Sandy john

Social security disablity income and tax return

5 posts in this topic

Hi my husband had interview few months ago.embassy asked for new joint sponsor .we submit new i864 ,my w2 2015 ,job letter with pay history,and bank statements for proof of direct deposit 2 weeks ago.i start work in november 2015.after sending these documnets our case update 2 times ,then we call nvc for knowing update on case she transfer my call to someone cos she dont have information then a man pick up call who told me embassy want my tax return 2015 or 2016 .even after sending my w2 2015 and social security disablity income letter.with SSDI and job pay i make about 24000$ year. Which i also mention on i 864. I read on websites that if i am under 25000$ per year tax return does not apply on me.please tell me how much nvc man true .and if ihe is right what should i do.how can i explain to embassy .or does tax return apply to me ????

I get 1381$ Very month from SSDI .and 7000$ Will be from my job per year .as job year will b end november.

Embassy did not email my husband (applicant) that they need my tax return.

I am very very confused.dont know what to do .please please help me.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

https://www.irs.gov/uac/do-i-need-to-file-a-tax-return

Follow the link to the IRS website to determine if you were required to file a US tax return.

Making under $25,000 means your SSDI is not taxed. It doesn't mean that you don't have to file a US tax return.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/do-i-need-to-file-a-tax-return

Follow the link to the IRS website to determine if you were required to file a US tax return.

Making under $25,000 means your SSDI is not taxed. It doesn't mean that you don't have to file a US tax return.

Last year i get $16620 from SSDI. I start job in nov 2015. If i able to continue my job in 2016 i will made about $23000 this year.i did not recive any tax paper or slip in 2015. U think so $23000 in tax return amount,i see the link i try to put things there but could not understand,if u need to see if it apply on me or not u can ask questions to see and i can answer them.this might help to understand better .

Cos i am thinking to writen them letter that it does not apply on me,what u say.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.