Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

My fiancé sent our answer of the Rfe yesterday afternoon. Back on the waiting bench. Hope it will be quick. Hahah...

My fiancé sent our answer of the Rfe yesterday afternoon. Back on the waiting bench. Hope it will be quick. Hahah...

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It seems most people get the notice that they received the RFE response in 1 week and the NOA2 in 2 weeks from the time you mailed it out - and that was our case too.. good luck!

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone,

I met my fiance online around May 2014. We took it slow. I visited her for 7 weeks in the fall of 2015. In late July of 2016 we decided we both both loved each other very much and that we wanted to start the process.

I filled out all the information for the biographical forms for both of us and the I-129f. I just had her sign and date the Biographical form and sent it to me with a letter of intent that she signed and dated. We also included a "How we meet and our story," from our different perspectives. She forgot to sign and date hers but it didn't look necessary from what I read.

I included copies of plane tickets, hotel stays, and about 12ish photos. Also, included the passport photos that were taken within a month. I wrote the name and address on the back of each one (I did 4 for both of us), and included those receipts too.

Everyone's story is a little different. They government is looking for fraud and that everything is legal (rightly so). I was a little worried about my case because I have had a few alcohol related incidents. I had to check the box and get copies from the courts. My last incident was over five years and I don't have any other legal history. On the positive our relationship had a decent amount of time involved and I stayed lived with her for 7 weeks.

My opinion is just make sure the paperwork is properly signed and dated. Be clear as possible about past addresses and work history. Neither one of us had kids or marriages in the past, so, not an issue I had to worry about.

If you have only been in a relationship a short amount of time, I would try and stay long as possible on your visit. Multiple visits are good too. But if your budget is tight I wouldn't worry about it, just take one trip and try to stay as long as you can. There are hostels or maybe your significant other has family you can live with. When you think about the immigration officers role, try to put yourself in their shoes. Is a receipt for every little thing necessary when you show receipts for plane tickets and hotel stays as evidence that you went and saw your fiance? I bet most officers just scan it super quick. They don't care you bough a snickers bar at the gas station. They just want to know you fulfilled the requirement of visiting your fiance in her home country within the last 2 years. I don't think it would make much of difference (besides wedding ring / wedding related purchases). Each officer probably goes through 20 + cases a day and has their process down to an efficient as possible system. Are the basic i's and t's crossed, signed and dated? Are both parties free from serious legal trouble and legally able to marry? That's probably the jist of it. If they have suspicion maybe they send an rfe and make the couple jump through another hoop.

Who knows, I am not an expert. Just my 2 cents. I only offer it because I read these stories about sweating an rfe and also sending 200+ pages. (And my special circumstance with the alcohol incidents) -no felonies- If your case is pretty straight forward, I wouldn't sweat all that. No need for extra stress. The wait is stressful enough! Just knock the paperwork out, add the evidence, letter of intent, extra paperwork you need for your case and, send it!

Good Luck to everyone and God Bless.

Does anyone know if the CSC is closed on Monday for Columbus Day? I hope not but I would imagine they are....

• I-129F mailed : 07/23/2016

NOA1: 07/29/2016

Hardcopy of NOA1: 08/08/2016

RFE: 09/16/2016

RFE reply received: 10/03/2016

NOA2: 10/12/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Does anyone know if the CSC is closed on Monday for Columbus Day? I hope not but I would imagine they are....

Yes, someone mentioned as it is a federal holiday, they will be closed, and that it may explain the slowness of approvals on Friday since many may have extended their long weekend

Agh, thought so... thanks! That's another day of waiting I guess :(

• I-129F mailed : 07/23/2016

NOA1: 07/29/2016

Hardcopy of NOA1: 08/08/2016

RFE: 09/16/2016

RFE reply received: 10/03/2016

NOA2: 10/12/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Interview is tomorrow. . . .I hope we get an officer that is kind! :)

Met: 09/14/2013

Started Dating: 02/09/2014

Began Long Distance Relationship: 02/13/2014

I moved to Costa Rica: 01/15/2015

My parents visited and he proposed: 06/29/2016

Packet Sent: 07/01/2016

NOA1: 07/05/2016

NOA2: 08/25/2016

NVC Tracking number: 09/12/2016

Medical: 09/28/2016

Interview: 10/11/2016

POE: 10/28/2016

Wedding: 1/6/17 !!!!!

AOS and EAD Packet Sent: 1/18/17

NOA1: 1/23/17

Bio Appointment: 2/27/17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Interview is tomorrow. . . .I hope we get an officer that is kind! :)

Good luck! I am sure you will be approved just fine! Fingers crossed for you!!!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We have decided to keep our interview date of November 17 so that we have time to get many things in order. I just thought I'd give an update.

Congrats to those going for your interview soon! I can't wait to hear how things go! Other still waiting on various things, RFE letter or NOA2, hang in there! :D

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How long after an RFE is recieved at the service Center CSC does it take to recieve a decision

Thank you in advance

1 to 2 weeks they should reponse to your RFE!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

How long after an RFE is recieved at the service Center CSC does it take to recieve a decision

Thank you in advance

Mine took exactly one week.

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

How long after an RFE is recieved at the service Center CSC does it take

Thank you in advance

We were notified about the Rfe on 09/30 then we received the letter on 6/10 and sent the answer on 7/10.

We haven't seen anything yet on the app. It still shows Rfe mailed...sour we are still waiting.

But wonder if there are some people that got denied after an RFE was sent...? Just being curious, negative ...Haha.

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.