a HUGE difference, no matter how fast or slow your consulate may be.

No, I wasn't lumping them (you) all together at all! And I don't even think getting engaged quickly is necessarily wrong, so even if I was lumping you all together it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing! I just didn't like the sarcasm toward VSC filers about the waiting.

Please don't take what I said the wrong way. It's not a shock or horror at all to me that VSC filers may "have to wait a WHOLE month" (if that - and as if a month was super long) and a month really does not seem long at all especially compared to filers at other service centers who wait longer. Maybe there are some VSC filers who can't stand having to wait a "whole month" for their NOA2 but it seems like many or most who understand what's going on realize that they are going through more quickly than the others, and have nothing to complain about. I can see them wondering what's going on if they don't get their NOA2 in a month, but not because they couldn't wait - instead because they are generally going through faster. But that's different.

Edited by melytha

March 6, 2007 - I-129F package sent

March 21, 2007 - I-129F NOA2

October 17, 2007 - K1 interview - approved

October 19, 2007 - K1 arrived in mail

October 21, 2007 - US entry

October 23, 2007 - Wedding day

November 27, 2007 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

December 7, 2007 - Received all 3 NOA's for AOS, AP & EAD

December 10, 2007 - Received letter for biometrics appointment

January 2, 2008 - I-485 transferred to California

January 3, 2008 - Biometrics

January 16, 2008 - RFE for I-485

January 22, 2008 - RFE for I-485 arrived

January 23, 2008 - AP approved

January 25, 2008 - Case status finally updated: AP approved January 23!

January 31, 2008 - EAD card production ordered

February 2, 2008 - AP arrived in mail

February 5, 2008 - Sending a letter/RFE to CSC

February 5, 2008 - EAD card production ordered (again?!)

February 7, 2008 - RFE/letter arrived at CSC

February 7, 2008 - EAD approval sent

February 9, 2008 - EAD card received, dated January 23rd!

February 25, 2008 - CSC finally acknowledges receiving RFE

February 27, 2008 - I-485 APPROVED!

February 27, 2008 - Online case status: notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident.

March 3, 2008 - Received welcome letter

March 3, 2008 - I-485 approval letter sent

March 6, 2008 - Green card arrived in mail.

November 2009 - Removal of conditions...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

I agree with you melytha, it's not like it's our fault that VSC proceeds much quicker but it's really not fair how others keep blaming us and are being sarcastic and very bitter about it.

We're all going through the same process and all away from our loved one and it's hard as it is, no need to say that we're impatient if we haven't gotten our NOA2 in a month or so......EVERYBODY wants their case to proceed as quickly as possible.

Edited by NYGirl

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

I don't think CSC filers are 'bitter' about not going through VSC - it is what it is. You can't help where you live anymore than I can help where I live. Nor can you help that VSC processes a significantly smaller number of applications while CSC processes at least double that number - and yet don't send any of their backlog to VSC to help (guess that is too logical!).

But it IS frustrating to see VSC filers in a panic when they get touched and don't hear anything 2 days later. Or who sent it in two weeks ago and are wondering 'where oh where is my NOA2?' If it wasn't so infuriating to read, it would really be almost laughable when you've been languishing away in the CSC for months.

I agree - we all just want the process to go as fast as possible. I just wish VSCers would count their blessings a bit before they start having a moan after two weeks go by without any news (oh the humanity!). Not just that, but have some compassion for us poor CSC sods as well! :lol:

I know I don't speak for ALL CSCers, but I'm sure many others feel the same way.

Edited to say - sorry I inturrupted your thread - I'm out. :blush: Feel free to PM me if you'd rather discuss it out of the thread.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline
I don't think CSC filers are 'bitter' about not going through VSC - it is what it is. You can't help where you live anymore than I can help where I live. Nor can you help that VSC processes a significantly smaller number of applications while CSC processes at least double that number - and yet don't send any of their backlog to VSC to help (guess that is too logical!).

But it IS frustrating to see VSC filers in a panic when they get touched and don't hear anything 2 days later. Or who sent it in two weeks ago and are wondering 'where oh where is my NOA2?' If it wasn't so infuriating to read, it would really be almost laughable when you've been languishing away in the CSC for months.

I agree - we all just want the process to go as fast as possible. I just wish VSCers would count their blessings a bit before they start having a moan after two weeks go by without any news (oh the humanity!). Not just that, but have some compassion for us poor CSC sods as well! :lol:

I know I don't speak for ALL CSCers, but I'm sure many others feel the same way.

Edited to say - sorry I inturrupted your thread - I'm out. :blush: Feel free to PM me if you'd rather discuss it out of the thread.

America is known for it's freedom of speech, you are welcome to say whatever you wish.

And the only reason why VSC filers start panicking not getting their NOA2 soon enough because we've noticed how many others Vermont filers got their NOA2 way too fast and that's why. We're used to seeing it pretty fast for others and want the same happening to us.

Edited by NYGirl

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

Timeline

I wish EVERYONE'S case would proceed as quickly as possible but unfortunately it is not under yours or mine or anyone's else control but the USCIS.

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I dread to imagine the stroke that 128 days of waiting would cause VSC filers. :lol:

It seems like Vermont filers do get their NOA2's more quickly in general but it is not the visa yet. And it looks like Montreal has a super long waiting list for the interview.

How long of a super long wait?

My K-1 Journey ....

March 1 - Sent I-129F to VSC

March 9 - NOA1 by mail

March 11 - Touched

April 6 - NOA2 by email

April 12 - Received by NVC (Dated April 6th)

April 19 - Received notice from NVC - sent to Vancouver? WHAT? :) CAN IT BE TRUE???

May 4 - Packet 3!! Still from Vancouver!

May 7 - Packet 3 faxed back

May 16 - Medical in Ottawa

May 17 - Packet 4!

June 11 - Interview - APPROVED IN VANCOUVER!

June 16 - Activated visa at Alexandria Bay!

BACK IN THE USSA! ;)

Sept 1 - Wedding in Maryland

Nov 12 - AOS package recieved by USCIS

Nov 30 - NOA

Dec 3 - Received Biometrics Appointment date

Dec 20 - Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore!

Jan 14, 2008 - Case transfered to CSC

Feb 4 - Welcoming letter and AP/arrived!

Feb 6 - Case online - updated - Approval notice sent

Feb 7 - GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL - Happy dance ensues!! :) :) :) :) :)

2009/2010 - Adjustment of Status (10 year visa)

Dec - Filed I751 (Vermont)

Dec 14th - Received NOA (Conditional residence extended for one year)

Jan 26th - Biometrics in Baltimore

Jan 28th - Touch

April 2 - Approval letter recieved!

June 22 - Still no card... called Vermont Office

June 25 - Email received, card production ordered!

July 9 - GC received in mail!! :)

Timeline

Oh, I guess I was just reading this post on the Canada forum yesterday: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60261

But I know, it's all relative, even 6-9 months is not super long compared to some; some have to wait more than a year! I know a couple where the husband was from the States and the wife from India, they got married there (different process than the K1 obviously) and had to wait a year and a half before she could come to the States after they were married. And who knows, some people probably somehow go through Montreal quicker. I'm really not complaining!

February 27, 2008 - Online case status: notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident.

Timeline

Oh, I guess I was just reading this post on the Canada forum yesterday: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60261

But I know, it's all relative, even 6-9 months is not super long compared to some; some have to wait more than a year! I know a couple where the husband was from the States and the wife from India, they got married there (different process than the K1 obviously) and had to wait a year and a half before she could come to the States after they were married. And who knows, some people probably somehow go through Montreal quicker. I'm really not complaining!

Ug. 6 - 9 months? Guess I'll be moving my other horses up here from the US! :(

My K-1 Journey ....

March 9 - NOA1 by mail

March 11 - Touched

April 6 - NOA2 by email

April 19 - Received notice from NVC - sent to Vancouver? WHAT? :) CAN IT BE TRUE???

May 17 - Packet 4!

BACK IN THE USSA! ;)

Nov 30 - NOA

Jan 28th - Touch

Timeline

I don't know if it will really be that long; maybe they were just giving the extreme numbers, hopefully! (I meant 6 months for the interview from receiving the NOA2 and 9 months from filing - that's what it seemed like for that poster.)

I'm still estimating that ours will take (from date of filing I-129F to interview) anywhere from 4-9 months - no idea. Just have to wait and see! Of course we're hoping for sooner but don't want to be too optimistic, just in case...

Edited by melytha

Timeline

I don't know if it will really be that long; maybe they were just giving the extreme numbers, hopefully! (I meant 6 months for the interview from receiving the NOA2 and 9 months from filing - that's what it seemed like for that poster.)

I'm still estimating that ours will take (from date of filing I-129F to interview) anywhere from 4-9 months - no idea. Just have to wait and see! Of course we're hoping for sooner but don't want to be too optimistic, just in case...

Yes, but if I go through all the trouble of moving the rest of my horses up here I'll have the visa in hand in a week ;)

My K-1 Journey ....

March 9 - NOA1 by mail

March 11 - Touched

April 6 - NOA2 by email

May 17 - Packet 4!

BACK IN THE USSA! ;)

Nov 30 - NOA

Jan 28th - Touch

Recieved 2/27

NOA2 3/6

K1 TIMELINE

2/24 Sent I 129f to VSC

3/2 Check cashed

3/6 NOA2

3/27 Packet 3 arrives

6/19 Interview- APPROVED K1 visa

8/3 Fede arrives in JFK, gets work authorization stamp

AOS/EAD/AP TIMELINE

9/24 NVC recieves AOS/AP/EAD package

9/28 Check cashed

10/03 NOA1 for EAD, AP

10/07 NOA1 for AOS

10/07 Biometrics letter

10/22 Biometrics appointment

10/23 Receive ADVANCED PAROLE

10/25 EAD card production ordered

11/02 EAD card mailed

11/05 EAD card recieved

11/16 Case transfered to CSC

12/10 RFE for I-693

1/14 Contact local Representative for help

2/6 Mail RFE letter stating we didn't send in medical per instructions of AOS for K1 because medical was done less than a year ago (We didn't think we would ever hear from our Congressman at this point)

2/13 Response (finally!) from Rep's office saying USCIS does not have the medical report

2/13 Decide to re-do medical :( another $300 spent in the name of sweet love

3/14 Letter of intent to deny with clear explanation of why.... medical didn't have TB skin test!

3/21/08 Green Card printed

4/1 Receive Green Card!

I-751TIMELINE

1/05/2010- Working on 751 packet

2/24/10 "Your item was delivered at 11:10 AM on February 24, 2010 in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479."

3/5/10 Received NOA dated 2/25/10. Check not cashed yet.

3/17/10 I wrote the date on the check as 2009!!! I had to resend entire package with a new check. :(

3/21/2010- 2 year green card expires

4/23/10 Biometrics Appointment

7/12/10 ROC APPROVED!! Card production ordered for a Lawful Permanent Resident card. (We were not interviewed.)

Timeline
Recieved 2/27

NOA2 3/6

10 days?!

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.