Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Timeline

Welcome back. Hope you enjoyed your time there. I was born in Lagos and my birthday is Nov 29th. So that's really interesting from my perspective ?. Good luck coming your way.

Yay, Habesha Love! It's so nice your birthday and our interview, Lagos. I am sure you are giving us luck. Thank you

Tasha

Valabum,

I know it tends to be expensive, well because anything is more than free, but I know that in the UK if you go private you can speed things up! Is this an option for him? Or with all the other expenses is it out of the budget? Another option, I believe, is that he can reach out to his old doctor if he can find them and have them fax the records to Knightsbridge. I know finding him might be hard, but there was someone previously who had a similar type issue and that worked for them. I will try and find the post and link it for you so you can read exactly what they did regarding the doctor moving.

Just trying to think of options for you!

That's definitely an option but that would severely eat into our budget. It's a hard decision to make but for now we are just going to wait. I told him the same as I said here - we were approved in 46 days, far earlier than expected. This isn't a "delay," it's just.....coming out even.

I don't like it though. I don't like it one bit. We were on a fast track to being together by Christmas.

I think that's what bothers me the most. I got my hopes up and was convinced he'd be here by Christmas. Now this is sort of like a slap in the face - and my poor guy now feels guilty he ever sought treatment in the first place, knowing its come back to haunt him.

But of course that's silly! Just the fact he hasn't seen a therapist in ages is more important than anything else! It's kinda like "keep up the good work!"

Meanwhile I'm unhappy but...what else can you do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

WE JUST GOT OUR CASE NUMBER LONDON HERE WE COME!!!!

In January.... lol... but at least we can get rolling on everything else!

Dancing in my chair right now and Vegas (coolest name ever) is the NVC guy who gave me the case number and he was super nice!!!!

So happy for you!

Finally!!!!

~ Allison, the USC

Timeline

We were notified about the Rfe on 09/30 then we received the letter on 6/10 and sent the answer on 7/10.

We haven't seen anything yet on the app. It still shows Rfe mailed...sour we are still waiting.

But wonder if there are some people that got denied after an RFE was sent...? Just being curious, negative ...Haha.

Hi have you heard anything since you returned your RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Tasha, GREAT new picture! Love it!!

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Today we are in 'Administrative Processing'!

Hopefully 'Issued' soon!

I finally got my Fiance to write his review on our Embassy in London.

If anyone interviewing there has a question about something else, PM me and I'll ask him!

:dancing:

Edited by Tieary

July 13th 2016 -Sent I-129F                                  Nov 07th 2016 -Applied for SSN
July 20th 2016 -NOA 1                                           Nov 12th 2016 -Received SSN in Mail
Sep 02nd 2016 -NOA 2                                          Jan 17th 2017 -Wedding
Sep 14th 2016 -Arrived at NVC                              Jan 23rd 2017 -Sent I-485, I-765, I-131
Sep 19th 2016 -Departed from NVC                      Jan 27th 2017 -NOA 1
Sep 21st 2016 -Arrived at Embassy                       Feb 24th 2017 -Biomentrics Appointment
Sep 23rd 2016 -Case Status: Ready                       April 27th 2017 -EAD/AP Approved!
Sep 29th 2016 -Medical                                         May 3rd 2017 -EAD/AP Combo Card In Hand

Oct 14th 2016 -Interview: Approved!                    Dec 6th 2017 -AOS Approved!

Oct 17th 2016 -Case Status: AP                            Dec 13th 2017 -Greencard In Hand

Oct 20th 2016 -Case Status: Issued

Oct 25th 2016 -Visa In Hand

Oct 30th 2016 -POE O'hare Airport

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Police records picked up, medical booked for this week, and interview scheduled for 11/14!

Spoiler

USCIS

7/20/2016 ... I-129F Petition mailed
7/27/2016 ... NOA1 (Digital)
8/01/2016 ... NOA1 (Hardcopy)
9/09/2016 ... NOA2 (Digital)

9/14/2016 ... NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

9/19/2016 ... NVC received

9/21/2016 ... Case# and IIN assigned

9/22/2016 ... Petition left NVC

9/25/2016 ... "Ready"

Embassy TKY

10/03/2016 ... Packet 3 Received

10/17/2016 ... Police Records Received

10/20/2016 ... Medical Exam

11/14/2016 ... Interview (Approved)

11/17/2016 ... Visa In Hand

POE

1/02/2017 ... SFO

1/24/2017 ... Married

I-485

02/16/2017 ... I-485 Mailed ( LOST BY USPS!!! )

04/06/2017 ... I-485 Mailed again

04/21/2017 ... NoA 1

05/08/2017 ... RFE Received (Need English Translation for Birth Certificate)

05/15/2017 ... Biometrics appointment in San Francisco

05/18/2017 ... RFE Response Received

07/19/2017 ... I-485 Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/04/2017 ... I-485 Interview Date

Timeline

I am really nervous now, after my fiance had his medical exam yesterday. I understand that the doctors are also putting the "patient / applicant" under scrutiny, so maybe the questions aren't that unusual...

For example, Robert moved to the UK from another European country in order to go through this visa process in the UK. He lived in that other country for 7 years. He told the doctor that he came here for this visa process, and the doctor said, "so you want to get out of here as soon as possible,then..."

Robert said he felt the doctor was implying that he was just trying to jump countries, and Robert felt that was strange. He replied with, "not exactly, but it would be nice. The frustration of not being able to be together when we have so many plans together" and he went into some of our interests and plans.

He also mentioned to the doctor that he doesn't have a job here because he's only in the UK for a short while for the visa process, so he's able to be on my sleep schedule, which with me being on the east coast in the US, means he's waking up at 11am or noon his time when I wake up at 6 or 7am my time. Robert said the doctor reacted as if that was strange. I know it is strange, don't get me wrong. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to be on the same schedule when you're on different time zones.

The doctor said that if Robert doesn't hear from them in 5 days, then everything is ok and the case is forwarded to the embassy. Now we're both sort of worried. He's worried that something may show up in the blood work and I'm worried that his answers may make the doctor concerned about Robert's intentions or may make him come back in for additional testing and possibly postpone things.

It just feels completely unfair that we even have to go through this much scrutiny simply because we weren't born in the same country. And I say that for everyone here. Not just Robert and I. Ours is a bona fide relationship, never before have I connected with someone on such a deep level, and if this all goes to hell now because Robert and I are "different" or "strange"... well obviously we'd go through the Spousal visa, but my god, we're so close now we can taste it. It would be devastating. I can take some comfort in knowing London is an easy embassy.

Has anyone else had concerns after the medical due to the questions that were asked there?

Thank you all for letting me vent a little. Again, I know this entire situation isn't unique to Robert and I, and it is my hope that in a month, when we're approved at the embassy, that all of this will seem silly, the worry, the stress.

~ Allison, the USC

Timeline

I am really nervous now, after my fiance had his medical exam yesterday. I understand that the doctors are also putting the "patient / applicant" under scrutiny, so maybe the questions aren't that unusual...

For example, Robert moved to the UK from another European country in order to go through this visa process in the UK. He lived in that other country for 7 years. He told the doctor that he came here for this visa process, and the doctor said, "so you want to get out of here as soon as possible,then..."

Robert said he felt the doctor was implying that he was just trying to jump countries, and Robert felt that was strange. He replied with, "not exactly, but it would be nice. The frustration of not being able to be together when we have so many plans together" and he went into some of our interests and plans.

He also mentioned to the doctor that he doesn't have a job here because he's only in the UK for a short while for the visa process, so he's able to be on my sleep schedule, which with me being on the east coast in the US, means he's waking up at 11am or noon his time when I wake up at 6 or 7am my time. Robert said the doctor reacted as if that was strange. I know it is strange, don't get me wrong. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to be on the same schedule when you're on different time zones.

The doctor said that if Robert doesn't hear from them in 5 days, then everything is ok and the case is forwarded to the embassy. Now we're both sort of worried. He's worried that something may show up in the blood work and I'm worried that his answers may make the doctor concerned about Robert's intentions or may make him come back in for additional testing and possibly postpone things.

It just feels completely unfair that we even have to go through this much scrutiny simply because we weren't born in the same country. And I say that for everyone here. Not just Robert and I. Ours is a bona fide relationship, never before have I connected with someone on such a deep level, and if this all goes to hell now because Robert and I are "different" or "strange"... well obviously we'd go through the Spousal visa, but my god, we're so close now we can taste it. It would be devastating. I can take some comfort in knowing London is an easy embassy.

Has anyone else had concerns after the medical due to the questions that were asked there?

Thank you all for letting me vent a little. Again, I know this entire situation isn't unique to Robert and I, and it is my hope that in a month, when we're approved at the embassy, that all of this will seem silly, the worry, the stress.

Oh my gosh, that sounds so stressful!! I just asked Alex (he had his yesterday too) and the only person things they asked him were where he had lived before and if he played Overwatch, lol. I think they were just trying to make conversation with your fiancé, honestly, and regardless they're not the interviewing officer at the embassy!! So they can't do anything to stop him from coming, no matter how weird they think he is. I think it might just be British culture too; like "why would you ever want to leave here" mentality. Alex got a lot of that when he first told his family and friends. You'll be okay and you'll be with him soon!! I can't wait til Nov 17!!!

Timeline

Oh my gosh, that sounds so stressful!! I just asked Alex (he had his yesterday too) and the only person things they asked him were where he had lived before and if he played Overwatch, lol. I think they were just trying to make conversation with your fiancé, honestly, and regardless they're not the interviewing officer at the embassy!! So they can't do anything to stop him from coming, no matter how weird they think he is. I think it might just be British culture too; like "why would you ever want to leave here" mentality. Alex got a lot of that when he first told his family and friends. You'll be okay and you'll be with him soon!! I can't wait til Nov 17!!!

Oh that's right! I forgot Alex was there at the same time as Robert! Yes, I think you're right. He and I are just stressed and over-analytical of every single tiny detail even when and if the people doing the reviewing aren't. After hearing from you and Tieary, I feel so much better. Thank you so much!!

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

In my fiance's medical, they asked him a lot of things. He has one small tattoo on his finger, and the doctor asked him if he had anymore and if he had been involved in gang activity. She also asked him about me and our relationship. I think they are honestly just interested in your story. My fiance was sent to a psychologist the next day because of his prior drug use. The psychologist talked to him and sent papers to the doctor, who sent it on to the Embassy. Honestly, I think if the doctor had a problem from an answer that your fiance gave, he would have told him then or given your fiance a next step then. I think he said five days because he is waiting to see how blood work, urine tests, I don't know what else, comes back.

Met: 09/14/2013

Started Dating: 02/09/2014

Began Long Distance Relationship: 02/13/2014

I moved to Costa Rica: 01/15/2015

My parents visited and he proposed: 06/29/2016

Packet Sent: 07/01/2016

NOA1: 07/05/2016

NOA2: 08/25/2016

NVC Tracking number: 09/12/2016

Medical: 09/28/2016

Interview: 10/11/2016

POE: 10/28/2016

Wedding: 1/6/17 !!!!!

AOS and EAD Packet Sent: 1/18/17

NOA1: 1/23/17

Bio Appointment: 2/27/17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Wow, Allison, that is odd for them to ask so many non-medical questions. Maybe just chatting. They are really just supposed to do the medical evaluation and nothing else so maybe it's nothing to worry about. I would think if there was a potential problem (based on conversation) they would have brought it up then. The "if you don't hear from us in 5 days everything is fine" comment is probably more to do with any tests they took, like blood work.

I think it's easy for us to worry toooo much because so much is at stake for us. But I think you will be fine with this. I don't think that many get refused at the medical evaluation stage unless it is something pretty serious. If I were you I would be looking more towards the interview at this point. :)

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Timeline

Thank you, CRamak and Laurel! You're both probably right, that if there was anything they were concerned about other than the medical results (blood, urine, etc), then they would have mentioned it there. And maybe he was just making small talk and maybe some doctors just aren't as natural at it as others.

I truly feel as if I can breathe now thanks to the support of VJ! *sighs* What a journey this has been, but... I can't wait for our real journey to begin. ^^ !! Yay November 17!!!

~ Allison, the USC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.