16 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, Mine is july 2015 too.. me too did not receive any yet.

Thanks for the info. I heard some in May and June had their WL already. Just checking. Thanks again

Timeline

Good for them.. our's will be soon too.. But the bulletin dint move even a day this month.

Yeah.. It might retrogress too in september but move forward in october. Read the bottom bart of the bulletin.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Lets hope for he best and wish it jumps from Nov 2014 to Nov 2015.. just a wish...

I just received my welcome letter thru email. I called nvc about it. I also asked what will happen if i complete all steps on the letter. They told me that i still have to wait for my priority date to be current before they can schedule an interview. I guess welcome letter doesnt really have to arrive early if pd is still 8 months away. Haha.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yeah I too recieved my Welcome letter 2 days ago. I already knew that even though if we complete the process well advace in time we still have to wait for PD to become current. But it will be wise to complete the processing and wait for PD to become current, you never know when it will become current, if it become current early all you will have to do is keep calling NVc to schedule the IV asap. So do not delay thinking that it is 8 months away, Visa Bulletin is unpredictable at the moment.

Timeline

One thing I am still concerned about it, I filed for my wife and son as a derivative beneficiary, now she is pregnant and will deliver around the year end, was just wondering if I complete the NvC steps and wait for IL, how can I file for my newborn baby? Any ideas or experiences anyone??

Thanks.

Timeline

One thing I am still concerned about it, I filed for my wife and son as a derivative beneficiary, now she is pregnant and will deliver around the year end, was just wondering if I complete the NvC steps and wait for IL, how can I file for my newborn baby? Any ideas or experiences anyone??

Thanks.

I actually thought of that too. My wife is not pregnant yet. I tried looking for a case that's something like that here but i could not find any. Maybe you should consult a lawyer. If ever i do, i will ask it too and update you. Congratulations on your baby!

Timeline

Thanks for the wishes, I was reading yesterday on Internet I don't remember which website it was, but a guy had the same situation, but he went on ahead and completed his NVC processing and he also received his IL before the baby was even born. On the Interview day his wife took the baby to Consulate and the Consular officer asked her about the baby and asked her to submit birth certificate and passport and issued F2A Immigrant Visa. I was happy to hear that but at the same time it sounded unreal to me, he might be correct but I am finding it hard to digest. I will call up and ask NVC about the situation and at the same time I will continue the NVC process.

Well best of luck to you too.. hope that VB in October shoots up to August 2015.. Lol.. I just wish this could happen.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah I too recieved my Welcome letter 2 days ago. I already knew that even though if we complete the process well advace in time we still have to wait for PD to become current. But it will be wise to complete the processing and wait for PD to become current, you never know when it will become current, if it become current early all you will have to do is keep calling NVc to schedule the IV asap. So do not delay thinking that it is 8 months away, Visa Bulletin is unpredictable at the moment.

Hello Mate,

My pd is June 2015 as well

My wife received docs yesterday says that after we complete the steps(Choose an agent, pay fees, submit visa application form, collect financial docs, supporting docs, submit docs to NVC) they will review it and schedule an interview.

I guess I will received welcome letter after completing the steps. what is "IV" in your email when you ask to Schedule. Is that interview?

I received my Welcome Letter 5 days ago but I'm doing AOS/i-485. Do I have to notify NVC that I'm processing mine thru USCIS

I-130

08/20/2015: I-130 package sent  (Priority Date)

12/30/2015: 1-130 Approved

06/01/2016: Welcome Letter

I-485/I-765/I-131

10/28/2016: AOS Application Package Sent to Chicago (UPS)
10/31/2016: AOS Package Delivered
11/15/2016: E-Notifications received
11/21/2016: NOA received in mail

11/28/2016: Biometrics Appointment Letter received

12/07/2016: Bio metrics Appointment

01/22/2017: EAD is being produced (118 days)

07/03/2017: Interview is Scheduled

08/07/2017: Interview Day

08/08/2017: I-485 approval letter mailed

08/10/2017: permanent resident card mailed

08/14/2017: Received permanent resident card (almost 2 years journey)

Timeline

I received my Welcome Letter 5 days ago but I'm doing AOS/i-485. Do I have to notify NVC that I'm processing mine thru USCIS

I think so. I think it was written on the nvc website, or uscis website, that you must inform nvc if you are doing aos.

What is your pd? And category?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.