Sandy john

2015 tax return

21 posts in this topic

After interview sending additional documents .now embassy asking for 2015 tax return.here is some detail .i start working(dollor tree) in November 2015.i got my w2 2015 in January 2016 which i allready sent to embassy.i am on social security disablity income,every month i get 1381$.i made 16620$ From SSDI and 1050$ from job. Now in 2016 i am able to make 23300$ with job and SSDI.

I was and now not requird to file tax return .cos SSDI stated that if my income is below 25000$ per year then i dont have file tax return.i explain this to embassy but they keep want my 2015 tax return.

Please tell me what i do how I explain to them so they can issue husband visa.

• 2 weeks later...

After interview sending additional documents .now embassy asking for 2015 tax return.here is some detail .i start working(dollor tree) in November 2015.i got my w2 2015 in January 2016 which i allready sent to embassy.i am on social security disablity income,every month i get 1381$.i made 16620$ From SSDI and 1050$ from job. Now in 2016 i am able to make 23300$ with job and SSDI.

I was and now not requird to file tax return .cos SSDI stated that if my income is below 25000$ per year then i dont have file tax return.i explain this to embassy but they keep want my 2015 tax return.

Please tell me what i do how I explain to them so they can issue husband visa.

Anybody have no idea about it what should i do?

I'm pretty sure that everyone that works must file taxes even if you only work for a few months but I've never had social security and I don't know why they would tell you not to file taxes. Maybe use your w-2 forms as income you earned if that doesn't work you can get a cosponsor

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I'm pretty sure that everyone that works must file taxes even if you only work for a few months but I've never had social security and I don't know why they would tell you not to file taxes. Maybe use your w-2 forms as income you earned if that doesn't work you can get a cosponsor

Not everyone that works must file tax returns. If the income is below the threshold requiring a filing, then the taxpayer is not obligated to file one.

Having a cosponsor does not negate the petitioner from having 3 years of tax returns or a valid reason why he was not required to file. W-2s are not enough.

What the embassy is telling you is that you have to file your 2015 taxes cuz you worked but what your talking about is if your only income is from SSID is under $25,000 you don't have to file but you have a job plus the SSID so file for 2015 then everything will be fine

I check on irs website too.that if i did not made 25000$ with SSDI and job then i dont have to file tax.cos my ssdi is tax free money. The w2 2015 i got in January allready sent.how i can file a tax return when i dont have to or its not apply on me.yes i can write again to embassy with irs website link where its statted .can u also guide in better words how should i writen a explaintion letter to embassy.

Irs link here. https://www.irs.gov/uac/social-security-benefits-and-your-taxes1

what i wrote email to embassy here is it.

Dear sir/madam

We was asked to submit tax returns 2015.I did Not filed tax returns 2015 or previous years.beacause i am on SSDI(social security disability income) as i made 16620$ in 2015.with job and SSDI now i am able to make 23300$ In 2016.If my Social Security Disability payments less then 25000$ per year, then i don't have to file tax returns as social security stated.

I hope u will found this information help full to process our case.please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you

embassy reply is here.

Dear Sir/Madam,

please note that if the petitioners income in subject immigrant visa case is not sufficient for this petition. Therefore, you must provide a financially qualified joint sponsors affidavit of support. This should include an original signed form I-864, federal tax returns from the most recent year, and evidence of employment.

Sincerely,

Correspondence & Support Unit,

Visa Section,

US Embassy, Islamabad.

SN

They said if my income is not sufficient then i need co sponsor .but in 2016 it is suffient and above poverty guideliness.i also sent job letter with pay history,6 months bank statements proof of direct deposit ssdi and job pay.in which words i write to CO to satisfied .can u please write something good on my suitition so i can send them,

Timeline

You can continue to argue with the US Embassy, or you can file a 2015 tax return. Which is easier?

While you are not obligated to file a US tax return for the IRS, the US Embassy is asking for one. Who do you have to satisfy to get your spouse a visa?

The more time you spend arguing with the US Embassy, the longer it will take for your spouse to get a visa.

Why can't you just file a tax return to get it over with so your spouse can get a visa?

It would take less effort and time for you to file a tax return rather than argue with the US Embassy.

Best of luck.

You can continue to argue with the US Embassy, or you can file a 2015 tax return. Which is easier?

While you are not obligated to file a US tax return for the IRS, the US Embassy is asking for one. Who do you have to satisfy to get your spouse a visa?

The more time you spend arguing with the US Embassy, the longer it will take for your spouse to get a visa.

Why can't you just file a tax return to get it over with so your spouse can get a visa?

It would take less effort and time for you to file a tax return rather than argue with the US Embassy.

Best of luck.

When we send email to know that what is progress going on our case.they send us this email which we came to know that Our case is pending cos of this.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your file in the immigrant visa case was reviewed recently, and visa applicants are required to submit the following documents:

Petitioners 2015 tax returns or Joint sponsor with last year tax returns

I hope this information will be helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you required any further inquiry.

I understand what u saying .but how i can file when its don't apply on me.did u check irs link .what should i say to irs when they tell me u dont have to file tax.

I m confused.

Timeline

You really are not getting this. What the IRS requires is DIFFERENT from what the US Embassy is asking of you.

Who issue visas? The IRS or the US Embassy? Who do you have to satisfy?

Yes, you are not legally obligated to file a US tax return. However, the US Embassy is not the IRS.

Either file the tax return so your spouse can get a visa or keep arguing with the US Embassy and make it worse for your spouse.

Spend a day filing a tax return and be done. Why are spending multiple days arguing with the US Embassy?

Realize that I am trying to help you. To be blunt; you are being incredibly stupid arguing with the US Embassy when it would take a day to file a tax return.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You are not obligated to file. However, it's perfectly legal to file a tax return even if you have zero income or not obligated to file.

Bottom line is you either file the tax return (providing documentation asked for) or you can probably kiss your petition goodbye.

I just don't understand your reluctance to file a tax return. Makes it sound suspicious as if you have something to hide.

Dude I'm on SSID too and I make under the threshold of 25,000 and I file every year. The embassy wants to know how your going to support your other half they want documenting to approve the visa so stop being a jack ### and just do it or it looks like you have something to hide? Good luck

Timeline

Dude I'm on SSID too and I make under the threshold of 25,000 and I file every year. The embassy wants to know how your going to support your other half they want documenting to approve the visa so stop being a jack ### and just do it or it looks like you have something to hide? Good luck

Just to give the OP an idea of how much time and effort he is wasting by resisting filing a tax return and arguing with the US Embassy.

How long did it take you to file a tax return?

How much effort do you put into it?

Like, how many hours to get it done.

Timeline

I did mine online and it only took me 1 hour to complete and file very easy to do

Exactly. Less time than it took for the OP to email the US Embassy and wait for a reply.

Instead of 1 hour of work, she would rather spend weeks arguing with the US Embassy on why she is not required to file a tax return.

Edited by aaron2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.