Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hi all! Here, back from Lagos, Nigeria, still sleepy, resting.

Congratulations to all approved!!! So happy for all the progress here in our group!

My 1 week time with my fiance was great, fighting as usual, we always do, it's mostly me, any word I misunderstand, I grab my suitcase and run, lol! He is much younger but so much adult and mature. It was so great to be in person and to feel closer as we didn't see each other for 9 months.

Our interview is November 29, 2016, it is what they gave us, we both wanted it sooner but I think it's a perfect time, my fiance and the baby will be here before Christmas, very significant time, family together

Tasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

By the way, Kat&Jon, my fiancé is annoyed about our inefficiency (as am I), lol. We still use checks here, for instance. So, the fact that each packet that enters isn't numbered automatically seems kind of silly.

What is everyone doing in terms of wedding plans? :)

Yes it is super silly!

We actually are only having a normal wedding dated April 21, 2017! No civil ceremony or anything. Since it is so far down the line we weren't too worried about booking venues, but all of our contracts have changeable dates since we told them there could be movement in our times and they all have graciously agreed to it with no extra fees! Amen to that!

Hi all,

Tricky situation here,

Me (the US citizen) and my partner (originally from England) are currently living in New Zealand on a temporary work visa that expires in January-- we were planning on leaving NZ before Christmas, as we filed our K-1 back in July and assumed it would be ready by then.

We've just received and RFE so it looks like the chances of approval before Christmas is unlikely... so we've decided to go travelling for the next couple of months then head back to the UK and have his interview there-- rather than waiting around New Zealand.

So we would like to request of USCIS to change our address to the UK from this point.

My question is-- how much will this delay things? Is this even possible to do at this stage? Will they give us trouble for this?

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks,

Layla

I STRONGLY do not recommend attempting to move your embassy during the process. It has been known to cause even further delays. If I can find the few posts that have happened recently I will try to get them to you, but if you do travel, I would try and go back to New Zealand if possible just because it can be a massive headache to change embassies according to multiple people on the forums.

Congratulations to all approved!!! So happy for all the progress here in our group!

My 1 week time with my fiance was great, fighting as usual, we always do, it's mostly me, any word I misunderstand, I grab my suitcase and run, lol! He is much younger but so much adult and mature. It was so great to be in person and to feel closer as we didn't see each other for 9 months.

Our interview is November 29, 2016, it is what they gave us, we both wanted it sooner but I think it's a perfect time, my fiance and the baby will be here before Christmas, very significant time, family together

Tasha

Welcome back Tasha!!! You have been missed! I am so glad you had a great trip and that you returned safely!!!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Timeline

Welcome back Tasha!!! You have been missed! I am so glad you had a great trip and that you returned safely!!!

Yes, safe, the place is not very safe for white people over there but my fiance is very caring, he was getting always the bottled water for me, checking and getting very safe food and not letting me run away, lol!

I missed you all too

Tasha

Timeline

WE JUST GOT OUR CASE NUMBER LONDON HERE WE COME!!!!

In January.... lol... but at least we can get rolling on everything else!

Dancing in my chair right now and Vegas (coolest name ever) is the NVC guy who gave me the case number and he was super nice!!!!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Dancing in my chair right now and Vegas (coolest name ever) is the NVC guy who gave me the case number and he was super nice!!!!

Jeeeeez finally!!!

I actually just got my NVC letter in the mail today, lol. Thankful that i didn't have to actually wait for it to do anything! It's been two weeks since i got my case number.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Tasha

Welcome back!! It must have been wonderful to see your fiance! The interview will be here before you know it.. in the meantime you can continue getting ready!

YAAAAAAAAAY!!!

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Tasha

Welcome back. Hope you enjoyed your time there. I was born in Lagos and my birthday is Nov 29th. So that's really interesting from my perspective ?. Good luck coming your way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Congratulations to everyone on their progress!

Tasha, welcome back! We missed you. :)

HabeshaLove: really cool connections to Lagos and Nov 29! Good omen?

Kat&Jon changeable dates are a great convenience. I would be happy with something on the small side with loved ones but sometimes these things end up changing as you plan, so we'll see, haha.

CassandraSerenity: your wedding sounds like so much fun! I'm super excited you, heck, for everyone!

The wait is terrible and sometimes we hit obstacles but there's always a way. I'm glad we're all here to figure it out together. :)

Edited by tortugarouge

Well I'm devastated. Actually, that word doesn't even come close.

My fiancé had his medical this week. His regular doctor was kind enough to submit his entire file from 1980-whatever to present.

Problem is, there's a truckload of things missing. It's inconsequential, but that time he broke his leg as a kid? It's disappeared! It's like it never happened! His vaccination record is also missing, which isn't a huge deal but only a pain that he must get some shots again.

The most important thing of all is missing - his most recent evaluation for depression. Ugh, he hasn't even seen a therapist for AGES! To make matters worse, the therapist had moved to another country since then as well!

So now he has to see his GP in November, who will refer him to someone for a new evaluation. In other words, we're delayed indefinitely.

I'm more than a little annoyed because I suffered depression as a teenager (I'm nearly 37 now) yet no one is studying me under a microscope! Nor have they ever! When I mention it to doctors, they kind of shrug their shoulders like its a pretty common and routine occurrence! I'm sure it's especially common for teenagers too, but cmon!

I don't mean to make light of depression - I just don't jump to conclusions that every single sufferer must be suicidal. It feels like he's considered guilty before being proven innocent!

However, on the bright side, the doctor at his medical this week was very understanding. She apologized that she couldn't forward the case along, and then asked how we met. She said our story sounded "like a fairy tale," and apologized again that the process has become so complicated for us just to be together. So that was nice to hear!

The only consolation I'm getting is knowing everything else up until now has moved very quickly - faster than we imagined. Maybe with this delay, we'll come out even. Not early, just even.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I was approved as well! I just mostly read and never post :)

We're getting married on January 6th in a regular wedding (the venue is in a small town and does not book quickly for off season dates). I am so excited to fly with him on his first ever flight and to see my family again!

Met: 09/14/2013

Started Dating: 02/09/2014

Began Long Distance Relationship: 02/13/2014

I moved to Costa Rica: 01/15/2015

My parents visited and he proposed: 06/29/2016

Packet Sent: 07/01/2016

NOA1: 07/05/2016

NOA2: 08/25/2016

NVC Tracking number: 09/12/2016

Medical: 09/28/2016

Interview: 10/11/2016

POE: 10/28/2016

Wedding: 1/6/17 !!!!!

AOS and EAD Packet Sent: 1/18/17

NOA1: 1/23/17

Bio Appointment: 2/27/17

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Tasha

it is good, mine is 5th december, the soneest one. :P i waited extra 1 and a half month than other people :P

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

Sent (i-485, i-765) : 4 March '17

Received: 6 March '17

Noa1: 22 March '17

Hardcopy received: 25 March '17

I-485 RFIE: 29 March '17

RFIE response received: 19 April '17

Biometrics: 20 April '17

Service Request: 12 June '17 (100 days)

Answer: Case is in our current processing time 13 June '17

2nd Service Request: 3 July '17 (118 days)

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

Sent : 6 June '16

Noa1 : 9 June '16

Noa2 : 18 August '16

NVC Received: 30 August '16

Case Number Assigned: 1 September '16

Interview date: 5 December '16

Missing papers: i-134 and police record. Gonna send ASAP.

Sent missing papers : 3 January '17

Ap : 5 January '17

Ap update and got mail that says documents received: 9 January '17

Ready and nonimmigrant visa: 13 January '17

Issued: 17 January '17

Visa in the hand: 18 January '17

POE: 26 January '17

Marriage Date: 3 February '17

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

Welcome back Tasha!!! I'm happy for y'all. Things are moving forward .?.

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiancé had his medical this week. His regular doctor was kind enough to submit his entire file from 1980-whatever to present.

Problem is, there's a truckload of things missing. It's inconsequential, but that time he broke his leg as a kid? It's disappeared! It's like it never happened! His vaccination record is also missing, which isn't a huge deal but only a pain that he must get some shots again.

The most important thing of all is missing - his most recent evaluation for depression. Ugh, he hasn't even seen a therapist for AGES! To make matters worse, the therapist had moved to another country since then as well!

So now he has to see his GP in November, who will refer him to someone for a new evaluation. In other words, we're delayed indefinitely.

I'm more than a little annoyed because I suffered depression as a teenager (I'm nearly 37 now) yet no one is studying me under a microscope! Nor have they ever! When I mention it to doctors, they kind of shrug their shoulders like its a pretty common and routine occurrence! I'm sure it's especially common for teenagers too, but cmon!

I don't mean to make light of depression - I just don't jump to conclusions that every single sufferer must be suicidal. It feels like he's considered guilty before being proven innocent!

However, on the bright side, the doctor at his medical this week was very understanding. She apologized that she couldn't forward the case along, and then asked how we met. She said our story sounded "like a fairy tale," and apologized again that the process has become so complicated for us just to be together. So that was nice to hear!

The only consolation I'm getting is knowing everything else up until now has moved very quickly - faster than we imagined. Maybe with this delay, we'll come out even. Not early, just even.

Oh man. I'm so sorry. That is very upsetting to hear, especially when you have momentum. But really? If he hasn't needed to see a therapist in ages, why does he need an evaluation?? Couldn't the therapist abroad fax/scan and email a document? Surely they had to preserve old files. This just seems unreasonable.

Good news is, there are steps you can take to keep moving. It's just a blip but you'll be back on track soon. Sending you positive thoughts!

Timeline

Valabum,

I know it tends to be expensive, well because anything is more than free, but I know that in the UK if you go private you can speed things up! Is this an option for him? Or with all the other expenses is it out of the budget? Another option, I believe, is that he can reach out to his old doctor if he can find them and have them fax the records to Knightsbridge. I know finding him might be hard, but there was someone previously who had a similar type issue and that worked for them. I will try and find the post and link it for you so you can read exactly what they did regarding the doctor moving.

Just trying to think of options for you!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.